Get Behind Coach Heupel

I certainly don’t wish the man to fail here. But I am not impressed nor confident. I’m very much in an I’ll believe it when I see it mode. I think he’s equal to Kiffin at best. And yes, I worded this post the way I did on purpose.
How can you be after the last 20 years then our university pulls this.
Expect the worst and wait for it to happen

Excellent points. I think a lot of Kiffin fanboys are seduced by his dark triad personality traits. It is common for people like Kiffin to have that effect on many. Others, frankly, are attracted to Kiffin because of their latent homosexuality. Not judging anyone...
Damn. Kiffin homers just became Kiffin homos.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I stated this in another post. There had to be at least 10 guys out there who were better candidates and I do not believe every one of those guys would have turned us down.

What you believe or refuse to believe is contrary to reality. No disrespect but you are living with your head in the sand.

Yes, I look at this and I say uh-oh. Look at all of the successful D1 coaches. They trend up in wins. This is a poor hire for UT.
HOW CAN YOU TREND UP IN WINS FROM 12-1 AT UCF?

lmao. Y'all are wild. But yeah. I'm sure three data points are totally enough.

If he stayed at UCF 5 more years he would have been something like 0-85 in year 8 probably.

Lost his starting QB. Lost 10 players to Covid.

Nah. I'm gonna just the "linear regression" on three damn points.

Heupel's Stats the last 5 seasons.

2016 (Missouri OC): 500.5 YPG, #13 FBS, #1 SEC

2017 (Missouri OC): 503.2 YPG, #8 FBS, #1 SEC

2018 (UCF HC): 523.5 YPG, #4 FBS

2019 (UCF HC): 541.5 YPG, #2 FBS

2020 (UCF HC): 568.1 YPG, #2 FBS

His offenses have avg +500 yds a game. We can't get 300 yds a game right now.

While Heupel wasn't my 1st choice, the turnaround he did w/ Missouri's offense in just 1 year was pretty astounding. It's been a long time since UT's offense was fun to watch; I think those boring -- and sometimes downright painful -- days are behind us.

Heupel is no stranger to putting up big offensive numbers in the Southeastern Conference. Prior to his successful run at UCF, he served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Missouri from 2016-17.

In 2015, prior to Heupel's arrival, Missouri ranked 124th in the nation in total offense (280.9). In 2016, the Tigers led the SEC and ranked 13th nationally, averaging 500.5 yards per game. In 2017, Mizzou ranked eighth in the nation in total offense, averaging 502.2 yards per game. The Tigers were also 14th in the nation in scoring at 37.5 points per game.

Mizzou quarterback Drew Lock shined under Heupel's tutelage. Lock led the SEC in passing as a sophomore, throwing for 3,399 yards and 23 touchdowns. He followed that with an even stronger junior season in 2017, passing for 3,964 yards and a then-SEC record 44 touchdown tosses.

Josh Heupel Named Tennessee's 27th Head Football Coach - University of Tennessee Athletics

Well I went to bed expecting a Mercedes, and I woke up to a ....

200.gif

Reactions: vol24/7/365
I will get behind him because that is the right thing to do. But no one can tell me I must be excited about it. He will have to earn that.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
What you believe or refuse to believe is contrary to reality. No disrespect but you are living with your head in the sand.
You cannot seriously state that. My viewpoint is not unique, in fact it’s pretty mainstream with this hire. I believe you have your head in the sand or someplace else.’

You cannot seriously state that. My viewpoint is not unique, in fact it’s pretty mainstream with this hire. I believe you have your head in the sand or someplace else.’

Mainstream? Seems like there are some players who seem excited. You have shown that you really don’t understand how far we have fallen. This is the absolute worst position we have been in since I became a fan when I was 9 years old.

I clearly see the reality if the situation. Freeze was never considered. Kiffin? Just got an extension. Wasn’t realistic. Franklin said no. Campbell probably wasn’t even interested like Fleck. Do you not see what’s right in front of you???

For those less than enthused with this hire take this into consideration. CJH wanted this job when most others didn’t. Despite all of the adversity, despite unprecedented hurdles and despite a diminished roster he thought enough of this job to take on such a daunting task. He left a comfortable situation in Orlando to come to Knoxville to build something from the ground up. You can question whether he can get the job done but fact of the matter he is willing to give it a go. If your going to be critical of anyone be critical of those that didn’t have confidence in themselves that they could turn this thing around. Get behind this guy and remember a lack of early success doesn’t fall on him but does on the previous administration and coaching staff. Welcome to Rocky Top CJH!
Welcome aboard coach.

Come on!...He was the only one who said yes to the job...UCF fans are happy we poached him because he was getting in hot water with his declining losses every year....This is just a career move to add on more years before he gets fired and becomes Sabans OC.

This post is pure ignorance. Do some research before blindly posting garbage.

VN Store

Back