Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Wrong .. he can’t take the actions that he doesn’t have the power to take , and stop asking the federal government to take more control over our lives .

I thought you just said he could have declared martial law.

More deflection to try to whistle past his derangement, I see, when you could have said Trump should stop declaring he has that authority. But sure, put it on me... it's my fault.

It's pretty disturbing that he claimed the potus has it. That's more dangerous to the republic than random internet guy
So, has he exerted that so called power, or talked about it? There is a difference. Pay attention to what people do, not what they say. Words are cheap.

Well, good luck on taking that one to court, counselor.

How many ways could this video be parsed to avoid any of what you just charged?

Go ahead, make my day complete.

It could have been done by his campaign at the campaign's expense and then circulated by the campaign to Fox and on their usual campaign websites.

It could have been done by his campaign at the campaign's expense and then circulated by the campaign to Fox and on their usual campaign websites.
Did it?

"could have" works for reasonable doubt but not in this case.

We could play "could have" all day with many, many things and in the end it would prove what? Nothing.

Was one of those actions closing the entire country?

As I stated previously, that action would have been to shut down interstate travel, or partially. Which if he had done, he would be well within his right to "open it back up" afterwards.

Maybe it would have been challenged, I somehow doubt it though. But this declaring "absolute authority" should not be met with shrugs and passive "he's wrongs".

That's just how I see it.

I thought you just said he could have declared martial law.

More deflection to try to whistle past his derangement, I see, when you could have said Trump should stop declaring he has that authority. But sure, put it on me... it's my fault.

He can . All the levers have been pulled except for that one . Again stop asking for it . There is no level for him to open it back up except to lift martial law. ( that’s federal ) he can’t force a state to open up . ( that’s states rights and governors ) they are two different governing bodies .

As I stated previously, that action would have been to shut down interstate travel, or partially. Which if he had done, he would be well within his right to "open it back up" afterwards.

Maybe it would have been challenged, I somehow doubt it though. But this declaring "absolute authority" should not be met with shrugs and passive "he's wrongs".

That's just how I see it.

Im speaking more toward the typical state level "stay at home" type order across the country. Not just interstate travel.

Last edited:
He can . All the levers have been pulled except for that one . Again stop asking for it . There is no level for him to open it back up except to lift martial law. ( that’s federal ) he can’t force a state to open up . ( that’s states rights and governors ) they are two different governing bodies .

Ok, so what authority is he saying he has to open up the country, and why are you again trying to blame me for what he says he can do?

I'll give both you and Trump an easy out, he can just say that he meant opening back up international travel. Then you can say, "see, you were just overreacting". I know you are hoping he will take some kind of coward's backtrack on this.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Ok, so what authority is he saying he has to open up the country, and why are you again trying to blame me for what he says he can do?

I'll give both you and Trump an easy out, he can just say that he meant opening back up international travel. Then you can say, "see, you were just overreacting". I know you are hoping he will take some kind of coward's backtrack on this.

I really don’t pay that much attention to him unless he actually does something stupid like sign that piece of Sh!t stimulus bill stuffed full of pork for things like the Kennedy center and the arts .

Reactions: 1972 Grad and McDad
So, when he declares "absolute authority" it just doesn't affect you. And besides, every president does it. Right?

It really doesn’t until he tries to overthrow the government and take control . You are no more affected or oppressed today than when he said it . 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 1972 Grad

VN Store

Back