Jerry Mack could be going to the NFL

So, Golesh moves on last year, wide receivers coach moves on, now the running back coach. They move on to better opportunities--and they should. It's thought that Heupel is loyal to his staff to a fault. At what point does he look at the situation and say, 'hey, this is a two way street. If you ain't cutting it, you gotta go'? He may have to do that in the future.
Seems to indicate that Heupel knows what he’s doing with his assistants.

Truth of the matter is if Mack leaves he needs to be replaced with someone who has similar connections in the same areas for recruiting (Mack has been covering North Carolina {among other areas} for us)

What's wild is there was a handful of folks here slamming Mack not just a year or so ago.I got ibto a couple back and forths with em as they told me he was easily replaced and sucked basically lol funny how these things turn out sometimes...

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Good point. And the chances he would be able to recruit like Mack are slim. If Mack leaves, Heupel needs to hire an established RB coach. Not promote an assistant.
Heupel has downgraded the recruiting ability of his staff with every new hire. That can't continue. TE, RB, and WR coaches have to be top flight recruiters. All of them cannot be this level of green on a single SEC staff.

Heupel has downgraded the recruiting ability of his staff with every new hire. That can't continue. TE, RB, and WR coaches have to be top flight recruiters. All of them cannot be this level of green on a single SEC staff.
Eventually that is going to come back and haunt him need all the recruiters you can get

It starts with Heupel he has never been a great or elite recruiter

I think up and coming coaches across the country would be intrigued about working in this spread out offense.
Don’t restrict the hire to internal candidates.

Truth of the matter is if Mack leaves he needs to be replaced with someone who has similar connections in the same areas for recruiting (Mack has been covering North Carolina {among other areas} for us)
We need to continue getting stronger in both the Carolinas.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I think up and coming coaches across the country would be intrigued about working in this spread out offense.
Don’t restrict the hire to internal candidates.
Heupel seems to prefer guys he knows or has worked with in the past. Right now I think he's comfortable hiring younger guys who develop over time and then promotes from within when openings arise. Guess I can see the logic there.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back