Jameis Winston saga (merged)

I may be jaded, but I would assume there is a FSU Alum who is an attorney that has offered his services pro bono. Without reading through the fine print on the NCAA bylaws regarding this type of thing, I think there would be a clause in there that allows for legal representation for individuals of their own choosing. This will allow for Universities to retain a selected list of lawyers to choose from in the event of the need. I'd also assume that given the situation, retainer fees and costs would be disclosed information to the general public.

Johnny obtained a lawyer when he was dealing with it and he was not connected with the school at all. Now, Johnny and the Manziels do have a bit more money than the Winstons I'd assume too, but none the less, his lawyer was not compensated through the school.

If a man sexually assaults a female, his manhood should be cut off, force fed to him, and then shoot him. I don't care if he's a football star at FSU, UT, etc. To cover up such a crime should come with jail time if that's what happened. I remember seeing on the news the lead detective told the you woman, "this is a football town, and we'll both get crucified if you purse this". How could this be all over the news and there be people at FSU who didn't know the whole story? Cover up, period.

I agree completely. Legal castration should be in order for sex offenders.

I agree with just about everything that Wetzel says in this piece. I don't agree that there wasn't enough evidence to at least bring the case to a grand jury, but I'm with him on everything else.

The most troubling thing about this case is this:

Whether or not you believe the girl is telling the truth, it's painfully obvious that no one at FSU or within the TPD gave a damn about her. The possibility that she was telling the truth was completely irrelevant to them throughout the entire process. Jameis Winston's ability to continue playing football trumped the need for the proper execution of justice.

Whether you believe her or not, the behavior of those tasked with seeking the truth should disgust you.

Last edited:
For those of you who dislike or do not respect Jameis, the one saving grace is he will end up in the same dung heap as Jamarcus Russell...without a significant portion of the $39.4 million that Russell sucked from the Raiders.

The really, really sad thing is I think this is bothering me more than Jameis...at least at this point in time.

I agree with just about everything that Wetzel says in this piece. I don't agree that there wasn't enough evidence to at least bring the case to a grand jury, but I'm with him on everything else.

Whether or not you believe the girl is telling the truth or not, it's painfully obvious that no one at FSU or within the TPD gave a damn about her. The possibility that she was telling the truth was completely irrelevant to them throughout the entire process. Jameis Winston's ability to continue playing football trumped the need for the proper execution of justice.

Whether you believe her or not, the behavior of those tasked with seeking the truth should disgust you.

This.

FSU fans, content in the knowledge that Winston will be someone else's problem next year, are turning a blind eye to the real issue here. The real issue isn't guilt or innocence of Winston --its the entrenched systemic approach in Tallahassee to coddling football players, to ignoring their criminal acts, and to paving the way for them to steer clear of any consequences for their acts.

I do not doubt that it goes on everywhere there is big time college football. But FSU has engaged in this pattern of protecting football players, and screw the victims or the law, for decades. Its just the way business is done up there.

Thing is, the Winston strategy is probably going to work. His lawyer is going to stall this for the 3 months necessary to get FSU through the championship. And then Winston will be gone, memories will fade.... and it will be back to business as usual.

Reactions: 1 person

Whether or not you believe the girl is telling the truth or not, it's painfully obvious that no one at FSU or within the TPD gave a damn about her. The possibility that she was telling the truth was completely irrelevant to them throughout the entire process. Jameis Winston's ability to continue playing football trumped the need for the proper execution of justice.

I can certainly agree with this, but I refuse to brand him as a rapist until facts actually come out that he did it. I am hoping that we get the entire truth out of this whole situation. If he did it, I hope he is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Bama you're 100% correct, I look at this like I did when Stoops was allowing DGB to come to Oklahoma. How would said "fan" or "coach" (Jimbo, Stoops, Meyer, Malzahn etc) feel if this had happened to their daughter?? Would they be so understanding and lenient? Would Jimbo say there was no crime?? I used those 4 coaches because they seem to have a very lenient policy when it comes to players. I hope nothing like this ever happens to their wives or children but would anxious to see how they would react if it did (if it was superstar football player committing the crime)

I can certainly agree with this, but I refuse to brand him as a rapist until facts actually come out that he did it. I am hoping that we get the entire truth out of this whole situation. If he did it, I hope he is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That is a reasonable and fair way to look at it. But the problem is that those tasked with finding "the entire truth" clearly had no interest in doing so.

A proper investigation by both the school and the TPD may have produced no evidence of his guilt, or may even have produced evidence of his innocence. But, given the possibility of Winston's guilt, no one in authority was willing to take that chance.

VN Store

Back