Hochevar to start for Royals

good job of changing the topic.

all along I've said he's not done enough one or the other. you said he's underachieving.

You are still avoiding the big question.

no... you showed people who rank people above him and one guy who thinks since his numbers got worse against better talent he's a dud. Good line of reasoning there.

no... you showed people who rank people above him and one guy who thinks since his numbers got worse against better talent he's a dud. Good line of reasoning there.

shouldn't he be ranked higher since he was the #1 draft pick only 2 years ago.

shouldn't he be ranked higher since he was the #1 draft pick only 2 years ago.

no. he's a pitcher and very few players come up through the ranks like that. It's a work in progress thing with baseball. That's what you are totally missing.

No one on here said he will be the next superstar. We're just saying you can't say he's not done anything yet. and you still have yet to prove otherwise.

congrats... some message board dummy that also expected rick ankiel to bomb this year picks against Hochevar. Obviously the scouts are all wrong and the GURU Travis Burten knows all.

no. he's a pitcher and very few players come up through the ranks like that. It's a work in progress thing with baseball. That's what you are totally missing.

No one on here said he will be the next superstar. We're just saying you can't say he's not done anything yet. and you still have yet to prove otherwise.

Jarrod Parker is ranked higher and he's in Single A. David Price is ranked higher too. Just look at other pitching prospects in Hochevar's class, Lincecum is doing pretty well and Andrew Miller has been up longer than Luke and Morrow has been doing good, hell Kershaw is going to be damn good pitcher too. If your the #1 pick shouldn't you be keeping up or doing better than lower draft picks?

congrats... some message board dummy that also expected rick ankiel to bomb this year picks against Hochevar. Obviously the scouts are all wrong and the GURU Travis Burten knows all.

he's on a message board, just like us, so what makes you credible?

he's on a message board, just like us, so what makes you credible?
I don't think he's the one who needs to prove credibility here. You are in here asserting that a guy 2 years removed from getting drafted that is now pitching in the Majors is a bust. We're at least a couple of years away from even contemplating something like that.

Jarrod Parker is ranked higher and he's in Single A. David Price is ranked higher too. Just look at other pitching prospects in Hochevar's class, Lincecum is doing pretty well and Andrew Miller has been up longer than Luke and Morrow has been doing good, hell Kershaw is going to be damn good pitcher too. If your the #1 pick shouldn't you be keeping up or doing better than lower draft picks?

and that's what i'm trying to tell you, picking draft players is a total crapshoot. Ian Kennedy is showing signs that he was brought up too early and perhaps the Royals wanted to make sure they didn't make the same mistake they have made over and over and over.

Also you said you were going to show me 75% of people that knew something about minor league baseball. I'm still waiting. People so credible they have to make their own website to get their opinions out and some goof off a message board are nowhere near as credible as an official major league scout or GM.

I don't think he's the one who needs to prove credibility here. You are in here asserting that a guy 2 years removed from getting drafted that is now pitching in the Majors is a bust We're at least a couple of years away from even contemplating something like that.

I haven't called him a bust. I swear some people just don't read.

and that's what i'm trying to tell you, picking draft players is a total crapshoot. Ian Kennedy is showing signs that he was brought up too early and perhaps the Royals wanted to make sure they didn't make the same mistake they have made over and over and over.

Also you said you were going to show me 75% of people that knew something about minor league baseball. I'm still waiting. People so credible they have to make their own website to get their opinions out and some goof off a message board are nowhere near as credible as an official major league scout or GM.

And how often do scouts and GMs make the wrong choice?

I haven't called him a bust. I swear some people just don't read.
You basically called him a "future bust" and an underachiever - which is a little tough to justify for a guy that has gone from pitching in college to MLB in 2 years.

he has underachieved so far and his milb numbers will back up my statement.

and again, you're solely using stats. He lit it up this spring and almost won the job out of spring training. Scouts and GMs can't go by stats alone for a minor league pitcher.

if he's getting lit up in the minors, then what do you think is going to happen once he's in the majors?

if he's getting lit up in the minors, then what do you think is going to happen once he's in the majors?

He's not the first guy to give up a few runs in the PCL. I'm sure he wouldn't be in MLB if they didn't think he was ready.

VN Store

Back