Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Both NGV and I have had something recently . No fever , actually both our temps were lower than normal , I didn’t / don’t have a cough but zero energy , all either of us wanted to do is sleep and every joint in my body just aches . Crusty eyes every time I wake up etc . Looks like both are going to run it’s course from a week to 10 days also . I’m starting to feel better and it’s been a week . Have no idea what it is/ was could be anything from a bad cold to Parvo . I just know I’m glad it’s finally letting up . Lol

Mono

Who ya been kissing?

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I’ve changed my mind on something you and I used to disagree. Competitive advantage vs protectionism. My opinion was “if they can make it cheaper, let them”. Yours was “if they control American industry, it puts us all at risk” (going off memory, let me know if I misrepresent). You were correct. I say we cut them off completely like we did Cuba.

I've always thought it was a national defense issue and I think this is a good example of why.

Several tables ( card table size ) I doubt the whole complex is there . Usually 6-10 people around the game . I don’t know where any trailer parks are around here . But if I find one I’d guess either corn hole , drinking , cards . Don’t try and deflect from what I said ... I’m betting these people are not Trump supporters
Are they protesting or are they at home?

“I was real sick back in 2002, I mean real sick. That’s proof that the virus was here way earlier than everyone thought, and I, too, am a survivor.”

How some people sound on here/my Facebook feed

I have zero doubt that there is a lot of stupidity on your facebook feed.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I've always thought it was a national defense issue and I think this is a good example of why.
That's definitely got to be a take away from all of this. What China seemingly did to the PPE market exposed a major weakness.

Reactions: hog88
LOL, So stupid, Someone doesn't have to come into your home to spread the virus. Are you familiar with the term "Community spread"? Do you even know how the virus spread, because you don't seem to?

So exactly how would you get the virus if you stayed in your house and didn't let anyone in?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Exactly.... the minute the Chinese threatened to withhold drugs the US should have started initiating plans to get that industry back in the US or at the very least Mexico. To hell with China

We are learning there is a price to pay for willingly being in bed with evil regimes.

You do realize you keep your friends close and your enemies closer, correct?
Only an idiot would not stay up to date on what his/her opponent was doing. And CNN and the NYT are the enemy of all moderates and conservatives.
And yet as has been proven time after time, CNN and the NYT are a lot more honest, accurate, and close to center than is Fox.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Had to go to Lowe’s late last week and was shocked to see that they had stopped limiting the number of people in the store and none of their employees were gloves or masked. I asked the self checkout attendant what was going on and she said “we had a meeting this morning and President Trump says we don’t have to do that anymore”.

People are stupid.

Lowes here in Gallatin never did limit the amount of people inside the store. They did limit the amount of people in the outside garden area, you had to go inside and stand in line to go outside to the garden area, smart.

Reactions: LouderVol
So exactly how would you get the virus if you stayed in your house and didn't let anyone in?
They still go to the grocery store, There are no orders saying a person can't do that. Are you saying at risk people should stay home because Trump's minions refuse to?

I've seen this question a million times, and no one answers it. It's a simple matter of where responsibility should be placed.

Marie is a school teacher. Her elderly father, Charles, lives at her home. Marie does not want to return to the classroom because one of the children may bring in the virus and expose her. In turn, she may return home and expose Charles, who is quite vulnerable.

Choice 1: Charles is isolated within the house and does not have contact with Marie or the family, outside of their no contact delivery of supplies that have been sanitized as best possible. Marie continues to teach.
Choice 2: Marie leaves her teaching job and finds employment that has less risk for exposing Charles, maybe an online school teacher for a virtual academy. Charles remains somewhat isolated within the family home. Any other family members take necessary precautions.
Choice 3: We all sit at home so Marie doesn't have to return to work and possibly expose Charles to the virus.

Choice 1 affects 1 person. Choice 2 affects 2 people (or however many are within the household). Choice 3 affects most everyone. Why is it selfish (or whatever insult those arguing for this want to hurl) to want to utilize the choice that affects the least amount of people, and only affects those choosing to take the least amount of risk? I've yet to see anyone give that answer, other than parroting that it's our responsibility to facilitate Marie and Charles' choice to take no risk.

Reactions: rjd970 and hog88
Lowes here in Gallatin never did limit the amount of people inside the store. They did limit the amount of people in the outside garden area, you had to go inside and stand in line to go outside to the garden area, smart.
It blows my mind how many illogical measures have been mandated. It's like the virus attacks the lungs and critical thinking skills.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back