Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

They can't refine it or process the stuff from the tar sands, we can. And you're wrong we produce more crude than Canada. They are just our biggest importer.

That's what I meant. So if the majority of our oil already comes from the US and Canada, what does this change? How does this make us less dependandt?

That's what I meant. So if the majority of our oil already comes from the US and Canada, what does this change? How does this make us less dependandt?

This stuff has to be refined, Canada has little to no capability to refine tar sands product. We do, once it's here we control it.

At this point he's trolling. I'd just ignore him from now on.

I'm honestly not. I can't understand why this pipeline has so much support. And why we are alright allowing Canadians with their split open heads, to take away property rights from Americans.

You said it would. It was your entire reason for allowing a foreign company to steal American land

We would CONTROL IT! In times of emergency we could turn off the export spigot.

I believe GV, have to be trolling. No way you're this dense!

We would CONTROL IT! In times of emergency we could turn off the export spigot.

I believe GV, have to be trolling. No way you're this dense!

So you're telling me that we will export this oil. Therefor it won't change our dependancy like you stated earlier.

Yet, earlier you stated the entire reason for this was to lower our dependency on foriegn oil due to national security issues?

So you're telling me that we will export this oil. Therefor it won't change our dependancy like you stated earlier.

Yet, earlier you stated the entire reason for this was to lower our dependency on foriegn oil due to national security issues?

The PLANS are to export it.

And plans never change do they?

How does exporting oil make me safe at night?

Christ almighty...

Okay, so if the Keystone was to be built, over the objections of the "I love the spotted jumping western field mouse" envio-nazi crowd of course, it creates a steady flow of oil into this nation. Now yes, the plans are for it to go OUT in exports, but it still has to come IN. Anyway, let's say the ME gets into a tiff (again) and does another embargo (i.e. 1973) we would be screwed without production to take up the slack.

Enter Keystone that can be turned off for exports, as Hog said, and kept for the domestic market. So our reliance on overseas oil isn't as big a deal if, IF we have the capability to take up some of the slack.

So while we are still reliant on overseas oil, we would have the potential to get by without it by shutting off our exports. Hence, national security has a status quo as power grids stay up, vehicles still run, aircraft still fly and life goes on.

And not even getting into the aspect if China gets their way with loading it up in Vancouver and sending it to their refineries.

VN Store

Back