Get Behind Coach Heupel

Mainstream? Seems like there are some players who seem excited. You have shown that you really don’t understand how far we have fallen. This is the absolute worst position we have been in since I became a fan when I was 9 years old.

I clearly see the reality if the situation. Freeze was never considered. Kiffin? Just got an extension. Wasn’t realistic. Franklin said no. Campbell probably wasn’t even interested like Fleck. Do you not see what’s right in front of you???
I understand where we are. I hope we would get lucky with Tier 1 candidate but knew we might have to settle for a Tier 2 candidate. Heupel is Tier 3 at best.

The proof will be in the pudding. He is going to have to earn my respect and trust, and that is not going to be easy.

We will probably be having these same discussions in three years tops.

Reactions: njvols
This is pretty simple. This job is not considered a top job anymore. Part of that is a lot of missteps by leadership, Kiffen burning the place down and no quality leadership since. Plenty of blame to go around. I’m sure the big money donors have a ton of culpability too.

Another serious problem is the entitled and toxic fan culture we love to spew into the world. We are getting back EXACTLY what we are putting out. If the people turning us down for the money we are rumored to have been offering isn’t a wake up call for change then I don’t know what is.

Winning comes with top tier coaching, recruiting and stability. We’ve had none of that for years.

CJH is a successful coach. His offenses have scored a lot of points with 3 and 4 star talent. He lost QBs, had a ton of COVID impact this year.

We wanted an offensive minded coach and a splash hire. We got half of that because none of the “big” names wanted the job.

That’s reality and if you’re going to bash the guy before he ever steps on campus it may be time to start focusing on other sports.

Reactions: njvols
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how Heupel is that much worse than a lot of the names that were being thrown around.

Heupel has some things to get excited about and none of the candidates were a sure thing.

So, let me get this straight. The fans get served 15 years of $hit sandwiches and it's our fault for not liking the $hit sandwich. Got it.

I NEVER said that man. I don't believe that at all. It's 100% admin fault. They have been garbage. I agreed with the Schiano revolt and still do. I am ticked just like everyone else about the downfall of TN. But in this moment in time the fans need to help be a part of the solution. Being toxic against the HC on Twitter/social media doesn't help any of us get what we want. I'm not a blind loyalist here crowning CJH as the savior, just saying let's try to not be a detriment to the bigger goal. He's the HC, let's hope he can succeed and not do things that make his job harder than it already is going to be.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Enough with damn "He took the job when no one wanted it". I'm so sick and tired of people saying that about coaches like it's some hardship. He's getting a massive raise and a P5 job when he was in play for no other major job. Oh the humanity, he's getting paid a lot more and in 3 years will probably get a massive buyout. The poor man!
Exactly. I guarantee you Chadwell wanted the job.

Yes because nobody ever finds how who big schools were targeting. Are you really so dense that if another big school had targeted him we wouldn't be hearing about it right now?

Haha what are you talking about. So Texas shouldn't have hired Sark because nobody else already had? Bama shouldn't have hired Saban because none of the other schools had that year? Who other schools target doesn't matter. I wish we could have gotten a whale too, it's not like they didn't try. Offered Franklin $8M and he said no. Nobody hired/targeted Kiffin, Freeze, Chadwell, Campbell, or Fleck this cycle either.

Last edited:
HOW CAN YOU TREND UP IN WINS FROM 12-1 AT UCF?

lmao. Y'all are wild. But yeah. I'm sure three data points are totally enough.

If he stayed at UCF 5 more years he would have been something like 0-85 in year 8 probably.

Lost his starting QB. Lost 10 players to Covid.

Nah. I'm gonna just the "linear regression" on three damn points.

Let's not pretend that those 10 players were all starters who greatly impacted the team. Even the QB was battling Dillon Gabriel for the starting position, and was in no way the sure starter.
UCFoptouts.png

I’m a vote in support of Coach Heupel. I just hope that DW has discouraged him from saying aight in the press conference.

I’m not sure why I’m aggravated. This is exactly what I said my university would do. That’s why we’re a joke to the rest of the sports world

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I think everyone bitching super hard about this one would have a difficult time explaining how this hire is different than hiring Kiffin.

I can explain the difference.

Heupel is 2-0 in their match-ups as Head Coaches. Kiffin is 0-2.

Personally, I like that difference. Here's hoping he goes 3-0 and steals Jeff Lebby back too.

I understand where we are. I hope we would get lucky with Tier 1 candidate but knew we might have to settle for a Tier 2 candidate. Heupel is Tier 3 at best.

Do you really trust your assessment, more of a projection, over our new AD's enough to get on sites and make pronouncements? He has a pretty good track record of getting the right guy in place. I will sit back and wait for some milestones before I go into providing post mortem analysis. I had hoped we could get some A list guys listen, maybe they did, but when we could not quantify the impact of the NCAA investigations, they could not do a risk/reward analysis and passed.

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
Nah I’m not the sucker that the higher ups at UT think we all are. This is bogus and is a slap in the face to all of us. We just went and shopped in the clearance isle.

I take him just like everybody else before him wait and see. Watch a few games and see what happens. If we lose a non conference game to a weak school like Pruitt did then we will know quickly we might be in trouble again.

VN Store

Back