Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Unfortunately just because you're not the one flying, doesn't mean it doesn't impact your wallet. For several years I was flying monthly if not weekly providing a service to businesses helping them reduce their operating costs. Without the airlines, there would either need to be more of me, or fewer of them (and since my company loves those profits, it was much more profitable for them to pay for an airline ticket for me)
You probably spend money with many of those company or their customers on a monthly basis so yes, if the airlines go broke, or reduce their availability (and the one remaining will be able to increase their rates) it will impact your life.
Well look at it this way. If the airlines get bailed out the shareholders and banks keep their money and taxpayer money is printed to keep them whole. If they file bankruptcy the shareholders and banks lose their money and own a bunch of stuff they don't want. There is no easy solution, but having taxpayers bailout companies is not how capitalism was meant to operate.

He hasn’t done daily press briefings, but it feels like he’s done a ton of impromptu press Q&As.
He still seems to prefer twitter or very sympathetic audiences. Honestly this is the most I've seen of him and I understand why. Some are good in front of people unscripted and some are just not

I'm sure they have lost 95% of their business, maybe more. I'm sure they're hurting and they employ a lot of people, but I don't feel that since they last filed for bankruptcy 10-12 years ago that the taxpayer should bail their sorry asses out when the blew their profits buying back stock and awarding bonuses to the executive branch while sticking their middle finger up at the flying public. The airline stock holders need to feel this pain and only them.
VS, this could be an opportunity for us we could trade our F150s for a jet. We could thumb our noses at those who used to laugh at us for driving Chevettes.

Reactions: VolStrom
Well look at it this way. If the airlines get bailed out the shareholders and banks keep their money and taxpayer money is printed to keep them whole. If they file bankruptcy the shareholders and banks lose their money and own a bunch of stuff they don't want. There is no easy solution, but having taxpayers bailout companies is not how capitalism was meant to operate.
With this I agree. At the same time shutting things down appears to have stymied some of the health risks. The airlines could have bucked up, refused to comply and been taking students to the beaches but we know that the bailout money kept them in line. I have no doubt that even with the money there will be airline casualties and it'll be a while after all the other stocks have recovered before the airline stocks do so there will be pain.
I suspect we both agree that E Suite pay had better take a hit or there will be some targeted taxes and regulations.

He still seems to prefer twitter or very sympathetic audiences. Honestly this is the most I've seen of him and I understand why. Some are good in front of people unscripted and some are just not
...and then there’s the third category: people who aren’t good in front of a room but unfortunately think they are.

If you are being oppressed and violated you should file a suit with the DOJ for civil rights violations. You can get forms free at any federal courthouse. I believe the DOJ will even mail them to you. If you're not willing to do that or it's too much trouble you probably do not have a real problem. Of course you can organize and protest and I support that but you shouldn't inconvenience other people while you are doing it.
I have been in contact with the elected officials weekly. Kemp's office was nice enough to respond with a fill in the blank response. Mayor lance bottoms was just a link to their FAQ page.

Just because I am not literally up in arms doesnt mean anything.

With this I agree. At the same time shutting things down appears to have stymied some of the health risks. The airlines could have bucked up, refused to comply and been taking students to the beaches but we know that the bailout money kept them in line. I have no doubt that even with the money there will be airline casualties and it'll be a while after all the other stocks have recovered before the airline stocks do so there will be pain.
I suspect we both agree that E Suite pay had better take a hit or there will be some targeted taxes and regulations.

Here's to hoping that one is Frontier Airlines

Reactions: Wireless1
Hypocrisy is when a knucklehead Trump Supporter like Mark Levin calls out the MSM regarding free speech yet he supports a President who makes every effort to suppress the 1st Amendment (free speech/free press) every chance he gets because his ego can't handle criticism.. Levin is the hypocrite.
Attacking the wrong President for suppression of the press. Obama was the one who spied on and had press jailed. How conveniently some forget.

I'm sure they have lost 95% of their business, maybe more. I'm sure they're hurting and they employ a lot of people, but I don't feel that since they last filed for bankruptcy 10-12 years ago that the taxpayer should bail their sorry asses out when the blew their profits buying back stock and awarding bonuses to the executive branch while sticking their middle finger up at the flying public. The airline stock holders need to feel this pain and only them.
There is a great misconception that the airlines make tons of profits. They don't. They have been in the black the last few years but suddenly grounding over 75% of your fleet will eat what little profits that they were making. A lot of those profits were used to pay back loans that they still owed even though they filed. Filing bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean that you no longer owe anyone anything. The airline business in this country is far bigger than the auto industry. I don't think that your depiction of sticking up their middle finger at the public is as true as you believe. JMO.

I know you appreciate the airlines more than some but you guys have NO CLUE how bad this has hurt that segment of our economy. I'm telling you, the airlines are bigger than the auto industry, much bigger. When the flights stop people 3 and 4 tiers deep lose their jobs.

Reactions: Wireless1
There is a great misconception that the airlines make tons of profits. They don't. They have been in the black the last few years but suddenly grounding over 75% of your fleet will eat what little profits that they were making. A lot of those profits were used to pay back loans that they still owed even though they filed. Filing bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean that you no longer owe anyone anything. The airline business in this country is far bigger than the auto industry. I don't think that your depiction of sticking up their middle finger at the public is as true as you believe. JMO.
I won't argue about anything you've said, but I never said they make tons of profits. What I did say is that they spent most of their profits on stock buy backs and executive compensation and I'll stick by that. Had they taken their money and put it aside they wouldn't be in such dire straights right now.
Airlines are run by complete idiots because that business is a disaster away from financial ruin. A volcano, a war, a pandemic and they're ruined because they have no financial reserves since they spent them all on rewarding shareholders.

I won't argue about anything you've said, but I never said they make tons of profits. What I did say is that they spent most of their profits on stock buy backs and executive compensation and I'll stick by that. Had they taken their money and put it aside they wouldn't be in such dire straights right now.
Airlines are run by complete idiots because that business is a disaster away from financial ruin. A volcano, a war, a pandemic and they're ruined because they have no financial reserves since they spent them all on rewarding shareholders.
Ever think that the stock buybacks were getting out of debt? Probably directed by their reorganization filings? I'm not in favor of high exec bonuses during those times but I don't think that even with those bonuses they could have stayed solvent during this issue. Once again, you can say let them die off and the hardiest survive but you need to understand the depth that earthquake would go. Really understand it.

VN Store

Back