Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Michigan Residents Sue Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer over Coronavirus Executive Order

Attorney David Helm is representing four Michigan residents in federal court who are suing Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer over her executive order, arguing that it violates the First and Fifth Amendments of the Constitution.

These residents are arguing that her order to make businesses shut down and ban travel to private homes and freely associate with one another violates the Constitution.

“It’s taking a sledgehammer to an ant,” Helm told WJBK. “We believe it is over-broad and over-reaching. There is a way to do it appropriately without infringing on Constitutional rights like the governor has.”

Gov.-Whitmer-coronavirus-update-032020-27-1-640x480.png

The governor’s press secretary told WJBK that the office is not commenting on pending litigation. Whitmer doubled-down on her stay-at-home order, saying that it was the only way to contain the spread of the virus.

There is a lawsuit also being filed at the state level.

MI Residents Sue Democrat Gov. Whitmer over Coronavirus Order

Michigan Residents Sue Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer over Coronavirus Executive Order

Attorney David Helm is representing four Michigan residents in federal court who are suing Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer over her executive order, arguing that it violates the First and Fifth Amendments of the Constitution.

These residents are arguing that her order to make businesses shut down and ban travel to private homes and freely associate with one another violates the Constitution.

“It’s taking a sledgehammer to an ant,” Helm told WJBK. “We believe it is over-broad and over-reaching. There is a way to do it appropriately without infringing on Constitutional rights like the governor has.”

Gov.-Whitmer-coronavirus-update-032020-27-1-640x480.png

The governor’s press secretary told WJBK that the office is not commenting on pending litigation. Whitmer doubled-down on her stay-at-home order, saying that it was the only way to contain the spread of the virus.

There is a lawsuit also being filed at the state level.

MI Residents Sue Democrat Gov. Whitmer over Coronavirus Order
This lady ruined her political career for the State of Michigan. embarrassing.

SIAP but you gotta wonder why they are doing this. Does it trigger some Federal funding? It seems if we want to really understand the disease implications you don't just add people to the death toll without at least confirming they had the Rona

Bloomberg - Article?

NYC Adds 3,800 Probable Virus Victims to Death Toll

Freddi Goldstein, press secretary to Mayor Bill de Blasio, said Tuesday that the data include at-home deaths of people suspected of having Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. That judgment is based on reported symptoms including cough, fever and shortness of breath.

My understanding is that if the death certificate lists COVID or probable COVID then they are going to count it. Before they only counted if there was also a positive test.

The CDC wants the death certificate to say probable COVID if the examiner thinks it likely was even if there isn’t a test - that is standard procedure. What isn’t clear to me is if the CDC will actually certify these in their official tally.

If no test was given and the person who died was in a home with people that ultimately test positive (in nearby proximity) then I’m definitely ok with it. If it is just - well they had a cough - then I’m not as comfortable for sure.

So in some ways you could say they were being conservative before and not counting deaths that the examiner said were COVID. Or you can say they are liberal now.

My preference would be to track deaths without a positive test (but where COD is listed as COVID) separately in a Probable Deaths category. My even bigger preference would be that they take a test on the deceased or at least collect blood.

California mayor says he'll resign after comparing Trump backers to KKK: report

The mayor of a Northern California city said this week that he'll step down after posting social media messages comparing supporters of President Trump to members of the Ku Klux Klan, a report said.

Angry residents in Auburn, about 33 miles northeast of Sacramento, confronted Mayor William Kirby during a city council meeting conducted by video because of coronavirus concerns, FOX 40 of Sacramento reported.

Kirby appeared remorseful as he addressed the council and residents, the report said.

In one of the posts, the mayor -- who is also a physician -- shared a photo of a Ku Klux Klan hood, with the caption, “Good news for Trump supporters is that most of them already have masks,” the report said. The post was later taken down.

William Kirby is racist?

Four Michigan Sheriffs: We Will Not Enforce Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s Edicts

Four Michigan county sheriffs said in a letter on Wednesday that they will not strictly enforce Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) aggressive stay-at-home orders, emphasizing their oath to “uphold and defend the Michigan Constitution, as well as the U.S. Constitution, and to ensure that your God-given rights are not violated.”

