Harry Reid Dead At 82

Elucidate now. I haven't accused you of anything. All I'm saying is that i don't prefer to talk ill of the dead and that media figures make themselves public. You may think politicians are worse because they vote on things, but media figures are still public figures who try to influence votes.
You have successfully summarized a poster's opinion. Unfortunately, it is your own.

What is my opinion on the subject?

Absolutely. You really should go to the thread which marked Rush Limbaugh's passing, and read what I posted when you get there, while keeping in mind that I was obviously no fan of his. It was in February, so it probably is several pages back, but I'll wait.

PLEASE DO IT!

Some of you look very small with these tasteless posts.

"If you can't say something nice, sometimes it's better to say nothing at all." - Every mother in America in the 70's and 80's
I read through the first few pages a few minutes ago.
You were gracious and mature. LG was, too.

You have successfully summarized a poster's opinion. Unfortunately, it is your own.

What is my opinion on the subject?
It seems to be that media figures are shielded from criticism upon death because they don't actually vote on things. Just because I don't agree with your opinion, doesnt mean I don't understand what it is.

You're the one defending trashing dead politicians because they disagreed with you.

Don’t want to get publicly trash talked after you die by those who disagree with your public stances, then don’t chose to live your life on a stage.
Everyone who has made that choice knows it will likely happen after their death. It sure seems like they didn’t care about it or they’d have chosen a different life path.

It seems to be that media figures are shielded from criticism upon death because they don't actually vote on things. Just because I don't agree with your opinion, doesnt mean I don't understand what it is.
You don't understand. Your summary is incomplete.
I find it weird (to me) that I think (me, again) it's more tasteless to deride in death a media personality or entertainer than I do a politician.
I do not care if anyone wants to bash either, especially a politician. In fact, I think it is good to post our true feelings about it and not hide behind platitudes.

Don’t want to get publicly trash talked after you die by those who disagree with your public stances, then don’t chose to live your life on a stage.
Everyone who has made that choice knows it will likely happen after their death. It sure seems like they didn’t care about it or they’d have chosen a different life path.

I never asked for you to have any class.

No he doesn't. You just need to understand I don't have to agree.
I understand completely and have since you started this meandering diatribe. All I can recommend is you take a little input from Mcdaddio’s post below. We don’t have to agree we are each entitled to our own opinions and views.
I'm at peace with you disagreeing.

I understand completely and have since you started this meandering diatribe. All I can recommend is you take a little input from Mcdaddio’s post below. We don’t have to agree we are each entitled to our own opinions and views.
Same here. "I can't believe you're disagreeing with me on a message board."

iu
Proud of yourself for this? Do you feel like one of the cool kids now? LOL.

Reid’s longtime chief of staff died in (lets just say) strange car crash about a month ago.

Reid was willing to progress dirty politics, go where we had previously been not willing to go. In my industry, he put a political tool I'm as chairman of the NRC, who them used his position to bully the closure of Yucca and later advocated for the banning of nuclear power. Prior to that, the NRC was a standard bearer for regulation, and he made it another political agency. He bungled our public response to Fukushima.

VN Store

Back