George Floyd was actually an evil man.

1 no one is saying he deserved to die, just not canonized as a saint much like Michael Brown was before the truth came out

2 the Dylan Roof thing has nothing to do with race. Police often bring people food and drink to get them to write their full confessions especially in serious felony murders
OP said word for word he got what he deserved

None of that matters.
He was in cuffs and no longer resisting. A knee was on his neck for 2:45 after he went out. This cop is guilty of murder. If Floyd had been caught killing someone or in the act of a rape then this cop is guilty of murder. it’s just that simple

The cop is guilty and will be punished. I’m not so sure it will be murder though.

That's why I added professional.
4 engineers from GT
2 degrees from Cornell. Landscape architecture/City Planning and pre-law.
Law degree from Boston U.
Nursing Degree from UAB.
Accounting/Masters of Accounting - ETSU
Geology - UT - Oak Ridge.
Education - UT and UAB

My point was that intelligent young professionals (the future) find the protests relevant.
It may be a generational thing - most change seems to be.
I'm sure some of them are very successful in their fields. And probably most of them are brighter than me. That doesn't mean that they have a accurate grasp on social issues or an idea of what good governance looks like. Kids at Cal Berkeley are a testament of that. I'd like to hear what changes some of them are asking for though. I enjoy you Luther you provide the variance in opinion that makes this board fun

I'm sure some of them are very successful in their fields. And probably most of them are brighter than me. That doesn't mean that they have a accurate grasp on social issues or an idea of what good governance looks like. Kids at Cal Berkeley are a testament of that. I'd like to hear what changes some of them are asking for though. I enjoy you Luther you provide the variance in opinion that makes this board fun
I think it's more just moving the needle further toward the "that's intolerable and totally unacceptable" end.
If 50 years ago 50% of LEO's treated blacks more harshly and today it is 5%, then that is obviously progress.
These protests are just a statement that there is still progress that must be made.
These protests are an attempt to move from 5% to 0.5%.

OP said word for word he got what he deserved
What I said was that he got what he deserved but not WHEN
he deserved it. Slight difference. I don't think the cops actions were justified based on the specifics of the situation. The cop didn't know that he had a class A shitbag on hand. It could have been any petty criminal. I think Floyd deserved to die but for a previous crime.

Reactions: Sea Ray
So he was hooked on drugs and either knowingly or unknowingly pased a bad bill. That doesn't mean he wasn't attempting to turn his life around. Addiction is hell.
There's no evidence to support the idea that he was trying to turn his life around. Should we praise him because he'd avoided putting a gun to the belly of pregnant women for awhile?

There's no evidence to support the idea that he was trying to turn his life around. Should we praise him because he'd avoided putting a gun to the belly of pregnant women for awhile?
Sure there is. He was planning on opening up an eatery.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
That's why I added professional.
4 engineers from GT
2 degrees from Cornell. Landscape architecture/City Planning and pre-law.
Law degree from Boston U.
Nursing Degree from UAB.
Accounting/Masters of Accounting - ETSU
Geology - UT - Oak Ridge.
Education - UT and UAB

My point was that intelligent young professionals (the future) find the protests relevant.
It may be a generational thing - most change seems to be.
I’m not sure if I’m impressed or frightened that you know all of their college majors.

It shows someone who thinks that kind of stuff is important 😂
I was trying to think of how often someone’s college major even comes up in conversation for someone who is over 25 years old and not in the middle of an interview. It wouldn’t seem like something natural in most discussions but maybe they were requiring degrees to get into the treehouse club. There’s no telling with Luther.

It shows someone who thinks that kind of stuff is important 😂
Well, Luther makes his livin' off the people's taxes in the educational field. You can't have too many degrees when education is what you do. There is the B.S. degree which stands for Bull Sh!t, the M.S. which stands for More of the Same, and the PhD which stands for Piled higher and Deeper.

I was trying to think of how often someone’s college major even comes up in conversation for someone who is over 25 years old and not in the middle of an interview. It wouldn’t seem like something natural in most discussions but maybe they were requiring degrees to get into the treehouse club. There’s no telling with Luther.
luth suffers from an advanced case of TDS

I lack faith in the system
I’m not sure he’ll get punished.

There are white people going around and washing the feet of members of Black Lives Matter, and bowing down to them and asking for forgiveness. There ain't anyone who will vote to acquit, no matter the charges.

There are white people going around and washing the feet of members of Black Lives Matter, and bowing down to them and asking for forgiveness. There ain't anyone who will vote to acquit, no matter the charges.

OJ Trial in reverse.

No one has said Floyd is a saint. This is just what happens every single time. I was thinking on the day he died that the “but he’s a criminal” posts would start within days, and sure enough
It's sad and pathetic. NOTHING excuses the murder of an unarmed, subdued man by multiple police.

This makes religious people just sad that people think this way, like it justifies ANYTHING. Take a lap, thread.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back