Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

You mean like Warren Buffett that opposes the Keystone Pipeline?

Oh wait, aren't his rail cars being used to transport it now?

My bad...

He also just bought a large trucking company. Guess what it's for?

Jobs? What jobs? Driving up and down the pipe trying to clean it up once something happens to it? Okay that was a joke but honestly I don't see many jobs coming from this other than the construction of it. I'm not an expert though, to take a line from the GOP "I'm not a scientist" crowd.

Wether you believe it or not, a lot of Americans care about the earth that we live on. So listening to them is part of his job.

The O&G industry is one our our largest industries in the country. I'd like to add to it.

Lmao.

Yep.

Btw there is also another pipeline going in oklahoma. Stretching all the way to memphis.

Wondered about that. I've been seeing a whole hoop of Haliburton vehicles running around this part of the State.

Try "Both"

Nice word to add to your vocabulary.

I'm sorry you're right, the savings that occur after it is easier to transport energy will definitely trickle down to us. History shows us that when corporations find ways to make more in profits that it immediately is invested in their workers and consumers not the CEO's bonus or stock shares. Carry on fighting the good fight for these companies.

Reactions: 4 people
Reactions: 1 person
I'm sorry you're right, the savings that occur after it is easier to transport energy will definitely trickle down to us. History shows us that when corporations find ways to make more in profits that it immediately is invested in their workers and consumers not the CEO's bonus or stock shares. Carry on fighting the good fight for these companies.

And the jobs it will create? Will that cut into the bottom line?

It's mutually beneficial for both the big businesses you hate and the politicians I loath because the end results means jobs. Someone gets off welfare for a change and can actually provide a living for their family.

And the jobs it will create? Will that cut into the bottom line?

It's mutually beneficial for both the big businesses you hate and the politicians I loath because the end results means jobs. Someone gets off welfare for a change and can actually provide a living for their family.

The businesses that I hate? I hate when businesses run my representatives and control my country.

Reactions: 2 people
The O&G industry pays very well. They also require various skills from ditch digger to engineers. Id like to add more of those jobs. The recent elections showed outright rejection of 0s economic policy

Last edited:

Your feelings about businesses are borderline lunatic. Not to mention largely unfounded and ignorant.

Reactions: 6 people

Buy stock and quit bellyaching.

Reactions: 2 people
Wonder if the people whose yard it will go through support it as much as the reps who are getting paid to push it through?

I can speak for the people that I know in the Mayflower region that were affected.

No, it's not worth it. Pipeline breaks suck.

That being said.. I think people don't give enough consideration to the long-term nature of risk that comes with a pipe-line. It may not break tomorrow or the next day.. but over a long enough timeline, eventually yes.. odds are there will be a major break and some unfortunate area will be flooded with hazardous material.

This reminds me of the waste ponds that we have built in Alaska to hold hazardous mining waste forever. Odds are anything can happen on a long enough time line.. the time line for these waste ponds are FOREVER! Basically we are guaranteed a disaster up there unless we haul that crap off to space or something

I can speak for the people that I know in the Mayflower region that were affected.

That being said.. I think people don't give enough consideration to the long-term nature of risk that comes with a pipe-line. It may not break tomorrow or the next day.. but over a long enough timeline, eventually yes.. odds are there will be a major break and some unfortunate area will be flooded with hazardous material.

This reminds me of the waste ponds that we have built in Alaska to hold hazardous mining waste forever. Odds are anything can happen on a long enough time line.. the time line for these waste ponds are FOREVER! Basically we are guaranteed a disaster up there unless we haul that crap off to space or something

Long-term environmental effects are not figured into the cost of anything we do. If they did, we wouldn't be able to afford anything.

Taking it to space poses an even bigger risk than housing it in AK. If the rocket explodes before it leaves the atmosphere, then that toxic waste will spread across the land and have a much bigger impact.

But...but... jobs! I honestly don't care anymore. Let them ruin the air and land that we need to survive as a species. Eventually earth will fix the problem itself.

Probably, but there has to be a projected number. How much of an effect on gas prices will it have? 3¢/gal?

Why do you think prices are finally dropping? Domestic production on "private" lands up 60%, despite our supreme leaders hatred of fossil fuels. More oil and gas equals cheaper prices and good paying jobs.Keystone is a no brainer.

VN Store

Back