Kiffin to Florida?

Will Kiffin be FL's next coach?

• Total voters
Of course with the dumpster fire that Tennessee was people said the same thing about the CJH hire.

if I was UF, I would hire Golesh in a heart beat on a reasonable salary(5-6m) for five year contract which would make for reasonable buyout and It would be a contract packed with ridiculous incentive payouts….Win win….
That would make sense but I think UF can't get it together enough to get rid of their lousy AD which was our first step in digging our way out.

If they replace the AD and coach like we did they might have a shot at a new start.

I'm hoping they just can Napier and continue the trend of bad coaching hires.

That would make sense but I think UF can't get it together enough to get rid of their lousy AD which was our first step in digging our way out.

If they replace the AD and coach like we did they might have a shot at a new start.

I'm hoping they just can Napier and continue the trend of bad coaching hires.

UF's problems are much higher than AD. It's a complete dumpster fire.

Napier was 40 - 12 at Louisiana, but that includes his first-season record of 7 - 7. He went 11 - 3, 10 - 1 (COVID), and 12 - 1 in his last three years. How does someone who is that successful fail at Florida? It has to be dysfunction in the AD office.
Their facilities had fallen way off until last year. It’s partly why they’re cash strapped. And even with the upgrade, they’re now about average in the SEC. This is definitely not all on Napier. The upgrades were promised to Mullen but never delivered

That's the rumor.

You have to think the wheels are in motion on Kiffin, or someone else, so as to reassure Lagway, recruits, and possible portal players coming up.

This season is done. Sadly, even as it began. Focus is on the future.
Idk how wheels could be in motion for Kiffin to reassure players and recruits. If true and it leaked to Ole Miss their focus on a playoff spot takes a hit.

Idk how wheels could be in motion for Kiffin to reassure players and recruits. If true and it leaked to Ole Miss their focus on a playoff spot takes a hit.
Good point. The pressure is probably already on the Ole Miss staff. Their players and recruits will want reassurances that Kiffin isn't leaving. It will come down to a matter of trust.

Good point. The pressure is probably already on the Ole Miss staff. Their players and recruits will want reassurances that Kiffin isn't leaving. It will come down to a matter of trust.
"We have to trust Lane" problem is not good for a program.
You can trust him with the football side of the program, but this exposes that he is a schemer behind the scenes.
I am really looking forward to see if they keep the coaching staff for the rest of the season, or change horses mid season.
Has anyone ever left a major program for another mid-season?

I still say I would hire Dan Mullen as interim HC and see if he can right the ship in the short term. Urban Meyer or Spurrier strike me as longshots to return to the game ATM. Urban Meyer could surprise me, but it is not his MO to step into a disaster. He likes to take over programs primed to win right now.

Reactions: Bearkat_Vol
Don't let it get worse. Reassure Lagway change is coming that will show off his ability. Create excitement that we are moving forward. Use an interim for the moment.

Lots of reasons.
Fire Napier today and most players are done. They'll quit playing this season so they can still redshirt and they'll enter the portal in Dec.
I think they wait at least until FL has played five games so the players can't redshirt this year.

Fire Napier today and most players are done. They'll quit playing this season so they can still redshirt and they'll enter the portal in Dec.
I think they wait at least until FL has played five games so the players can't redshirt this year.
didn't Holgersen do that? or maybe it was the opposite, had a QB sit out a year after they were struggling. pretty sure the qb just ended up transferring.

Kiffin is making $9M at Ole Miss. He's raiding the portal like a weasel in a henhouse and "recruiting Florida" these days is done via flying in with a moneybag and flying back out.

There's nothing UF can give him Ole Miss can't give him. Nothing. He can make his reputation at Ole Miss and not face Urban and Spurrier comparisons while trying to rebuild from ashes.

Florida isn't an attractive job. Recall the NIL debacle. They aren't making a smooth transition to the new era. Like Clemson, they're quickly becoming irrelevant.

UF is an attractive job if you are an up and coming coach outside of the SEC or at some other Power 5 non-traditional powerhouse (other than Vandy). Mike Elko would have been a good choice for them if he was still at Duke.

I absolutely believe UF's first call will be to Urban and try to kick the tires there. If he doesn't show any interest, I see them reaching out to the normal names like Franklin, Gundy, and possibly Campbell that pop up during every coaching search.

They probably settle with either a coordinator or the Memphis HC.

The UF situation is eerily similar to what we went through with our Presidents, Chancellors, and Athletic Directors who were all incompetents when it came to sports (and many other things too). Add to that, their NIL has had issues. They've got to do a program wide rehaul from the top down before I think a coach worth his salt would jump in there.

Lol. I remember when redshirting meant something. That's a dinosaur in the current portal regime.

Play ASAP, get NIL money, transfer and play for more, try to get drafted. Red shirt for a talented player these days has virtually no role. If the player is worried about it, it's just because they see more NIL dollars next year where they are now.

Lol. I remember when redshirting meant something. That's a dinosaur in the current portal regime.

Play ASAP, get NIL money, transfer and play for more, try to get drafted. Red shirt for a talented player these days has virtually no role. If the player is worried about it, it's just because they see more NIL dollars next year where they are now.
Or they may not have a career in the NFL and want to have as many seasons as possible to earn NIL in college.

UF is an attractive job if you are an up and coming coach outside of the SEC or at some other Power 5 non-traditional powerhouse (other than Vandy). Mike Elko would have been a good choice for them if he was still at Duke.

I absolutely believe UF's first call will be to Urban and try to kick the tires there. If he doesn't show any interest, I see them reaching out to the normal names like Franklin, Gundy, and possibly Campbell that pop up during every coaching search.

They probably settle with either a coordinator or the Memphis HC.
As others told me, the issue is leadership at lots of levels. The AD is weak, the President is an interim, and they don't have anyone strong enough to lure someone like Urban.

Why would Urban, at this point in his career, step into an actual burning swamp?

They're really screwed, as we once were, by having poor leadership from the top down.

Subpar admins can't seem to see their way to fire a subpar AD, who continues to hire subpar coaches. Sounds very familiar.....

"We have to trust Lane" problem is not good for a program.
You can trust him with the football side of the program, but this exposes that he is a schemer behind the scenes.
I am really looking forward to see if they keep the coaching staff for the rest of the season, or change horses mid season.
Has anyone ever left a major program for another mid-season?

I still say I would hire Dan Mullen as interim HC and see if he can right the ship in the short term. Urban Meyer or Spurrier strike me as longshots to return to the game ATM. Urban Meyer could surprise me, but it is not his MO to step into a disaster. He likes to take over programs primed to win right now.
Trust Lane???😂 I wouldn’t trust Lane as far as I could throw him. Having said that, I’m not sure he takes the Florida job. There seems to be a lot of issues down there.

As far as Napier goes, I’m not sure he makes it to Knoxville. I think there will be an interim coach when we play them.

Trust Lane???😂 I wouldn’t trust Lane as far as I could throw him. Having said that, I’m not sure he takes the Florida job. There seems to be a lot of issues down there.

As far as Napier goes, I’m not sure he makes it to Knoxville. I think there will be an interim coach when we play them.

Former Gators player Chris Doering told the Knoxville Quarterback Club that he doesn't think Napier will coach in the Tennessee game per Cora Hall in today's Knoxville News Sentinel.

didn't Holgersen do that? or maybe it was the opposite, had a QB sit out a year after they were struggling. pretty sure the qb just ended up transferring.

I believe you are thinking of D'Eriq King.

He redshirted at Houston after 4 games then transferred to I believe it was Miami.

Kind of bombed there so I have no clue what happened to him after that.

VN Store

Back