Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Self defense.
There it is. The unspoken but understood angle to this discussion. Groups (mobs) of people who are emotional can be dangerous, unpredictable, and rash. The LA riots left an indelible impression on me. The truck driver, Reginald Dennehy I think, just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was forcibly removed from his truck and a brick was thrown at his head. He was never the same. The video was posted last night in this thread.
If I were caught at the wrong place at the wrong time in a protest...especially with my family in the car...I would keep moving. My first choice would be to avoid the area at any cost. But if that weren't an option, I would not voluntarily remain still.

There it is. The unspoken but understood angle to this discussion. Groups (mobs) of people who are emotional can be dangerous, unpredictable, and rash. The LA riots left an indelible impression on me. The truck driver, Reginald Dennehy I think, just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was forcibly removed from his truck and a brick was thrown at his head. He was never the same. The video was posted last night in this thread.
If I were caught at the wrong place at the wrong time in a protest...especially with my family in the car...I would keep moving. My first choice would be to avoid the area at any cost. But if that weren't an option, I would not voluntarily remain still.

Neither would I.

I get the same feeling in E TN. I started back to work on the 15th. Other than the restuarant issue, things look about 70% busy. Makes me think we havent isolated near as much as I had assumed.

I know we haven’t here , the neighbors had a big party , and brought us over some foodage from the grill . Pork chops , BBQ chicken , potato salad , greens and one of the best strawberry cakes I’ve ever tasted . I think they should isolate more often . Lol

I was one of those people in the " play stupid games with a 2 ton truck win stupid prizes" category.

I mean who's fault is it if you easing along and someone stands in front of your vehicle? You stop and give them a chance to move and they continue to stand in your way and you ease forward slowly? Then what if your car is surrounded by mask wearing thugs brandishing clubs?

This needs some background. Story time???
Someone posted a video on VN of protesters blocking a driveway to a business. I'll try to find it. People were outraged that the truck went forward and the protesters could have been hurt even though they knew he was coming in, they made no attempt to move. It was hotly debated.

In my ICU covid19 bubble, we are steadily testing people who are obviously not covid. It's bordering on ridiculous. The city big Whigs projected we would need 88 vents for just last week at our hospital. We have way under performed (thank God) by 64 vents.
The teams that were put together for coding or intubation covid19 pts have been used once.
Imagine this happening in communities all over the US. The models were wrong from the beginning, They continue to be wrong, time to end the farce.

Are they just testing because they know the government will pay for it and the elective surgery money is not rolling in?

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Someone posted a video on VN of protesters blocking a driveway to a business. I'll try to find it. People were outraged that the truck went forward and the protesters could have been hurt even though they knew he was coming in, they made no attempt to move. It was hotly debated.
You were one of the people who didn't move????

I get the same feeling in E TN. I started back to work on the 15th. Other than the restuarant issue, things look about 70% busy. Makes me think we havent isolated near as much as I had assumed.
I've got a friend that owns a small used car lot. He called yesterday and asked me if I wanted to sign on a lawsuit aimed at the governor. I'm shut down but he's not. He said he technically should be shut down but it's a gray area. I told him no, that before this got any traction that it would be over. I asked him why he was joining the suit if he was open. He said because I'm not supposed to be open. I said when they show up to your place and force you to close then you'll have a lawsuit.

About the discussion yesterday about nursing homes reporting deaths..... Did anyone see where the nursing home where the first covid our break happened in Washington got fined 600,000 dollars....Our regulations are so strict it is almost impossible to be 100% in compliant.... When something bad like this happens.... those regulations are used to fine facilities heavily.....that is why I know that facilities are reporting their deaths to the state health board.

3wza9s.jpg
Actually, it's suicide. If you choose to stay or lay down in front of a moving vehicle, that's on you.

I mean who's fault is it if you easing along and someone stands in front of your vehicle? You stop and give them a chance to move and they continue to stand in your way and you ease forward slowly? Then what if your car is surrounded by mask wearing thugs brandishing clubs?

Never stop rolling , just keep pushing forward . They will move . I would never do like some bullhaulers I’ve seen do to vegan protesters at a meat packing plants or what some hands do at picket lines . They come off the road and never slow down .( that’s not me ) . I would pull up , give a couple horn pulls.. then just move forward . On a personal note .. I’ve never crossed a picket line , not my thing . That’s between the company and the workers to figure out .

Last edited:
Reactions: NCFisher
China was not. The WHO underestimated it, but there is no evidence to suggest it was intentional.

Unfortunately for you slurpers, the facts is that notwithstanding those shortcomings by others, the administration was REPEATEDLY told by others, including within Trump's orbit of advisers, the truth about the spread of the virus. The alarm was raised very seriously and more than a few times.

But Trump and his team did not want to hear it. They ignored it and downplayed it. A combination of 18th century religious thinking about science and not wanting to burden the economy costs months of preparation on the front end. People died due to Trump and his team's incompetence. Exactly how many is not known right now. But its a lot of people and the tally due to his poor judgment is growing every day.

Who was incompetent on Trumps team?

I've got a friend that owns a small used car lot. He called yesterday and asked me if I wanted to sign on a lawsuit aimed at the governor. I'm shut down but he's not. He said he technically should be shut down but it's a gray area. I told him no, that before this got any traction that it would be over. I asked him why he was joining the suit if he was open. He said because I'm not supposed to be open. I said when they show up to your place and force you to close then you'll have a lawsuit.

Suing big dummy Bill is a waste of time and money, people should concentrate their efforts on defeating him in the R primary come 2022.

Are they just testing because they know the government will pay for it and the elective surgery money is not rolling in?
When you have someone who clearly has a condition we treat everyday and they send a test anyway, I'd have to say yes. I've caught 5 in the last 2 days that didn't qualify. CHF, pericardial hematoma, cancer progression x2 and a GI bleed. Clear cut not covid related. I either have to believe the ER doc failed the differential diagnosis portion of his expensive degree or its for financial gain.

About the discussion yesterday about nursing homes reporting deaths..... Did anyone see where the nursing home where the first covid our break happened in Washington got fined 600,000 dollars....Our regulations are so strict it is almost impossible to be 100% in compliant.... When something bad like this happens.... those regulations are used to fine facilities heavily.....that is why I know that facilities are reporting their deaths to the state health board.

The people who run that nursing home here in Gallatin should be heading to prison, to hell with fines.

Reactions: McDad

Yes, just as poor people are irrationally held as morally better people simply because of their poverty, protesters assume a moral right to unlawfully detain you in place.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
He knew exactly what to do, consult the experts in the field who are there for that express purpose. That's what he did, that's what presidents do. You can insert any president in this slot at this time and you'd have exactly this outcome.

Unless it was a Democrat; since they uniformly opposed the travel ban/quarantine, and well as suspending visas, it would have been worse.
He was flailing around like a fish out of water. Democrats are a non factor every decision and move was his. He's the boss.

If you cant define what and when was the right thing to do, then how do you determine it wasnt done?
Because we are where we are. That alone shows he was too late. Claiming it is under control shows he knew about it but really did nothing.

VN Store

Back