hunter being hunter

I bet you were screaming insults at Meachem when he lucked into those 2 looong TDs in the 06' Cal game too.:)

I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't protect himself. If he needs to drop down, that's fine. He just shouldn't turn around and run the opposite way of the the goal line. This is just another reflection on the coaching staff from last year. They should have benched him after the second time it happened to make him understand. It's the result of bad coaching.

That being said, he'll get it corrected and will turn out to be an excellent receiver for the Titans.

Reactions: 3 people
For some reason there seems like there's been some kind of curse against the Titans using former Vol wr's. Hoping Justin breaks that trend.

There's been a general curse regarding the titans and receivers period, especially 2nd round ones

Reactions: 1 person
Justin is still trying HS stuff like he did at UT. He needs to grow up and realize he isn't all that great compared to the talent around him in the NFL. The coaching staff and teammates will "help" him to understand. He needs to get lit up by some guys in the secondary of a couple of opponents a few times and he will change his ways.

There are also articles about his teammates (Pollard) picking on him, and questioning his toughness. And articles on passes bouncing off his chest. That never happened last year. <eye roll>

And there's also this, which was posted in the titans thread. Drops seem to have been an issue in practice:

@jwyattsports: Rookie Justin Hunter with a bad drop that even Vol fans in the crowd frowned on #Titans

@jwyattsports: Hunter with another drop #Titans

This was in a 5 minute span.

Y'all are hilarious - Hunter was never the problem here and never "Killed our chances" in any game last year or any year. The worst defense in school history did that. Y'all should lay off of him, but I know y'all won't.

Why is it that these types of threads happen on former Vols all the time?

Thread is proof that some fans are absolutely pathetic.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

???

Hope I'm not outta line for questioning a mod, but who exactly. I have enjoyed both sides of the argument. Hard to argue Hunter didn't make boneheaded moves to end plays last yr. But impossible for me to argue that he doesn't have NFL skills. I truley believe b4 he is done he will have one of the best sets of hands in the league. Once he quits trying to be CP after the catch, and uses the KISS method, he very well might be a pro bowl WR.

Sorry if I added to the thread of the pathetic

Y'all are hilarious - Hunter was never the problem here and never "Killed our chances" in any game last year or any year. The worst defense in school history did that. Y'all should lay off of him, but I know y'all won't.

Why is it that these types of threads happen on former Vols all the time?

And these are the same posters who claim that posting anything negative about CURRENT players or coaches hurts recruiting.

Hunter was a role model of what Tennessee players should be. Good student, good player and good attitude. We have to be the worst fan base in the country for this kind of stuff.

And no one player ever costs his team the game.

Did Z. Rogers cost us the game at Mizoo, CP at Georgia, Hunter at Miss. St?

It's a team effort.

UPDATE: This is Sarcasm!
Randolph cost us the FL game. Bray/Tiny cost us the USCe game. And uhhhhh Palardy cost us the AL game... no doubt it was his fault.

UPDATE: This was Sarcasm!

It's preseason, maybe they don't want him to get hurt. Have you seen how many players in NFL are already lost for the season?

He is a greenhorn in the NFL; the learning curve starts anew.

Last edited:
False. He caught the pass for a 1st down and immediately ran backwards, turned around and got tackled. On 3rd down. Caused them to punt. He killed us numerous times last year doing that ignorant crap. If anybody thinks that will be acceptable in the NFL, they're ignorant.

His position coach was Derek Dooley. What more needs to be said? He's the innovator of the 1 step forward, 2 steps back approach to losing.

Ok Pope John tard, anyway how did he kill us, he was our leading receiver, without him we would of went 4-8 at best. You should be thanking him.

So, according to your logic, he has a WAR (wins above replacement) value of +1 since Tennessee only went 5-7 last year. I really wouldn't call that being a difference maker.

Randolph cost us the FL game. Bray/Tiny cost us the USCe game. And uhhhhh Palardy cost us the AL game... no doubt it was his fault.

It's preseason, maybe they don't want him to get hurt. Have you seen how many players in NFL are already lost for the season?

He is a greenhorn in the NFL; the learning curve starts anew.

You never lose a game on just one play.....for instance, you are blaming Tiny and Bray for the USC loss. What about all the plays on the defensive side of the ball that allowed USC to score with our offense and keep it close enough to be a final drive type of game? Need to grow up and stop putting the weight of a game on one or two players.

He made a mistake, a correctable mistake in his first preseason game in his rookie season. If you watch a decent amount of football, you will see that what he did is pretty common among young receivers.

OP, you realize you are basing this off of one catch that was for 4 yards. Can't really say "hunter is playing like the scared hunter" from one catch in the very first preseason game and it's his first NFL catch. Cut him some slack he is a rookie, not a Pro Bowler just yet.

You never lose a game on just one play.....for instance, you are blaming Tiny and Bray for the USC loss. What about all the plays on the defensive side of the ball that allowed USC to score with our offense and keep it close enough to be a final drive type of game? Need to grow up and stop putting the weight of a game on one or two players.

Usually that is correct. Bray and Da'Rick absolutely cost us the Kentucky game 2 years ago.

He's gonna get hurt again. He looked scrawny compared to the other WR's.

Usually that is correct. Bray and Da'Rick absolutely cost us the Kentucky game 2 years ago.

Our D couldn't keep a wr playing qb out of the endzone......there's always plenty of blame to go around. That's what makes football so great - its a true team sport in the truest sense of the word.

Is this a Titans board? Congratulations on a Vol making an NFL team. Good for UT and good for Hunter

Reactions: 2 people
Our D couldn't keep a wr playing qb out of the endzone......there's always plenty of blame to go around. That's what makes football so great - its a true team sport in the truest sense of the word.

That D gave up 10 points. How can you blame the D at all for that loss? Even the arguably greatest UT defense gave up 21 to the Cats in 1998.

VN Store

Back