Jameis Winston saga (merged)

That's why Manziel only got a half game suspension --they could not prove he got money. Gurley admitted he got money and so he's got bigger issues.

Apparently, this past Saturday, Dumbo went up to Winston in the locker room, asked him if he got paid, he said no, and Dumbo said "Alrighty then, that's that."

I think with Gurley there was a signed exclusivity contract as well.

FSU 45
UF 3

Driskel 1 for 37 passing, 8 interceptions, 0 TDs.

Florida will find a way to keep it somewhat respectable, at least for a while.

They're like Vanderbilt but playing real opponents and have real talent. Vanderbilt struggles with every crappy team, Florida struggles with every good team. Neither are good but at least Florida's version of not being good has them in the realm of good teams. Vanderbilt is a garbage can and Muschamp belongs in it.

Don't you get your freshman qb back for this week? I could see this game going similar to the TN game if they lose Winston and you get your freshman QB back.

FSU would rather face the death penalty than bench Winston.

I'd be surprised if he misses a game.

If this keeps up, they may get their wish. The level of denial and defiance is just shocking. They refuse to believe he did anything wrong, and even more disturbing they refuse to believe that the university's role has been anything other than exemplary.

Reactions: 1 person

If they play him now that all this has come to light, and they haven't adequately investigated, they risk forfeiture of all games and NCAA sanctions to boot.

If this keeps up, they may get their wish. The level of denial and defiance is just shocking. They refuse to believe he did anything wrong, and even more disturbing they refuse to believe that the university's role has been anything other than exemplary.

I don't think it's an issue of not believing. I think they might believe every bit of it, but they simply don't give a crap.

If they play him now that all this has come to light, and they haven't adequately investigated, they risk forfeiture of all games and NCAA sanctions to boot.

The NCAA isn't going to do jack.

FSU needs to be worried about losing federal funding because of their massive Title IX violations.

Not playing him would suggest FSU finally acknowledged something was amiss regarding the investigation, and they'd face even more media scrutiny.

May as well hang on to the lie and keep playing him. They're in too deep already...go ahead and drive that convertible off the cliff.

There is over 900 pieces of Winston memorabilia including over 400 signed jerseys on eBay for sale by the same company that got Manzel and Gurley in trouble

There is over 900 pieces of Winston memorabilia including over 400 signed jerseys on eBay for sale by the same company that got Manzel and Gurley in trouble

This is one of many NCAA rules I disagree with.

Players should be able to profit from their likeness.

But stupid rules are stupid rules...

I agree that the rule is dumb.

But there is no way post-Manziel that a college football player wouldn't know about it. Its Winston simply believing he is entitled to get away with anything he wants. And no one at FSU having the stones to slow this thing down.

LW, as you said, they can't admit anything now by holding him out a game. They have to hope somehow that he, and they, can thread these multiple needles and survive to the end of the season, then he goes to the NFL. FSU fan office worker says its like Winston is so big he just creates his own gravity.

VN Store

Back