How Do We Score 50 at Oregon?

Vol fan living in Washington. Heading to he Duck Pond Friday. It will be closer than we think. May not be enough to win but I believe CBJ will game plan something for them. I am feeling like Florida is looking very good for us. Florida may be the game that puts back in the mix. Taking it to Oregon in a close one and beating Florida. That is my predicition for the next 2 weeks. Go Vols

Reactions: 3 people
A simple way to win...

Butch Jones needs to go to Mordor, climb mount doom, forge a ring deep in inside the mountain.

Give said ring to a player of his choosing.

We win...it's that easy.

Reactions: 1 person
Why don't I think UT will win? Because Oregon is the better team and we're playing at their place. I don't think we can/will score enough because I don't think our D will be able to stop them.

That's not a good enough reason! Do you believe in upsets any given Saturday?

Yes. 2013 Tennessee, not 1990s Tennessee.

I know :sad:
You're right. However, Oregon stands to lose a lot more than UT so the pressure is still on them. No one expects UT to do anything. Oregon has earned that respect. Underdog card will be used to full effect.

That's not a good enough reason! Do you believe in upsets any given Saturday?

A) Yes it is.

B) There's nothing to "believe" in; an upset either happens or it doesn't. Whether it happens for UT Saturday or not has nothing to do with what I believe.

And yes, obviously they happen. But just because they happen doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to act like UT has a good chance to win. That's apples and oranges.

A) Yes it is.

B) There's nothing to "believe" in; an upset either happens or it doesn't. Whether it happens for UT Saturday or not has nothing to do with what I believe.

And yes, obviously they happen. But just because they happen doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to act like UT has a good chance to win. That's apples and oranges.

Ok I see you're not the brightest bulb on here.

Reactions: 3 people
I will be watching regardless. We have a huge challenge in front of us. I am anxious to see how Coach Jones gets these guys ready and how they respond. It will tell us a lot about the future, win or lose.

It will tell a lot about the future of this season only.

The O cannot come out playing like they did today. They have to start like they did in the second half. Worley only played two quarters last week, should have played more. The D needs to settle in and not blow assignments, they had moments of greatness but also neglect ie. Stopping #5 Anderson which they did not do. D list much improved from last year but in need of depth. I think they will be more ready for Oregon then they were for wk. I will be surprised if we don't give them a game. This is going to be one heck of a game!!!!" GBO

We won't score 50 but pound the rock and force a few turnovers and we can possibly give them one helluva game.

That trip to the west coast is supposedly a ***** for pros so I can't imagine it will be just fantastic for our guys either, also playing in that hole in the ground that is louder than hell with a bunch of stoner beatniks.

:) Stoner beatniks. Pretty good description, I must admit.

let's see...17 field goals would give us 51 pts...or, 7 TD's with 6 PAT's and one 2 point conversion would give us 50. That's how we get 50 points on Oregon. Not feeling either one, but I think we give a good showing at least. Moral victory yeah!!!!

It could be the pain medication from my ACL surgery Wednesday or a bit of common sense but the Oregon game will not be close and the only way Tennessee scores 50 is if Oregon leads 63-0 at the Half (which is a possibility) and the Ducks first and second team defense spend the second half at one of the local drinking establishments.

Win TOP by successful running the ball.
The longer we can keep the Ducks offense off the field plus successful move the ball and score tds the better chance we have of winning.

TOP is not very important vs Oregon, who very frequently loses in that metric. Winning it is a necessary, but far from sufficient, condition.

VN Store

Back