Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Luther: It's not enough!!!!
McDad: How much was there?
Luther: I don't know. ...but not enough.

DoD: We need more funding.
Luther: You've got too much!

I am moving on. Peace.
Luther loves to play his games. He should try this one.

Trump%252C+The+Game+7.jpg

Sounds like you should replenish 20% per year then.

The few PPE shortages have been limited and short in duration. Almost all reporting I've seen is anecdotal and other reporting shows the same places with PPE shortages long before this situation.

PPE is a facility then local then state then Federal responsibility yet the only criticism leveled is against the Federal level. Makes you wonder about the motivation of the criticism.
Gaetz calls for end to NIH grant to Wuhan virology lab, says it can be done with 'stroke of a pen'

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., called on Health & Human Services Secretary Alex Azar Tuesday to cease funding a research grant to the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China, telling "Tucker Carlson Tonight" the action could be accomplished "with the stroke of a pen."

"I'm against funding Chinese research in our country, but I'm sure against funding it in China," Gaetz said. "The NIH [National Institutes of Health] gives a $3.7 million grant to the Wuhan Institute of Virology [and] they then advertise that they need coronavirus researchers and following that, coronavirus erupts in Wuhan."

The Mail on Sunday newspaper in the U.K. reported over the weekend that the Wuhan institute "undertook coronavirus experiments on mammals captured more than 1,000 miles away ... funded by a $3.7 million grant from the US [sic] government."​
The paper also reported that the research results were published in November 2017, but the NIH "continues to license the laboratory to receive American money for experiments."​
"What's really troubling to me is either conspicuously or miraculously the Wuhan Institute of Virology is able to sequence the virus on January 2 but China doesn't admit to the virus existing until January 9 and then the Wuhan Institute of Virology doesn't release this important scientific information to the world until January 12," Gaetz said.​
"So at best, Americans are funding people who are lying to us and at worst, we're funding people who we knew had problems handling pathogens, who then birthed a monster virus onto the world," he added.​

All of this type action including the withholding WHO funding should be tabled until we do a thorough review and have conclusive findings. This is just politicization of the issue.

California mayor says he'll resign after comparing Trump backers to KKK: report

The mayor of a Northern California city said this week that he'll step down after posting social media messages comparing supporters of President Trump to members of the Ku Klux Klan, a report said.

Angry residents in Auburn, about 33 miles northeast of Sacramento, confronted Mayor William Kirby during a city council meeting conducted by video because of coronavirus concerns, FOX 40 of Sacramento reported.

Kirby appeared remorseful as he addressed the council and residents, the report said.

In one of the posts, the mayor -- who is also a physician -- shared a photo of a Ku Klux Klan hood, with the caption, “Good news for Trump supporters is that most of them already have masks,” the report said. The post was later taken down.

The few PPE shortages have been limited and short in duration. Almost all reporting I've seen is anecdotal and other reporting shows the same places with PPE shortages long before this situation.

PPE is a facility then local then state then Federal responsibility yet the only criticism leveled is against the Federal level. Makes you wonder about the motivation of the criticism.

Bruh, Luther says, "Moar".

Why did Obama not get it? Why did Trump not get it?
They may be the more telling variable in the equation.

unfortunately no such assessment can be made from the source you provided. It is decidedly lacking in facts and includes characterizations such as "ultra-conservative Congress".

California mayor says he'll resign after comparing Trump backers to KKK: report

The mayor of a Northern California city said this week that he'll step down after posting social media messages comparing supporters of President Trump to members of the Ku Klux Klan, a report said.

Angry residents in Auburn, about 33 miles northeast of Sacramento, confronted Mayor William Kirby during a city council meeting conducted by video because of coronavirus concerns, FOX 40 of Sacramento reported.

Kirby appeared remorseful as he addressed the council and residents, the report said.

In one of the posts, the mayor -- who is also a physician -- shared a photo of a Ku Klux Klan hood, with the caption, “Good news for Trump supporters is that most of them already have masks,” the report said. The post was later taken down.

He shouldn't have to resign for this if he's sincerely apologetic IMHO.

However, this statement makes me question his judgement

Kirby blamed Trump for his frustration, explaining that as a doctor he now puts his life on the line because of a lack of proper gear and testing capabilities.

“This president has put us all at risk,” Kirby said.

1. I'd like to see evidence he's really short of gear
2. I'd like to know why he excludes himself, the hospital, the gov of California for said lack of gear.

Governor Gretchen Whitmer: Michigan Protesters ‘Endangering People’s Lives’

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer lashed out at the freedom protesters who surrounded the capitol on Wednesday, telling reporters they were “endangering people’s lives.”

Breitbart News reported live from the scene, which featured hundreds of people on the capitol lawn and thousands more in their cars, honking horns, blasting patriotic music, and waving American flags.

Whitmer, whom Joe Biden has said is on his short list for the vice presidential nomination, denounced the protesters, who were calling on her to rescind the onerous restrictions she had placed on the state’s citizens and let them go back to work.

She went on to blame the protesters for further restrictions she may impose in the future.

“So the sad irony here is that the protest is that they don’t like being in this stay home order,” she said, “and they may have just created the need to lengthen it.”

Breitbart News learned a formal recall effort is in the works.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer: Michigan Protesters 'Endangering People's Lives'

He shouldn't have to resign for this if he's sincerely apologetic IMHO.

However, this statement makes me question his judgement

Kirby blamed Trump for his frustration, explaining that as a doctor he now puts his life on the line because of a lack of proper gear and testing capabilities.

“This president has put us all at risk,” Kirby said.

1. I'd like to see evidence he's really short of gear
2. I'd like to know why he excludes himself, the hospital, the gov of California for said lack of gear.
Bham, I assume your college is shut down.

Are you doing Zoom lectures? What does that look like on the professor side? I see it on the student side.

VN Store

Back