Lab-Grown Meat Coming to a Restaurant near you THIS YEAR and is due to Hit Grocery Stores by 2028

With Beyond and Impossible, you heard marketing hype because those are marketable products right now. This is not even close to being ready for market and I feel like they are so far from being comparable to lab-grown meat that you might as well be comparing it to the new Velma show being overhyped (and disappointing). It's not a meat substitute. It is meat.

IDK. When I hear someone talk about lab-grown meat, 90% of what I hear in return is pushback, so I don't look at it as overhyped at all.
No lab will ever be able to replicate such beauty!

NY-strip-steak.jpg

IDK when it will be a better product than our "natural" meat industry, but it will be someday. Imagine not needing a billion cows for slaughter. The land they live on can be repurposed. No more inhumane livestock conditions. The quality will be more controlled and eventually it will be cheaper.

Does this also mean the extinction of cattle?

I wouldn't consider allowing the sale of lab meat "forcing alternatives onto the market." Like I said if it tastes good and is actually feasible, the world as we know it will change.
Do people have the right to know if their meat is real or fake? Because I can easily see the trying to mix these fake meats in with the real gradually over time without our consent or knowledge.

Reactions: McDad
I imagine to grow cells into tissue and to get the correct texture and taste profile there will be plenty of additives.

I'm not against it per se; just seems to be over hyped and the issues seem to get white-washed.

We heard the same hype about the fake meat products from Beyond and Impossible but the realities haven't lived up to the hype.

"Acme" is using these to manufacture "chicken" at a plant in NC

Mung bean - Wikipedia

TGO reminds me of my wife's ex-SIL, she was a militant vegan that loved nothing better than to spew absolute BS and preach about animal abuse on farms. Yet she wouldn't trade her designer leather shoes for anything and didn't think twice about driving cars with leather seats while having a declawed cat that never left the house as a pet.
Then she wasn't a vegan.

Do people have the right to know if their meat is real or fake? Because I can easily see the trying to mix these fake meats in with the real gradually over time without our consent or knowledge.
It will happen in ground products first.

I don’t think that you understand what an activist is. But you should be an expert on small mindedness.

Nope, not small minded. I understand improvements could be made within the industry and bad actors punished but for the vast majority of the industry they do it right and take care of their animals.

Actually, yes... there were plenty of people ready to take what ever measure that was necessary to silence opposing views.

Who are you talking about and why are you bringing it up here? It has nothing to do with anything. You dismissed science as a whole. I made fun if you for it. And you're deflecting to nameless authoritarians, god knows why?

That’s what they did with cheese.

I anticipate we will see lab grown meat (if economically viable) mixed in with other meat blend products, first. Hamburger, sausage, etc. The last introduction of the product (if at all) will be a slab of lab grown prime rib getting carved at the dinner table.

I anticipate we will see lab grown meat (if economically viable) mixed in with other meat blend products, first. Hamburger, sausage, etc. The last introduction of the product (if at all) will be a slab of lab grown prime rib getting carved at the dinner table.
I miss my pink slime that they used to put in hamburger meat, it was delicious.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX and McDad

The funny thing is that when the lab grown meats are first rolled out... it will be too expensive to serve to the masses so some high restaurants and what not will be selling you your $50 chicken tender, but then when it becomes a viable option those same places will return to grass fed real options. lmao

Reactions: McDad
She claimed to be.

1. a person who does not eat any food derived from animals and who typically does not use other animal products.
    "I'm a strict vegan"
When she says she is a vegan, tell her she isn't. I know from experience that screws them into the ceiling.

VN Store

Back