Harry Reid Dead At 82

I mean, you're not wrong, but you also readily buy into the division yourself.
That, I do not deny. I have had enough of being called a racist, homophobe, un'vaxxed', whatever... when none of those are true. (except the un'vaxxed' thingy) It makes me more sick that I feel the need to defend my positions to a bunch of top bun wearing cucks. The left thrives on division. So let's throwdown. (And I am not referring to you. I respect you even though you and I have had our spats... I am referring to the leftists in general)

Spent some time reading the RIP RGB thread this morning. There are 145 pages in the thread. I read through the first 11. We had some people expressing sincere feelings; some positive, some negative. The conversation was turned political early on because of the timing of the next presidential election. Ironically, it was the Dems who started the political angles. Hard to follow the continuity because so many of the tweets have now disappeared, though.

VN has some statesmen and stateswomen posting who follow the rule of not speaking ill of the dead.

Don't you want to go cry about the vaccine?
LOL No... the worm is turning Chief. It is starting to be fun watching corporate America wake up and realize that they are being locked down for a freaking head cold at this point.

I think you can be critical of the dead. It's a message board, and public and powerful figures should be assessed for whether they were a positive or negative force. But there's thoughtful critical and just crass.

I think you can be critical of the dead. It's a message board, and public and powerful figures should be assessed for whether they were a positive or negative force. But there's thoughtful critical and just crass.
Agreed.

I don't think there is ever anything wrong with being critical of the dead, even when that involves someone who has recently departed. Celebratory comments are usually avoided in the thread which marked that person's passing, however. When dancing on a fresh grave becomes prevalent, as it has in this thread, it reflects poorly on the forum itself. I'm not offended by it, but it is tacky.

* Of course, there are exceptions to everything, such as the night Osama bin Laden was taken out.

Agreed.

I don't think there is ever anything wrong with being critical of the dead, even when that involves someone who has recently departed. Celebratory comments are usually avoided in the thread which marked that person's passing, however. When dancing on a fresh grave becomes prevalent, as it has in this thread, it reflects poorly on the forum itself. I'm not offended by it, but it is tacky.

* Of course, there are exceptions to everything, such as the night Osama bin Laden was taken out.
An interesting asterisk. A good one, too.
At some point, there are leaders who are worthy of condemnation in death.

I wonder what his excuse was when he stood before God to explain why supported the killing of hundreds of thousands and babies.

I'd ask what its excuse was for allowing Ewing's sarcoma, acute lymphocytic leukemia, neuroblastomas, Wilms tumors, Lymphomas, Rhabdomyosarcomas or retinoblastomas in children.

I'd ask what its excuse was for allowing Ewing's sarcoma, acute lymphocytic leukemia, neuroblastomas, Wilms tumors, Lymphomas, Rhabdomyosarcomas or retinoblastomas in children.

Romans Chapter 9 covers that. But you don’t want the answer.

Different debate for a different time I suppose.

This don’t speak ill of the dead thing is ridiculous.

If someone was a POS in life they are still a POS six feet under.

Let’s not sugar coat how much Reid had a part in the Senate rules being changed under him and how things are much more F’d now because of him. Once the gloves come off it’s hard to put them back on and the way he handled “filling the tree” changed the game forever.

Dude was a total POS. If saying that means I am not classy then I guess saying Andrew Jackson was a total POS for the Indian Removal Act is not classy either.

To sum up, a living POS is still a POS once dead.

This don’t speak ill of the dead thing is ridiculous.

If someone was a POS in life they are still a POS six feet under.

Let’s not sugar coat how much Reid had a part in the Senate rules being changed under him and how things are much more F’d now because of him. Once the gloves come off it’s hard to put them back on and the way he handled “filling the tree” changed the game forever.

Dude was a total POS. If saying that means I am not classy then I guess saying Andrew Jackson was a total POS for the Indian Removal Act is not classy either.

To sum up, a living POS is still a POS once dead.

Not to mention the racist things he said about Obama.

No one speaks ill of the King Democrat! The Democrat Deity himself Barack Obama. No one!

What did he do? Cut his own brake lines before driving in the mountains and shooting himself twice in the back of the head?

Crashed his brand new Porshe in a single car wreck with no witnesses and no mechanical defects found. This was a guy that had been driving high performance cars on and off the track for years, helicopter pilot and former AG of the NV NG.

Bob Herbert remembered as ‘patriarch of the Guard in Nevada’

Retired 2-Star General, longtime Nevada Guard advocate Maj. Gen. Robert T. Herbert dies

One day you'll be free to ask him yourself. I'm sure you'll be as bold then as you are now.

Reactions: Caculator

VN Store

Back