Get Behind Coach Heupel

2010 “Get behind coach Dooley” LT fans: "yes please do"

2013 “Get behind coach Jones” Bearcat fans: “yes, please do”

2017 “Get behind coach Pruitt” Alabama fans: "Uh....sure I guess."

2021 “Get Behind Coach Heupel” UCF fans: “yes, please do”

Fyp.

I had optimism with what the new administration was telling us and with what everyone was telling us about White. I will calm down in a couple of days but the biggest issue I have is White brought in his coach. That is an indictment of Whites abilities as an AD IMO.

It sucks right now. You're a good poster and not one of the redundant negavols. I figured this would happen but we'll get over it. Of course it's not a home run but i always felt G5 or up and comer. Someone posted he might "be the coach to get to the coach". That could be very true. I don't expect him here long term but maybe I'll be surprised. As long as he respectably gets us through the next couple years, hopefully with a few surprise wins and overall good/well coached play, we'll be in a MUCH better position to hire a big dog...if we need one. Cheers..GBO

Edit: it is an easy way out. White bring his previous coach. Not a great look but he knew what options he had. Probably not many

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
White is off to a very bad start by bringing in a prior coach out of all the candidates out there. You cannot deny this with a straight face.

If it's a case of he struck out with all the big names and this was his backpocket hire, which it sounds like happened, then I can buy it.

But I'm not going to act like this is some secret awesome hire. This is this the same crap said about the last 3 coaches, which means whoever they trotted out there would be praised. And I get it, as coach he deserves a level of acceptance but too many here take it into immediate hero, "WE GOT THE RIGHT GUY" garbage.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
And Dooley took over that offense with Drew Lock, and did nearly as well.

He's not a terrible hire from an Xs and Os perspective, but he's not done well at recruiting Florida, and 2021 would have been the first season where he had to field a team of his own recruits.
I agree that there is some risk here. But I do expect to see massive improvement in our offensive production because he has an undeniable record of doing that. If he can recruit top 10-15 classes, as Cornbread, the bricklayer, Field Marshall Rommel, the sociopath, and the great pumpkin managed to do, then he has a reasonable chance to be successful. I think at this point that’s about all we can expect to be able to achieve in a coaching search... someone whose ceiling is acceptable if he can get there.

How on Earth do people not understand, any fans that have been here through this contant clown show the last 15years don't have a problem with loyalty? Anyone left is a true UT fan or else they would have been gone a long time ago.

UT is down and out and needs rebuilt in the hardest conference in the nation while having to play Bama, UF, UGA, and another SECw team every year so I would think it would be common sense that the fanbase would be wanting a coach that has been to the SEC as a HC and built a team that was down into a Bama killer. Freeze has done this very thing and was all but begging to come here. Bring Freeze to UT and I'll pay for the hookers if that's your concern. Won't cost you a dime.

So while all of our rivals remain in the top 10 year in and year out at least we can sit at home in our pressed suits and read our Bibles knowing we are little angels.
Agree. If we want to be little saints, then it’s time to join another conference. You must embrace the darkness to roll in the SEC.

Everyone asked for a coach with college HC experience. You got what you asked for. Elliott would have been better, but let's see who he brings in as assistances.

How on Earth do people not understand, any fans that have been here through this contant clown show the last 15years don't have a problem with loyalty? Anyone left is a true UT fan or else they would have been gone a long time ago.

UT is down and out and needs rebuilt in the hardest conference in the nation while having to play Bama, UF, UGA, and another SECw team every year so I would think it would be common sense that the fanbase would be wanting a coach that has been to the SEC as a HC and built a team that was down into a Bama killer. Freeze has done this very thing and was all but begging to come here. Bring Freeze to UT and I'll pay for the hookers if that's your concern. Won't cost you a dime.

So while all of our rivals remain in the top 10 year in and year out at least we can sit at home in our pressed suits and read our Bibles knowing we are little angels.
How many folks here understand how big a deal it is to commit crimes on the company card? That kind of stuff completely kills your career if you're a normal person. You go ahead and use the corporate card for that purpose and see what happens to your career. "These rules are hard and fast, except for this guy!" So dumb.

Then don't get on Twitter and slam it like an idiot. He has won 78% of his games, coached a guy to a Heisman, and puts up top 5-10 offenses almost every single year.

The admin has screwed up in the past but the fans only hurt the program acting like idiots

So, let me get this straight. The fans get served 15 years of $hit sandwiches and it's our fault for not liking the $hit sandwich. Got it.

Got worse every year after Frost's departure. This guy regressed into a promotion? Must be nice to have friends in high places. I'm disgusted. This is the Donnie Tyndall equivalent for football hires. Could've done so much better.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
No. I'm done handing out blind loyalty to coaches.
Then don't bitch until you have something to bitch about. SMDH He has not lost a game here. Give the rest of us a break! Lord I wish someone would create a forum for bitching and whining.

Heupel's Stats the last 5 seasons.

2016 (Missouri OC): 500.5 YPG, #13 FBS, #1 SEC

2017 (Missouri OC): 503.2 YPG, #8 FBS, #1 SEC

2018 (UCF HC): 523.5 YPG, #4 FBS

2019 (UCF HC): 541.5 YPG, #2 FBS

2020 (UCF HC): 568.1 YPG, #2 FBS

His offenses have avg +500 yds a game. We can't get 300 yds a game right now.

If it's a case of he struck out with all the big names and this was his backpocket hire, which it sounds like happened, then I can buy it.

But I'm not going to act like this is some secret awesome hire. This is this the same crap said about the last 3 coaches, which means whoever they trotted out there would be praised. And I get it, as coach he deserves a level of acceptance but too many here take it into immediate hero, "WE GOT THE RIGHT GUY" garbage.
I stated this in another post. There had to be at least 10 guys out there who were better candidates and I do not believe every one of those guys would have turned us down.

I think everyone bitching super hard about this one would have a difficult time explaining how this hire is different than hiring Kiffin.

JH blasted Lane Kiffin two years in a row at FAU with similar talent. The argument for JH is the same as it was with Lane Kiffin. Every game he's lost has been because of defense. Pair him with a defensive staff and we will win. Everyone was all over that plan with Kiffin so what's different now?

Kiffin doesn't look like sloth from the Goonies, and Kiffin has SEC experience as a HC (mostly in losing). What else?

As I said in the RF, the trajectory argument is silly. His starting QB went down in 2019 and he had 10 players opt out this year.

He brought in a new staff in 2019 and went undefeated. So I guess the only way to prove he's tma good coach after that is to go undefeated every single season after that, forever? That's silly.

Some of y'all just need to treat this guy has Lane Kiffin's emotionally stable weird looking uncle and give him a damn chance.
Excellent points. I think a lot of Kiffin fanboys are seduced by his dark triad personality traits. It is common for people like Kiffin to have that effect on many. Others, frankly, are attracted to Kiffin because of their latent homosexuality. Not judging anyone...

VN Store

Back