Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

Haha come on, why wouldn't you support a proven system used in other countries? Is it because you don't live near an urban area and would never see the benefit?

I bet gates and buffet could fund high speed rail and never miss a beat. We could ask them I suppose?

I should amend my earlier comment to include low-speed light rail projects as well.

As far as it being "proven", just ask Charlotte, NC how successful their light rail program has been.

Yeah, the taxes gathered from 40,000 temporary jobs wouldn't help anything...

Neither would the job/taxes/revenue from all of the ancillary stuff like equipment, supplies, materials and such.

Or the money the landowners will be paid.

We just need to kill this thing before to much money gets thrown around!

I should amend my earlier comment to include low-speed light rail projects as well.

As far as it being "proven", just ask Charlotte, NC how successful their light rail program has been.

Is it cool if they don't have to seize property to install?

Solve what problems?

Are we looking for one particular thing that does that in one lick?

Might as well, I still think restructuring our tax code would provide more benefit than the pipeline. So why do we only hear about one?

Might as well, I still think restructuring our tax code would provide more benefit than the pipeline. So why do we only hear about one?

Only one has a snowballs chance in hell of becoming reality.

So the tax code is the only issue this country has?

For it to be that simple.

So you believe the pipeline is a benefit.

I agree that the tax code needs to be simplified and fixed. The issue as pointed out above is that one has some common ground among both sides, the other has both sides about as far apart as it can get.

Should we squander a benefit because another problem cant be agreed on in the fashion to be fixed?

Yep those 35 jobs really deserve all this attention. I bet we could create 35 jobs in one hour just by fixing our tax system. Keep on eating up what they serve you.

Transcanada employs 5000 people. If you look up pipeline jobs on Indeed in North Dakota, you get over 180 open jobs some advertising salaries over $100k

Transcanada employs 5000 people. If you look up pipeline jobs on Indeed in North Dakota, you get over 180 open jobs some advertising salaries over $100k

NO! 8188 has convinced me that this thing needs to be killed, my house is too big and I need to move to NYC to have more retirement money.

Reactions: 4 people
Haha come on, why wouldn't you support a proven system used in other countries? Is it because you don't live near an urban area and would never see the benefit?

I bet gates and buffet could fund high speed rail and never miss a beat. We could ask them I suppose?

Gates and Buffet should. Not the taxpayers. Silly.

NO! 8188 has convinced me that this thing needs to be killed, my house is too big and I need to move to NYC to have more retirement money.

You should also spend more when things are 20,30, or 50% off. Because the more you spend the more you save.

No politicians talk about anything in a meaningful way. Money money money money money money money. Get the point?

So why do you believe them when they tell you that a high speed rail project will be an economic boom but not an oil pipeline project?

VN Store

Back