hunter being hunter

That D gave up 10 points. How can you blame the D at all for that loss? Even the arguably greatest UT defense gave up 21 to the Cats in 1998.

And our D was gassed because the offense couldn't sustain a drive. There's a reason the seniors had a talking to Da'Rick and told the press about Bray's comments about not wanting to go to a bowl. They threw that game.

Reactions: 1 person
That D gave up 10 points. How can you blame the D at all for that loss? Even the arguably greatest UT defense gave up 21 to the Cats in 1998.

because he's just parroting the "WR playing QB" line so many other uneducated posters use

You never lose a game on just one play.....for instance, you are blaming Tiny and Bray for the USC loss. What about all the plays on the defensive side of the ball that allowed USC to score with our offense and keep it close enough to be a final drive type of game? Need to grow up and stop putting the weight of a game on one or two players.

Sorry, I should have put a sarcasm label before and after my comments. You don't really think Palardy was the reason we lost to Bama last year do you?

Seems to me like they want him to get down and play it safe. There is an article on ESPN about the coaches saying he needed to not try and extend the play after every catch.

Yet his problem in college last year was falling on the ground after the catch? I'm confused.

Btw, I thought he was overrated after his injury. Don't mean to disrespect the guy, I'm talking about him being ranked so high by experts.

Yet his problem in college last year was falling on the ground after the catch? I'm confused.

Btw, I thought he was overrated after his injury. Don't mean to disrespect the guy, I'm talking about him being ranked so high by experts.

I guess we will find out in about 8-12 games.

Sorry, I should have put a sarcasm label before and after my comments. You don't really think Palardy was the reason we lost to Bama last year do you?

No, but plenty of people think games are won or lost on one play or one player as evidenced by some of the replies on this thread.

Reactions: 2 people
The titans need not worry about j hunter hes going to be ok, the problem is at qb..... Jake locker is scared to throw the ball down the field.

Reactions: 1 person
the loss had zero to do with UK's offense. They had an opening drive and 150yds total after that.

Alot of things went into that loss and that as precisely the point I was making to the poster who said it was on Bray and Darick. Surely you agree that single plays or players are not solely responsible for losses or wins for that matter.

Alot of things went into that loss and that as precisely the point I was making to the poster who said it was on Bray and Darick. Surely you agree that single plays or players are not solely responsible for losses or wins for that matter.

I have no issue putting that loss on Bray

as the top WR in the draft until late, or maybe he stuck with that rating until the draft. I too thought that was a reach: Hunter has nice physical skills--but he's soft. I think he was at the top partly because it was a very weak draft for wideouts.

I'm only one people, but I say how many QB's in college last season had 2 of their receivers selected in the first 34 picks of the draft, his tight end selected in the 6th round, and his other receiver still on an NFL roster? While none of UT's players were perfect last season, the receivers were pretty dang good. If he wasn't throwing to the most tallented group of receivers in college football last season, then it had to be top 3. What would Bray have looked like throwing to a pedistrian group of receivers? Wish Worley had that group back to catch his throws.

And the only truly reliable ones were the.slot WR and the TE

He was never as good as his freshmen year. Hopefully he can return to that form.

He was a beast his sophomore year before he got hurt against Florida. He has the tools to be a monster. Sometimes it takes guys a little while to recover after an injury like that. He's no Cordarrelle. But he could be solid in the NFL. Like Meachem.

I thought he was drafted a little high though.

And no one player ever costs his team the game.

Did Z. Rogers cost us the game at Mizoo, CP at Georgia, Hunter at Miss. St?

It's a team effort.

Mizzou wasn't a team effort, that was a "Derek Dooley is a complete putz" effort. 30 seconds on the clock, two timeouts, on our own 40 yard line with two all-conference receivers and a QB with a million dollar arm and we freaking kneel and go to OT.

Reactions: 4 people
It won't be acceptable in the NFL.

I love Hunter. He's a great kid and I wish him well, but I would not say he has great hands. He had great hands before he got hurt.

He never had great or good hands, he cost us a couple of games with them hands.:eek:hmy:

VN Store

Back