Jameis Winston saga (merged)

Reactions: 1 person
Not about Winston, but it's an FSU player and another case of special treatment.
FSU player gets traffic tickets after committing a hit-and-run.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/sports/ncaafootball/for-an-fsu-football-player-a-hit-and-run-becomes-two-traffic-tickets.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Darby was not the driver but was in the car. Coincidentally, he was also one of the two players who witnessed the alleged rape.

Their police department is a joke.

Having served on a university judicial review board I can tell you the proceedings and standards of evidence are very different. We also decided on preponderance of evidence rather than the higher standard in a criminal case.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him face university discipline

Having served on a university judicial review board I can tell you the proceedings and standards of evidence are very different. We also decided on preponderance of evidence rather than the higher standard in a criminal case.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him face university discipline

The decision won't come out until at least next week, probably later. And he appeals and that takes him past the playoffs. He bolts to the NFL.

Case dismissed as moot.

The real issue here is FSU's institutional response to the first reports of an assault. I really don't know if anyone's going to do anything about that.

The decision won't come out until at least next week, probably later. And he appeals and that takes him past the playoffs. He bolts to the NFL.

Case dismissed as moot.

The real issue here is FSU's institutional response to the first reports of an assault. I really don't know if anyone's going to do anything about that.

I'm not sure there is an appeal process - each school is different

From ESPN:

Winston, who is accused of sexually assaulting a former FSU student in his off-campus apartment on Dec. 7, 2012, repeatedly declined to answer questions from Major Harding, a former Florida State Supreme Court Chief Justice who is overseeing the case, and during cross-examination by his accuser, according to people familiar with the case.

Florida State QB Jameis Winston denies sexual-assault allegations in hearing statement - ESPN

What is particularly disturbing is that in his written statement he continues to make himself out to be the victim. I don't know. I have a hard time believing any woman would put herself through what this lady has put herself through if she was fabricating things.

Just heard playback allegedly capturing Oregon players singing No Means No to the tune of FSU war chant. This is going to follow Winston wherever he goes. What NFL team wants to defend this and is Winston even good enough that the traditional thuggish teams, such as Ravens and Raiders, would even think about it? I can't imagine the Titans bringing this guy to Nashville but anything is possible.

The Oregon players making fun of that phrase are fairly repulsive. Probably more so than an athlete who has been accused of a sexual assault. Nothing funny or comical about rape. How that made it into a game winning celebration is hard to understand. Weird.

The Oregon players making fun of that phrase are fairly repulsive. Probably more so than an athlete who has been accused of a sexual assault. Nothing funny or comical about rape. How that made it into a game winning celebration is hard to understand. Weird.

Agree nothing funny about it but in any way, but maybe they were making fun of FSU and the Tallahassee "judicial process". Could be read either way. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and think they were calling attention to FSU's off the field shortcomings just as they brought the FSU on field weaknesses to light.

Agree nothing funny about it but in any way, but maybe they were making fun of FSU and the Tallahassee "judicial process". Could be read either way. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and think they were calling attention to FSU's off the field shortcomings just as they brought the FSU on field weaknesses to light.

They most likely were not. They wouldn't have been...as jovial about it were they pointing out a major flaw in a system that they found disturbing/disgusting.

That was pretty much "rape joke! lol"

Just heard playback allegedly capturing Oregon players singing No Means No to the tune of FSU war chant. This is going to follow Winston wherever he goes. What NFL team wants to defend this and is Winston even good enough that the traditional thuggish teams, such as Ravens and Raiders, would even think about it? I can't imagine the Titans bringing this guy to Nashville but anything is possible.

There's two to 3 videos of it now. It's far from allegedly chanting it.

I don't care for Winston, but I think the issue here - in this instance - is more what Oregon and its players were chanting, not whether or not this stuff will follow Winston to the NFL.

Edit: here are two of the videos

Vine - https://vine.co/v/Ow3le0bLvu5

And a longer one from the site "Oregonlive.com"
Oregonlive.com

Last edited:
That settles it. I'm pulling for Oregon.

Looks like the guy in stripes was pulling for Oregon too.

eqp1xj.jpg

siap

Tallahassee Police Department and Florida State: A Cozy Relationship?

Author’s Note:

As a police veteran of over 27 years, I, along with many fine men and women in police forces across the nation along with those serving with Tallahasee Police Department, subscribe to the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics which states:

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor.

When specific police officers are unfairly accused of favoritism or bias, officers across the country are rightfully angry. When the accusations are true, that breaks their hearts.

VN Store

Back