Sheriffs of Michigan’s 101st House District, covering the counties of Manistee, Benzie, Leelanau, and Mason, spoke out against Whitmer’s stringent orders, forbidding residents’ “nonessential” visits to neighbors, friends, or relatives. The order also restricts retailers from selling items deemed “nonessential.” Those include gardening items, furniture, child car seats, and certain home improvement goods.

While the Michigan sheriffs stated that they understand Whitmer’s desire to protect the public, they “question some restrictions that she has imposed as overstepping her executive authority.”

“She has created a vague framework of emergency laws that only confuse Michigan citizens,” they wrote, noting that they will not have “strict enforcement of these orders.” Rather, they will “deal with every case as an individual situation and apply common sense in assessing the apparent violation.”

“Each of us took an oath to uphold and defend the Michigan Constitution, as well as the US Constitution, and to ensure that your God given rights are not violated,” the sheriffs wrote. “We believe that we are the last line of defense in protecting your civil liberties.”

4 Michigan Sheriffs: We Will Not Enforce Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's Edicts

My understanding is that if the death certificate lists COVID or probable COVID then they are going to count it. Before they only counted if there was also a positive test.

The CDC wants the death certificate to say probable COVID if the examiner thinks it likely was even if there isn’t a test - that is standard procedure. What isn’t clear to me is if the CDC will actually certify these in their official tally.

If no test was given and the person who died was in a home with people that ultimately test positive (in nearby proximity) then I’m definitely ok with it. If it is just - well they had a cough - then I’m not as comfortable for sure.

So in some ways you could say they were being conservative before and not counting deaths that the examiner said were COVID. Or you can say they are liberal now.

My preference would be to track deaths without a positive test (but where COD is listed as COVID) separately in a Probable Deaths category. My even bigger preference would be that they take a test on the deceased or at least collect blood.

I get it but from the article it sounds like they are counting it even without any testing.

My bigger beef is that without standards of what should count and what doesn't then you have a lack of reliability in the data regardless of the validity of the measure.

At a minimum the US should adopt standard recording to establish measure reliability.

Luther: It's not enough!!!!
McDad: How much was there?
Luther: I don't know. ...but not enough.

DoD: We need more funding.
Luther: You've got too much!

I am moving on. Peace.
McDad - How much was it?
McDad - How much was it?
McDad - How much was it?
Luther - Look it up if you're that curious.
McDad - I am moving on.
Luther - WTH????

This lady ruined her political career for the State of Michigan. embarrassing.

I’ve felt like she’s led from without vs within this whole time. Led like she knew the cameras were on her and someone was keeping score. She has made multiple wrong turns. It’s off. Few governors have made it so blatantly political.

With that said, there is also a strong Detroit is Detroit and then there is Michigan attitude in a lot of Michigan. It’s bad down there but I think a lot of the state resents any restrictions on them just because it is so bad down there. And there is logic to that. But I never liked the attitude of Detroit vs Michigan.

High school seniors moving to have Obama give a national commencement address for all of those missing their graduations.

I tend to be a stroller - they're all adults
Dateline, Birmingham. Local perverted college faculty professor brought up on obscenity and sexual harassment charges. When the deviant was asked to account for his behavior, he said, "they're all adults". As he was dragged away in handcuffs wearing a tattered bathrobe to an awaiting police cruiser, he was clearly heard repeating, "that's...just...like...your opinion, man".

Last edited:
WHO Chief Said In February Coronavirus Could Be ‘Controlled Easily’ And Praised Xi Jinping’s ‘Personal Leadership’

• World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus praised Chinese President Xi Jinping’s “personal leadership” during an early February speech before the WHO executive board.
  • There were 151 confirmed coronavirus cases outside China at the time Tedros delivered his speech on Feb. 3, a number he said would have been “very much higher” had it not been for “China’s efforts.”
World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a speech in early February that the spread of coronavirus outside China could be “controlled easily” thanks, in part, to the Chinese government’s efforts to contain the virus.

Tedros-Xi-Jinping-e1586989049868.jpg

Tedros made the claim during a speech before the WHO executive board on Feb. 3, a week after he had met in person with Chinese President Xi Jinping. At the time of his speech, there were 151 confirmed coronavirus cases and one death outside of China.

WHO Chief Said In February Coronavirus Could Be ‘Controlled Easily’ And Praised Xi Jinping’s ‘Personal Leadership’

VN Store

Back