If Ferguson or Dobbs are half as good as Eric Ainge was

I agree lets go ahead and play Dobbs or Ferguson and take our lumps now. Because I don't think were going to be real competitive this yr anyways. And have one of them ready to go next yr with the experience from this yr. What does everybody else think? Would love to hear some opinions. GO VOLS!

ok Coach, head in and tell Tiny, Stone, James, bullard and the other seniors that have put so much into this program. That we are gonna switch to the QB that doesn't give us the best chance to win. So we can build for later.

It's amazing that We have scored 97 points in 2 games and people are bi**hing about Worley...Just amazing...He makes mistakes but has lead the team with confidence...you will NOT see the freshman play this year most likely...Maybe not even next year so get over it and enjoy THIS season.

But, but he doesn't throw for 500 yards a game like Bray

On what planet?

Are you people competing for some sort of prize that I don't know about?

INT TD ratio/attitude/leadership worley wins. Also worley can run albeit little, it gives him the edge over bray. Plus this guy has more room for growth than bray ever did.

I agree lets go ahead and play Dobbs or Ferguson and take our lumps now. Because I don't think were going to be real competitive this yr anyways. And have one of them ready to go next yr with the experience from this yr. What does everybody else think? Would love to hear some opinions. GO VOLS!

You realize Worley will most likely start next year too, right? Its called building depth. You say we should suck this year and play for next year. I say we should be competitve this year and next year, and develop our young qbs in practice so there is no drop off when they take over. You don't just throw away seasons to get players experience. That is asinine. Not to mention I'm not sure if you have been watching the ****ing games but this team is 2-0.

You realize Worley will most likely start next year too, right? Its called building depth. You say we should suck this year and play for next year. I say we should be competitve this year and next year, and develop our young qbs in practice so there is no drop off when they take over. You don't just throw away seasons to get players experience. That is asinine. Not to mention I'm not sure if you have been watching the ****ing games but this team is 2-0.

SHHHH, its a secret that Worley will probably start next year. if it comes out it could cause multiple meltdowns, and crashes.

INT TD ratio/attitude/leadership worley wins. Also worley can run albeit little, it gives him the edge over bray. Plus this guy has more room for growth than bray ever did.

Seriously? I hope he turns out to be John Elway, but he's got 5 career TDs and 4 of them have been against WKU and Austin Peay.

Worley needs to run the ball on Saturday if he has space. In the first two games he had big openings and didn't run. It is pointless to run a read option if your QB doesn't run--it simply means that Oregon doesn't have to account for him running and makes us easier to defend. Duh.

Reactions: 2 people
I respect everyone's right to their opinion. However, I have saved myself the grief by just understanding that everyone of these people that think it is a good idea to throw the freshman QB's in right now are clueless about football. And as such I just laugh and move on. No need to waste time arguing. Again, they are completely free to share their opinion. It just provides most of us with a moment of levity throughout our day.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley needs to run the ball on Saturday if he has space. In the first two games he had big openings and didn't run. It is pointless to run a read option if your QB doesn't run--it simply means that Oregon doesn't have to account for him running and makes us easier to defend. Duh.

Yeah but he also doesnt need to get hurt. I am guessing he knows the offense better than the other QBs.

he did run it the first game.

I disagree totally. To me it is how a loser mentality is created. Every player on that team should feel they can win any game. They were recruited by many programs and didn't choose us to give away a season. The coaches have to try and win every game with what they have. In week three we want to bench the starter for the 3rd stringer?

Seriously? I hope he turns out to be John Elway, but he's got 5 career TDs and 4 of them have been against WKU and Austin Peay.

So? I do believe those wins are typical for Bray too. But what awesome wins did Bray have as a QB?

Unless Jones has won 4 championships in six years then maybe he should consult with the OP about who the starter should be... Oh wait...

It is incredible how many guys we have who declare who the starter should be with absolutely no understanding of why Jones chose Worley. I don't either... but obviously he believes Worley gives them the best chance to win. Twice now Jones has complimented the play of Worley.

I am sure he's not half the coach the OP is.... but for now he's getting paid to do the job and thinks Worley is the guy who should start.

Yes but this season he has 4 TD and 1 INT. So as a starter, his performance is comparable to Bray. I know that is sort of a stretch, but he is the leader now and I think he takes that more seriously than Bray, and that is why he is the better player.

He is not better than Bray but he can have a better career than Bray at UT by winning games. Statistically and the talent toolset Bray was a bada$$.

And you know that the circumstances of his previous serious PT weren't good.

IIRC, Heath Shuler's first few games and even first season weren't big on stats.

The two things we know right now are that Jones believes in Worley and that Jones is not hesitant to replace a QB when he doesn't believe in them.

Yes but this season he has 4 TD and 1 INT. So as a starter, his performance is comparable to Bray. I know that is sort of a stretch, but he is the leader now and I think he takes that more seriously than Bray, and that is why he is the better player.

When did the interception happen? That one was thrown out because of the penalty against WKU.

a couple of years ago no one was better than the backup qb. Now thanks to Simms, no one is better than the 3rd and 4th string qb. I love Tennessee fans.

He is not better than Bray but he can have a better career than Bray at UT by winning games. Statistically and the talent toolset Bray was a bada$$.

What is a talent toolset? Talent wise Bray is better. His head, however, was so far up his arse that he couldnt see daylight. His stats were off the charts, but usually got his best stats against sub par teams.

VN Store

Back