Lakers/Vols Knecht-ion

Yeah no don’t compare JJ to Dalton two totally different players…

No doubt DK has more upside due to his ability to attack closeouts and finish at the rim, but in terms of being a lethal sniper, there are worse comps than JJ. If Dalton has that kind of career and is able to stay in the league for a decade and a half playing at a high level, you would call his career a success.

Reactions: GoodTimeVol
My numbers were a little off, I think it was 34.1 for the #6 pick and 18.5 for DK but that's on the 4-year team option section. The first two years are guaranteed, that's where the 8 million dollar figure comes in. it's like 15.7 for #6 and 7.9 for DK. I would hope he can get the 4 years in and then get to the second contract. He'll probably net around 2 million per year after taxes and expenses.

This is where I got my 16 mil difference. I didn't analyze it as carefully as you are here.

Jordan and Pippen looked incredible out there because they were well beyond being the most fit and athletic players on the court every time they stepped out there. They started in the NBA with multiple teammates who smoked more than one pack a day. Lebron is still one of the most dominant players in the NBA at the age of 40 in an era where the Jordan/Pippen level of fitness is the baseline. I’ve never cheered for any of his teams but Lebron has a legitimate claim to being the greatest of all time.

Mind you, Jordan does too. He can’t be faulted for the state of the league when he was in it, and he was partially responsible for it becoming the much more athletic league it is now. Of course he’s partially to blame for the terrible era of all isolation plays before the defenses were allowed to open up, too.
You worked hard on that, trying to convince everyone that all of the greats of yesteryear were only good because of their competition. You really show your age and lack of knowledge. But keep trying to convince us. It keeps us all laughing.

So he’s guaranteed $9.7 million over 3 years plus any NIL endorsement money. Worst case he ends up with $5 million after taxes. Don’t waste the money and you can be comfortable for life even without a second contract. Work your tail off and get that second contract to get that generational wealth!
He'll have to work his tail off for that generational wealth. Gov Newsome will take his share early...

Reactions: TJSVOLS
You worked hard on that, trying to convince everyone that all of the greats of yesteryear were only good because of their competition. You really show your age and lack of knowledge. But keep trying to convince us. It keeps us all laughing.
You can try to convince yourself that's what you read, but it's right here for everybody else to read, too.

I have hated the Lakers my entire life. I am Celtic green as it can get. Love the Bird vs. Magic Finals with all the supporting casts members in Chief, McHale, DJ, Ainge, cornbread and Carr plus Walton. I loved watching Cooper, Worthy, Kareem, Rambuss (sp.) lose to Boston.

With that said, I will buy my daughter (10 y.o,) the first Knecht Lakers jersey I can find. I will be glad when the great loser, whiner, wanna be activist of all time retires. Jordan is the greatest. Period. Bird, Kobe, Magic, Dr. J are all right there ahead of Leroy Jones. I hope DK becomes the greatest Laker of all time. He should be a perfect fit and we all know he will work his rear end off doing whatever it takes. The kid has game and HEART!
As a lifelong Knicks fan, it must have been tough knowing the Lakers were a little better in the 80s than the Celtics. I always pulled for Boston in the finals though

As a Spur fan, (though admittedly a lapsed one due to the 3-steps 3-point obsessed modern NBA), I'm in a dilly of a pickle. I want Dalton to drop maximum carnage on everyone who passed over him, but that very clearly includes the Spurs. Quite the dilemma. I know I'm going to root for him to kill them too, but man. As a Laker? Man. That's some hard stuff right there.

I didn’t understand why the Spurs essentially punted the 8th pick with that trade. With Wemby and the #4, I thought the could really push to win in the next 0-1 years.

What are your thoughts?

Not trying to be rude, but how old are you? Jordan is the GOAT. Ain't even close.

You are correct.

I’ve watched both of them. Jordan and it ain’t close.

LeBron is a great player, but Kobe was closer to Jordan than LeBron.

LeBron’s downside is his insecurity. He doesn’t believe he can win without multiple other superstars on his team.

Three years removed from community college, one year removed from the Big Sky Conference, Dalton Knecht is earning millions to be a major contributor for the most prestigious franchise in basketball (I say grudgingly as a Pistons fan) and is enjoying the attention and praise of some of the greatest ever to play the game. There is no athlete for whom I could be happier.

Three years removed from community college, one year removed from the Big Sky Conference, Dalton Knecht is earning millions to be a major contributor for the most prestigious franchise in basketball (I say grudgingly as a Pistons fan) and is enjoying the attention and praise of some of the greatest ever to play the game. There is no athlete for whom I could be happier.
It really is an amazing story for a kid that was 5’4” as a freshman with no D1 offers out of high school. The drop cost him some money but at the end of the day, he’s going to be a multimillionaire and I don’t think he could have dreamed of a better situation to begin his pro career. The fact he ain’t stuck in Charlotte or Detroit is grounds for celebration alone.

I didn’t understand why the Spurs essentially punted the 8th pick with that trade. With Wemby and the #4, I thought the could really push to win in the next 0-1 years.

What are your thoughts?

I think they decided to turn the single pick at #8 into multiple picks later on. Lots of talking heads saying this year's draft was weak to begin with, so as you said, they punted and deferred value. They appear to be stockpiling picks for either a large trade in the near future, or looking down the road where they can use the picks for a large trade during Wembanyama's next contract, I guess? Couldn't say with any confidence. The Spurs probably thought (rightly or wrongly) that no one in the draft was a game-changer that would push them ahead, or else I think they would have pursued them. Might as well sit on it and wait to see if some of these picks from struggling teams turn into solid gold.

I think they decided to turn the single pick at #8 into multiple picks later on. Lots of talking heads saying this year's draft was weak to begin with, so as you said, they punted and deferred value. They appear to be stockpiling picks for either a large trade in the near future, or looking down the road where they can use the picks for a large trade during Wembanyama's next contract, I guess? Couldn't say with any confidence. The Spurs probably thought (rightly or wrongly) that no one in the draft was a game-changer that would push them ahead, or else I think they would have pursued them. Might as well sit on it and wait to see if some of these picks from struggling teams turn into solid gold.

I didn’t think about bundling them to make a trade. That would make some sense, because I really don’t think they want to wait til the 2030s for some of those picks. They have a significant centerpiece. I really thought DK would be a nice complement and a nice fit there.

I’m a Mavs fan, but it’s a respectful rivalry. I always keep an eye looking to the south!

Reactions: Voltopia
Also, second round picks are not guaranteed money. You don't have to guarantee their salary and they can also be two way players. So, they're a way to take a gamble on a player while still keeping financial flexibility.

I'm a Lakers fan, but I gotta say....I am REALLY enjoying watching the Spurs and Thunder do their rebuild. I think the Thunder are going to run the league for years to come. Was honestly hoping Knecht would end up on one of those two teams. Happy to see him a Laker though.

Reactions: Voltopia

VN Store

Back