Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

From Ted Cruz's FB today.

"The biggest regulatory threat to the Internet is "net neutrality."

In short, net neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet. It puts the government in charge of determining Internet pricing, terms of service, and what types of products and services can be delivered, leading to fewer choices, fewer opportunities, and higher prices for consumers.

The Internet should not operate at the speed of government."

Looks like this might be the next thing that is on their agenda. You have got to be kidding me right? Obamacare for the internet? These people have really figured out how to make ppl believe anything.

Reactions: 2 people

In short, net neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet. It puts the government in charge of determining Internet pricing, terms of service, and what types of products and services can be delivered, leading to fewer choices, fewer opportunities, and higher prices for consumers.

Looks like this might be the next thing that is on their agenda. You have got to be kidding me right? Obamacare for the internet? These people have really figured out how to make ppl believe anything.

Obola wants to make the internet a public utility. Can you say censorship

"I believe the FCC should create a new set of rules protecting net neutrality and ensuring that neither the cable company nor the phone company will be able to act as a gatekeeper, restricting what you can do or see online."

Currently in the USA we have some of the slowest speeds for our internet while paying the most for the service. Essentially they have a monopoly on the market and we suffer for it. Giving them even more power to charge us for specific content is outrageous. I disagree with you and ole ted. You are telling me that instead the FCC will start censoring the internet through this and it is all just a big made up lie? Which it very well could be unfortunately.

Last edited:

Cruz proves he doesn't know how the internet currently works. It currently operates slower than the government and with crappy customer service.

Reactions: 3 people
Cruz proves he doesn't know how the internet currently works. It currently operates slower than the government and with crappy customer service.

All he had to do was mention Obamacare and it works like a charm. The people commenting on his FB seem to be disproving his theory. Except for the people using all caps saying "the gov ruins everything."

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not going to dismiss this mans opinion just because you think he doesn't love the O&G industry enough. haha

I won't dismiss his opinion. But the background behind his lack of support for such a thing does lay the foundation for whether or not I give it a passing glance or give it the due regard.

And in this case, he's also picking the extreme low projected numbers. These things do have a wide range you know?

So do we need to invest in fixing our infrastructure?

Sure. Absolutely. But not by going (another) trillion in debt.

Balance the budget, cut the fat and then invest the money in infrastructure.

I won't dismiss his opinion. But the background behind his lack of support for such a thing does lay the foundation for whether or not I give it a passing glance or give it the due regard.

And in this case, he's also picking the extreme low projected numbers. These things do have a wide range you know?

Sure. Absolutely. But not by going (another) trillion in debt.

Balance the budget, cut the fat and then invest the money in infrastructure.

There is so much fat in any public works project most look like Rosie O'Donnell in a bikini. Blubber hanging everywhere.

Reactions: 1 person
As someone who does care about our environment, I do worry about Leaks from the pipeline.

I laugh when someone says this. Is environment split up into regions? Does it make a difference where a disaster occurs? If the environment is damaged do we not all suffer? Its another liberal excuse.

I laugh when someone says this. Is environment split up into regions? Does it make a difference where a disaster occurs? If the environment is damaged do we not all suffer? Its another liberal excuse.

Yes. Those closer to the disaster will obviously be more effected by it. It's not a liberal excuse, it's a reality. These things happen and are preventable.

Reactions: 6 people
Yes. Those closer to the disaster will obviously be more effected by it. It's not a liberal excuse, it's a reality. These things happen and are preventable.

Maybe TVA can hire you and several of your friends to use your bikes to power their turbines. You think you guys could hold up for an eight hour shift?

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe TVA can hire you and several of your friends to use your bikes to power their turbines. You think you guys could hold up for an eight hour shift?

I spent 8.5 hours running on Sunday, I'm sure I can ride ride my bike for 8 hours (again).

If supporting Keystone made you look like a weak, queasling little American hating bush league imbecile then Obama would be 100% for it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back