Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Estimated Influenza Illnesses, Medical visits, Hospitalizations, and Deaths in the United States — 2018–2019 influenza season | CDC
CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season. This burden was similar to estimated burden during the 2012–2013 influenza season

IHME | COVID-19 Projections
All beds needed
56,831beds

WTF are we doing?

So, we hit those deaths in about a month, where would we be without the "stay at home" orders/recommendations?

How is our PPE and production and test kits coming along, these are the most important factors in "opening back up". I'll feel a little better when I can find hand sanitizer, I imagine a few other people are looking forward to this as well.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
LMAO, you can't even get the quote right...and Trump was 100% accurate on this statement:

In June 2015, while Trump was a presidential candidate, he said, "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best."
He added: "They're sending people that have a lot of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

If you think that statement is not accurate, then you are lost

So, he was just placing emphasis on the positive.

There are a lot of qualified women that get overlooked for positions of leadership, due to patriarchy. Him saying that is no different than saying a man needs to be President. He is acknowledging the fact that women have been overlooked.
The dumbest argument that I heard against a female President is that they are too emotional and would have us in senseless wars. We've only had male President's, and have been in a lot of wars.
I never said a woman isn’t capable of being President or VP. It’s an absurd starting point when selecting someone. You start with whose best for the job. And that very well could be a woman.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I don't think it's petty to say taking money from drug dealers and rapists to set them free is disgusting, just because it's a "corner stone" of our legal system, doesn't make it any more noble. I am glad your stepdad "stepped up" for you, but again most liberal and left-leaning people tend to have come from certain life experiences and it shows. I am not necessarily being critical, just making clear observations. People who call themselves "rebels" or "free thinkers" and think they are edgy, because they hated their parents (or step parents). You see this in their educational values, work ethic values, religious values, and political views.
Thanks Dr Phil 🙄

So, we hit that in about a month, where would we be without the "stay at home" orders/recommendations?

How is our PPE and production and test kits coming along, these are the most important factors in "opening back up". I'll feel a little better when I can find hand sanitizer, I imagine a few other people are looking forward to this as well.

Hand sanitizer and toilet paper were both easily available at Walmart this morning for me.
So with your logic we can go back to work tomorrow? I'm in

Reactions: Stew Cook
Naaaaah It is OUR responsibility to fund these financial black holes up until the point at which we are all as broke as everybody else. **** 'em. This is one of several reasons I will vote for Trump again. Everybody is gonna have to pay their fair share for crap like the UN, NATO, WHO and whatever other alphabet soup touchy feely group we can defund that does nothing but suck money.
Two trillion dollars say hello. Trump has no problem funding black holes.

Hand sanitizer and toilet paper were both easily available at Walmart this morning for me.
So with your logic we can go back to work tomorrow? I'm in

No, that wasn't my logic. I said I would feel better with access to hand sanitizer. You conveniently ignored the others.

There are a few million with her skin color and gender whose name is not constantly floated. It must be something a little more.
A female POC who has strong name recognition because of a failed campaign for governor that saw Oprah campaigning for her. There that covers it all.

Luther, even before Biden said he would a pick a woman, you and I both know if Abrams were a white man with the same resume he would not be considered for VP by any of the candidates running. It’s identity politics.

Last edited:
I never said a woman isn’t capable of being President or VP. It’s an absurd starting point when selecting someone. You start with whose best for the job. And that very well could be a woman.
There may be qualified candidates of both sexes, but he said he would prefer that his running mate is a woman. That is his choice. No one has a problem with that except people that hate qualified women.

LMAO, you can't even get the quote right...and Trump was 100% accurate on this statement:

In June 2015, while Trump was a presidential candidate, he said, "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best."
He added: "They're sending people that have a lot of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

If you think that statement is not accurate, then you are lost

Oh wait, so I was right that he said "they're rapists"? OMG, why are you even responding to dispute the fact that I mistakenly included Cent. Amer. It doesn't change my point at all.

And if you think that's on point to generalize like that, then you're a bigot.

So this is fun. My business has picked up and I have asked my teams to reach out to furloughed employees and have them come back to work. Several said no bc they prefer to get the unemployment. Now I am going to call them tomorrow and say if you don’t come back in 24 hours I will notify the state that they are no longer furloughed but terminated for not reporting to work.
That should be done with their callback.

Reactions: vols40
That's not what letter of the law prescribes in this case. There is literally no constitutional guidance about what merits removal. It's intentionally left vague and subject to congress's judgement. The fact that you think Clinton definitely deserves removal and Trump doesn't confirms my position that presidents are treated unfairly by the opposition.

You don't have to say "all" to make a generalization. He made a generalization. If I said "Christians are idiots", I can't then say "I didn't say 'all', so I'm not a bigot." It's a bigoted thing to say whether you say "all" or not.

When we talk about who is racist, it's definitely a matter of opinion. You're trying to argue semantics to say it's an objective thing, but even if there is one clear, universal definition of racist, it's still subjective when we decide who is racist and who isn't.

That's not entirely accurate; there is a constitutional record of framers arguing not only what should constitute impeachable offense, but whether the power should be granted to congress at all, lest the executive becomes plaything to the House. What impeachment expressly IS NOT, is 'anything congress says it is' as some have opined.

Under any circumstance, lying to a grand jury is a crime. Coercing witnesses to lie, destroy or hide evidence, and to do so oneself to conceal the crime, is obstruction of justice. Unlike the charge Trump committed obstruction, for example, by firing Comey, attempting to destroy or withhold evidence NOT coincident with an exercise of plenary power is the textbook definition of obstruction of justice.

Okay, but when you're clearly saying "SOME Christians are idiots" you are qualifying the comment and not in effect saying 'all', correct? Now you have a proper analogy to Trump's comment.

If I say black people commit more than half of murders and a grossly disproportionate amount of violent crime annually, that is an agnostic fact that will get you called racist quickly in SJW circles. If I'm not saying black people are genetically predisposed to violence but your opinion is that I'm racist anyway, that makes you a stupid person, not me a racist.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back