Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Always just a little more. Always.

I don't why I care anymore, to be honest. We spent like drunken sailors. Now we spend like drunken sailors who took over the printing presses. There is no turning back from where we are. After it crashes, Rs will blame Ds and vice versa. "Central Planners" will be elected because "capitalism has failed us". And the dream which was America, will be a nightmare.

I don't know how many of you Vol folks are currently residing in Ohio but our Governor's Director of the Ohio Dept of Health ain't the best. So I looked up a little on her. Dr Amy Acton (used to be Amy Beech). She's never been in private practice. In this article from 2008 they list her as a part time physician and an ardent Obama supporter:

"Ohio's never mattered in the primaries, and we never expected it to drag out this far," says Amy Beech, an Obama volunteer in the Columbus, Ohio, suburb of Bexley. "There really was no infrastructure, and now it's all over the place – within three weeks we have this million-[person] door-knocking campaign."

For her part, the 42-year-old mother of three and part-time physician has spent the last couple of months building up her network of local Obama supports using an e-mail group she created on my.BarackObama.com called "Bexley, Yes We Can!" She says the group has between 40 and 50 members. Beech also maintains a separate e-mail list of friends, family and acquaintances with about 150 names. Her 16-year-old son Jacob works in tandem with her to publicize the campaign events using Facebook.

Inside Obama's Surging Net-Roots Campaign

After graduating from medical school she stays in school to get her master's in public health and then gets a job teaching at Ohio State.

A curious hire for a Republican Governor to say the least.

I fun drinking game would be to take a swig during her press conferences every time she says "um".

Reactions: tennvols77
If this woman was a Republican the media would be losing their mind - talk about crazy looking

zumaamericastwentyseven251597-800x450.jpg
Didn’t I see her in Men in Black back in 02?
1587001942685.jpeg

Reactions: vols40
WHO Chief Said In February Coronavirus Could Be ‘Controlled Easily’ And Praised Xi Jinping’s ‘Personal Leadership’

• World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus praised Chinese President Xi Jinping’s “personal leadership” during an early February speech before the WHO executive board.
  • There were 151 confirmed coronavirus cases outside China at the time Tedros delivered his speech on Feb. 3, a number he said would have been “very much higher” had it not been for “China’s efforts.”
World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a speech in early February that the spread of coronavirus outside China could be “controlled easily” thanks, in part, to the Chinese government’s efforts to contain the virus.

Tedros-Xi-Jinping-e1586989049868.jpg

Tedros made the claim during a speech before the WHO executive board on Feb. 3, a week after he had met in person with Chinese President Xi Jinping. At the time of his speech, there were 151 confirmed coronavirus cases and one death outside of China.

WHO Chief Said In February Coronavirus Could Be ‘Controlled Easily’ And Praised Xi Jinping’s ‘Personal Leadership’
That's exactly what Trump said.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Weed Up, Hoes Down in Whitmer’s Michigan

Critics say Democratic governor's stay-at-home Order is Arbitrary and favors big businesses

Michigan's Democratic governor Gretchen Whitmer is facing bipartisan criticism of a stay-at-home order that shuttered gardening stores but deemed marijuana dispensaries and lottery ticket vendors "essential" to coping with the coronavirus.

Business owners are criticizing Whitmer's executive order, which went into effect April 9, as overly restrictive. While the governor has developed a national profile during the pandemic thanks in part to a feud with President Donald Trump, her critics point to the order's practical inconsistencies. The order allows for the in-person sale of alcohol and lottery tickets, as well as curbside sales of marijuana, but forcibly closes local businesses selling hardware supplies and gardening seeds, which critics argue allow residents to be more self-sufficient. The policy even extended to the inside of grocery and department stores deemed essential, as businesses roped off "nonessential" sections to comply with the governor's order.

The backlash comes in the midst of the governor's semi-public audition for a slot on the Democratic presidential ticket. After a March feud with President Trump, outlets from Politico to NBC News and the New York Times have praised Whitmer's leadership during the pandemic.​

Whitmer has embraced the national spotlight, making an April appearance on Comedy Central's The Daily Show sporting a "That woman from Michigan" t-shirt, a reference to the March 27 coronavirus briefing in which President Trump used the phrase to refer to her. Since then, presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has named Whitmer as a vice presidential contender.​

Whitmer's critics say the governor is politicizing the pandemic in a bid to secure a spot on the presidential ticket. Dr. Ann Marie Sastry, a small business owner and former engineering professor at the University of Michigan, said fellow business leaders are "looking for more than one-liners."​

VN Store

Back