Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I think many are making far too much of testing. I do not believe testing is a major component of reopening. First of all by far, most tests come back negative, maybe a factor of 8:1. Secondly all it tells you is whether you're infected as of that moment. By tomorrow you may be infected. Thirdly there is a cost to this. Who'll pay for the test itself, who'll pay for the labwork? We cannot test all 330 million people, nor should we. We need to get back to work regardless of testing

Really? Nobody really cares if they are working in close quarters next to someone with COVID? How could it help to know? I mean employers don't really care, must less the employees right? Shutting down facilities with 1000 employees is just unavoidable and testing couldn't make a difference...

Reactions: Purple Tiger
If the work is wrong or they lie about the work / results .. why would keep paying for false reporting ? If you hire a roofer because you have a leak and he works on the opposite corner of your roof then hands you a bill swearing it’s not coming from the corner they didn’t work on ... do you still keep paying him ?

Oh, I'm sorry, I suppose they are supposed to be infallible, and ignore the best information they had available. What has the WHO ever done for the world, all they do is relay Chinese propaganda, right?

So if we elect a president who fixes the leak on the west side of the house, and later determines the bigger problem was on the east side of the house, do we keep him?

Oh, I'm sorry, I suppose they are supposed to be infallible, and ignore the best information they had available. What has the WHO ever done for the world, all they do is relay Chinese propaganda, right?

So if we elect a president who fixes the leak on the west side of the house, and later determines the bigger problem was on the east side of the house, do we keep him?

Would you expect your roofers to be infallible and experts at doing their jobs ? I mean that is why you pay them right ? Don’t get me wrong , I feel the same way about the CDC and the FDA . Hell there’s probably not an extremely well funded government program that I don’t fell that way about .

OK, so he says many are gone for good. Then why send $2K checks to the other 95% of Americans? How does that math work?

Political math .. the country and its citizens are hurting because everything is shut down . Politicians .. well that’s not a problem , here you go Kennedy center , oh and by the way heres $ 1200 to get the rest of you by until we get back off of our vacation. 😂

Would you expect your roofers to be infallible and experts at doing their jobs ? I mean that is why you pay them right ?

Yes, I see... so the WHO is an entity which relies on reporting from different countries of the world. But if the reports are wrong, we should shut down the whole organization.

How does this apply to a president? If they were to rely on reporting from countries or trusted advisors, and were to relay bad info, what is the remedy?

Really? Nobody really cares if they are working in close quarters next to someone with COVID? How could it help to know? I mean employers don't really care, must less the employees right? Shutting down facilities with 1000 employees is just unavoidable and testing couldn't make a difference...

You don't know if the fellow next to you is contagious with or w/o a test. He could test negative one day but the day the results come back he could be positive. You're putting way too much into the value of a test

What other jobs, Swami?

If he is claiming jobs that will never come back as in Joe's Pizza closed permanently and thus the waitress job there literally never comes back, then it come back when a new person decides to open a restaurant.

If he is claiming jobs that will never come back as in the idea that restaurants will never staff again because behavior has forever changed. Then new ideas will emerge based on satisfying the wants of customers and those new ideas will create staffing requirements that replace the now extinct or highly diminished occupations.

Or you prefer doomsday philosphy?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
You don't know if the fellow next to you is contagious with or w/o a test. He could test negative one day but the day the results come back he could be positive. You're putting way too much into the value of a test

15 minute tests are the "new" thing. But sure... nobody cares about tests. No way they could be helpful. What was Trump thinking, promising hundreds of millions of tests. Just more ignorance, I guess.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
If he is claiming jobs that will never come back as in Joe's Pizza closed permanently and thus the waitress job there literally never comes back, then it come back when a new person decides to open a restaurant.

If he is claiming jobs that will never come back as in the idea that restaurants will never staff again because behavior has forever changed. Then new ideas will emerge based on satisfying the wants of customers and those new ideas will create staffing requirements that replace the now extinct or highly diminished occupations.

Or you prefer doomsday philosphy?

I prefer you answer my question.

Yes, I see... so the WHO is an entity which relies on reporting from different countries of the world. But if the reports are wrong, we should shut it down the whole organization.

How does this apply to a president? If they were to rely on reporting from countries or trusted advisors, and were to relay bad info, what is the remedy?

Did Trump say we should shut it down or did he say hold up the funding until their process can be looked into ? I’m the one saying it should be defended by the US , we pay the lionshare just like we do with most of the worlds little elite organizations . I applaud China and any other country that wants to “ step up “ and full that gap in funding .. they should already be doing that . How does this apply to a president that has to be voted on every 4 years ? 🤔

Did Trump say we should shut it down or did he say hold up the funding until their process can be looked into ? I’m the one saying it should be defended by the US , we pay the lionshare just like we do with most of the worlds little elite organizations . I applaud China and any other country that wants to “ step up “ and full that gap in funding .. they should already be doing that . How does this apply to a president that has to be voted on every 4 years ? 🤔

Well... we do have Kushner taking point, on our behalf, until the changes we want to see are in place. Is he a candidate to head the WHO? What are your thoughts on him being the right fit?

Fox.......lol.......Misinform and then quietly apologize later.
Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Drew: Fox News keeps inviting TV doctors on air who say crazy things - CNN

Oz did not respond to requests for comment from CNN. But on Thursday, facing significant criticism, he released a video on Twitter in which he said he "misspoke."

In a video posted online Friday afternoon, McGraw (Dr. Phil) apologized and acknowledged his errors.

"My early comments equating coronavirus with influenza were wrong," Pinsky (DR. Drew) said in an April 5 video posted to Twitter. "They were incorrect...and I want to apologize for that. I wish I had gotten it right, but I got it wrong."

Last edited:
Reactions: Septic and OHvol40
Democrats ..... the Party of China. If this were Pearl Harbor, Schiff for brains, would blame this on FDR .....
If this were D-Day ........ Schiff for brains, would be asking "Why are we being so mean to Hitler?"

Adam Schiff Begs Trump to Stop Blaming China and the WHO for the Wuhan Coronavirus Pandemic

If this were D-Day, each state would be responsible for acquiring their own boats and we would have 50 different strategies to attack 50 different beaches. Trump would be giving them the “most beautiful, strong support” possible.

VN Store

Back