Get Behind Coach Heupel

He couldn’t maintain the program at UCF and I’m almost certain the recruiting is going to tank. It’s a pretty emotional day for many of us. People are just going to have to let us vent today. Expections were higher based on what the Administration and White were telling us last week.

White only promised a sitting head coach with no integrity issues.

Reactions: kcvols1
DW must’ve had the UCF fanbase trained very well. They don’t like the timing, but they’re being very positive about Heupel leaving!

Heupel to UT

Still with the same debunked talking point from 1 am.

Be honest, you were going to pout and whine no matter who the hire.

Missouri with Heupel and Lock: 37.5 PPG 2017
Missouri with Dooley and Lock: 36.6 PPG 2018

It's ok, you can be good at art instead of math.

I feel bad for him. I wonder if the office on campus still smells like Pruitt?

He sucks. Had fans from literally everywhere he has been laughing at the hire. We are officially worse than Vanderbilt.

2010 “Get behind coach Dooley”

2013 “Get behind coach Jones” Bearcat fans: “yes, please do”

2017 “Get behind coach Pruitt”

2021 “Get Behind Coach Heupel” UCF fans: “yes, please do”

Reactions: vol24/7/365
White only promised a sitting head coach with no integrity issues.
Plowman stated a P5 HC. Regardless for White to bring in Heupel is lazy. If was going bring in one of his prior coaches it should of been the Buffalo coach. It’s a bad look for White and an additional bad hit for UT.

Plowman stated a P5 HC. Regardless for White to bring in Heupel is lazy. If was going bring in one of his prior coaches it should of been the Buffalo coach. It’s a bad look for White and an additional bad hit for UT.

I guess White just doesn't have your insight and experience on hiring his past coaches. :rolleyes:

At least the AD and HC have a history and good working relationship. Continuity goes a long way. May be the start of something special. May be another failed experiment but either way go VOLS!

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Haha. Youve seen the publicly published lists of each AD search? Please forward those my way, I am curious. Well I guess we should have called Harsin then right. Maybe we should call Sark. Since the collective genius like you only want to hire whoever the other schools hired.

Yes because nobody ever finds how who big schools were targeting. Are you really so dense that if another big school had targeted him we wouldn't be hearing about it right now?

Tbh, I have no clue who he is. I really don't pay attention to what goes on outside of Tennessee sports. I will of course give him a chance, but he's got to prove he can get things done here before I really "get behind" him. Just tired of being let down in the end. So, until he proves he can do good things here I'm just in a wait-and-see mode.

Not sure if you've been around here a lot but a huge number of people on this board are fans of Freeze first, and Tennessee maybe second. So much enthusiasm on here for spending fans' money on prostitutes.

How on Earth do people not understand, any fans that have been here through this contant clown show the last 15years don't have a problem with loyalty? Anyone left is a true UT fan or else they would have been gone a long time ago.

UT is down and out and needs rebuilt in the hardest conference in the nation while having to play Bama, UF, UGA, and another SECw team every year so I would think it would be common sense that the fanbase would be wanting a coach that has been to the SEC as a HC and built a team that was down into a Bama killer. Freeze has done this very thing and was all but begging to come here. Bring Freeze to UT and I'll pay for the hookers if that's your concern. Won't cost you a dime.

So while all of our rivals remain in the top 10 year in and year out at least we can sit at home in our pressed suits and read our Bibles knowing we are little angels.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley

It’s not a homerun hire and I will not give him blind loyalty, but at least it’s not Elliott or Dykes for another google coordinator.

I think everyone bitching super hard about this one would have a difficult time explaining how this hire is different than hiring Kiffin.

JH blasted Lane Kiffin two years in a row at FAU with similar talent. The argument for JH is the same as it was with Lane Kiffin. Every game he's lost has been because of defense. Pair him with a defensive staff and we will win. Everyone was all over that plan with Kiffin so what's different now?

Kiffin doesn't look like sloth from the Goonies, and Kiffin has SEC experience as a HC (mostly in losing). What else?

As I said in the RF, the trajectory argument is silly. His starting QB went down in 2019 and he had 10 players opt out this year.

He brought in a new staff in 2019 and went undefeated. So I guess the only way to prove he's tma good coach after that is to go undefeated every single season after that, forever? That's silly.

Some of y'all just need to treat this guy has Lane Kiffin's emotionally stable weird looking uncle and give him a damn chance.
Recruiting, no way he will recruit as well as Kiffin would have

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back