Get Behind Coach Heupel

Heupel_Welcome.jpg

Might want to take a look at their respective schedules before you try to make that comparison.
That’s valid of course. But he should have better talent to work with ultimately also. His Missouri team in 2017 was 14th nationally in scoring against sec competition (and lit us up), so maybe we can recruit as well or better than mizzou. Fingers crossed.

He couldn’t maintain the program at UCF and I’m almost certain the recruiting is going to tank. It’s a pretty emotional day for many of us. People are just going to have to let us vent today. Expections were higher based on what the Administration and White were telling us last week.

And reality should sink in. We are toxic. You and some others just don’t want to face the facts. Fulmer and Pruitt completely screwed us over HARD.

Reactions: kcvols1
That’s valid of course. But he should have better talent to work with ultimately also. His Missouri team in 2017 was 14th nationally in scoring against sec competition (and lit us up), so maybe we can recruit as well or better than mizzou. Fingers crossed.

And Dooley took over that offense with Drew Lock, and did nearly as well.

He's not a terrible hire from an Xs and Os perspective, but he's not done well at recruiting Florida, and 2021 would have been the first season where he had to field a team of his own recruits.

And reality should sink in. We are toxic. You and some others just don’t want to face the facts. Fulmer and Pruitt completely screwed us over HARD.
I had optimism with what the new administration was telling us and with what everyone was telling us about White. I will calm down in a couple of days but the biggest issue I have is White brought in his coach. That is an indictment of Whites abilities as an AD IMO.

He's not a terrible hire from an Xs and Os perspective, but he's not done well at recruiting Florida, and 2021 would have been the first season where he had to field a team of his own recruits.
When Frost was recruiting at UCF, Florida and Florida State both stunk. Now, UF has Mullen, who is a guy to take seriously...from a recruiting perspective. That could be why Heupel struggled in-state more than Frost?

I'm trying...

Its not about being loyal to a coach. Just be loyal to the University of Tennessee. At least give the guy a chance. Looks like he is here weather people like it or not. The players and team need our support.
Not sure if you've been around here a lot but a huge number of people on this board are fans of Freeze first, and Tennessee maybe second. So much enthusiasm on here for spending fans' money on prostitutes.

I hope it comes out all the candidates we offered and the money involved then I will adjust my opinions on this hire. There are at least 10 coaches we should have thrown money at before we settled on Heupel. I don’t believe 10 coaches turned us down.

Still with the same debunked talking point from 1 am.

Be honest, you were going to pout and whine no matter who the hire.

One thing is for sure, it will be fun to watch our offense again. I’m not sure how much we win but we will score. And our QB’s will actually improve each season

VN Store

Back