Hurd likely out for season....is this a good thing for Vols?

Time to make a serious move for Fournette. Hurd, as I predicted, is not a natural running back. He's too skinny in the upper body. Let's keep Hurd but try to get a natural RB. This isn't good.

Go kick yourself in the nuts.

Some guys are just prone to injury. He runs upright which opens him up to all kinds of problems. We need to get another RB to back him up because I have a feeling Hurd is gonna be one of those guys who is always tweeking something.

He's also 6'4", so 230 isn't that heavy. He has very little upper body strength, based on what I saw last weekend. Time to go after Fournette hard!!!

Not sure if serious... But if you are your an idiot. The dude tore his shoulder in a fall that would have injured every other person on the Earth. That's neither injury prone, nor terrible upper body strength. That is a fallacy. The next drive or so, he used his "bad upper body" WITH torn shoulder to bulldoze 4 players, including Malone, for a punishing 10-15 yard touchdown.

Not sure if serious... But if you are your an idiot. The dude tore his shoulder in a fall that would have injured every other person on the Earth. That's neither injury prone, nor terrible upper body strength. That is a fallacy. The next drive or so, he used his "bad upper body" WITH torn shoulder to bulldoze 4 players, including Malone, for a punishing 10-15 yard touchdown.

You embellish a bit. I saw that run. There was ZERO defense in that game. Give me a break. Hurd is good but we need to get another back in this class.

He also got hurt in the first quarter for a few plays. He fell the wrong way. I'm just being objective. He runs upright and falls HARD. We need an insurance plan.

Your hero goes down and that's all you can come up with? I told everybody on this site that we need to go after more running backs.

I couldn't pick Hurd out of a lineup and I think recruiting talk is mostly reserved for a bunch of wannabes that don't know jack. I do know, however, that calling a high school kid injury prone for an awkward landing and then reaching for e-cred by saying "I told you so" is a special kind of lame.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel for the young man you know he really wanted to play his senior season in high school but things happen for a reason I know he's going to rehab hard and come to UT as a beast because he is a winner and team player. GO VOLS

Time to make a serious move for Fournette. Hurd, as I predicted, is not a natural running back. He's too skinny in the upper body. Let's keep Hurd but try to get a natural RB. This isn't good.

Seriously?

5431 Rushing Yards
9.25 YPC
139.3 Rush Yards Per Game
68 Rush TD's
75 Total TD's

Again, Seriously?

I think I deserve some credit on this website. Most of what I have posted, albeit controversial, has rung true. I predicted that Hurd was too tall and lanky for the running back position, and that his running style is too "upright." So when he gets injured, everyone jumps all over me. I've been watching football for many years. I've seen players come and go, and I'm pretty good at predicting probable outcomes. I like Hurd as a safety or linebacker. I DO NOT like him at running back at the college level, especially in the SEC. A shorter, more compact running back would NOT have sustained this injury. He also got injured in the first quarter, but nobody wants to talk about this.

And................he's out for the season. Your point?

Doesn't mean he can't give us 4 full seasons here! Did you happen to catch the ESPN2 game the other day? See the hit's he was laying on D? He won't be asked to do that here. I'm not surprised he's injured after that game. Station Camp gave them all they could handle. That's my point.

Man some of you people are crazy I think he looks awesome at RB. I remember not so long ago a RB by the name of Mcfadden at Arakansas built very much like hurd and ran the ball strait up and all he did was run all over SEC defences and was in the running for the heisman we are very lucky to have a big time RB like hurd comin in he could very easily go some where else I think we will do great with him and Paulk coming in. GO VOLS

I think I deserve some credit on this website. Most of what I have posted, albeit controversial, has rung true. I predicted that Hurd was too tall and lanky for the running back position, and that his running style is too "upright." So when he gets injured, everyone jumps all over me. I've been watching football for many years. I've seen players come and go, and I'm pretty good at predicting probable outcomes. I like Hurd as a safety or linebacker. I DO NOT like him at running back at the college level, especially in the SEC. A shorter, more compact running back would NOT have sustained this injury. He also got injured in the first quarter, but nobody wants to talk about this.
Yeah . . . No.

You're still some lame ass watching kids on YouTube and pretending to be Mel Kiper.

I couldn't pick Hurd out of a lineup and I think recruiting talk is mostly reserved for a bunch of wannabes that don't know jack. I do know, however, that calling a high school kid injury prone for an awkward landing and then reaching for e-cred by saying "I told you so" is a special kind of lame.

This times a million.

Your hero goes down and that's all you can come up with? I told everybody on this site that we need to go after more running backs.

You are either trolling or simply don't know what you are talking about. Either way you are doing nothing but making yourself look like an idiot. He runs like most of the elite larger backs and has perfect body lean when contact arrives - he drives tacklers and piles forward. I have seen people who ran too upright and he glides with great vision in the open field like the great ones.

We need a few more heroes like this.

You sir will end up eating these words.

Reactions: 2 people
You are either trolling or simply don't know what you are talking about. Either way you are doing nothing but making yourself look like an idiot. He runs like most of the elite larger backs and has perfect body lean when contact arrives - he drives tacklers and piles forward. I have seen people who ran too upright and he glides with great vision in the open field like the great ones.

We need a few more heroes like this.

We need healthy heroes. An injured Jalen Hurd does us no good if we don't have a replacement. I watched that game last weekend. He's a great athlete, but if you think Station Camp is a tough defense, wait until he plays teams in the SEC. He will eventually play safety or linebacker. Why does everyone get upset at that idea?

We need healthy heroes. An injured Jalen Hurd does us no good if we don't have a replacement. I watched that game last weekend. He's a great athlete, but if you think Station Camp is a tough defense, wait until he plays teams in the SEC. He will eventually play safety or linebacker. Why does everyone get upset at that idea?

You would have had Peyton Manning at tight end because he didn't have enough arm strength.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back