Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Lol. He isnt forcing them to open. What a crap argument. There just wont be a government mandated shutdown. That doesnt mean there is a government mandated opening.
but if there is no government shut down, and he has eased restrictions....they can not apply for federal aid.

Gin and Tonic was born out of the British trying to make their malaria medicine taste better.

half and half was born from a British ritual too. Throwing the bed bowl out the the bedroom window every morning with the proclamation afs’s me wife’s and afs’s me own

I'm just curious if they have some belief that this is dying down in 4 weeks.
at this point it just looks like they are reacting and not making actual predictions. Seems like they are more worried about looking right than trusting their own process.

I think they will get the number pretty close in the end, but after a lot more adjustments. They are playing the game.

Reactions: allvol123 and McDad
Your gonna get crickets on this one.
I did. Deafening crickets. In PT's defense, I get it. The conversation I engaged is not fun for anybody (not just PT).

We are at a point where those who want to continue the shelter at home demand more money be given out. Okay...at what point do we run out of money (if ever)? It is easy to kill the other person's sacred cow to pump funds into the economy, when will those who want to continue to shelter be willing to kill their own cow? How much more money can we pump until the farm goes bankrupt?

See? These questions aren't fun to argue about.

Reactions: hog88
Hows that? Atlanta, Albany, and Savannah should keep doing what they have been doing since they are the hotspots here.
Numbers show the statewide spike was around 4/14 but people are citing other metrics and even trying to sell a second spike. Atlanta Mayor called out the Macon Mayor for doing nothing in a hotspot.... it’s not a hotspot. People on both sides are grabbing whatever stat fits their perspective.

Calling people who are pushing back on government overreach sheep seems inaccurate. Especially when the arguer wants them to listen to the government telling them they cant buy seeds or earn wages or whatever the individual state restrictions are.
There're people so anti government all it takes is a whisper of government overreach for them to protest in the streets. Common sense would tell you not to do that during a pandemic but, as always, common sense takes a backseat to idiocy with those people.

Reactions: PointGuard
There're people so anti government all it takes is a whisper of government overreach for them to protest in the streets. Common sense would tell you not to do that during a pandemic but, as always, common sense takes a backseat to idiocy with those people.

I guess we should have just halted the revolution during the smallpox epidemic of 1775?

It was implied that the people getting riled up by memes that are started and shared through social media are the sheep. The memes calling for individuals to gather in large groups to protest the government asking them to shelter at home to slow down the spread of a deadly virus. At this point in time, it is the duty of the government to take care of the citizens. It is not a handout, they are giving us back the taxes that we pay, every year. No one should be forced to choose between providing for their family and death, however small or large that percentage is.
No one should be forced to close their business by the government and watch their lifes work go down the drain without compensation. No one should have their rights of assembly taken away. Just because you are too chicken **** to fight for your natural rights, doesnt mean others should stand down. I celebrate the folks demonstrating. It shows the government present and future that Americans arent as easily manipulated by fear. It shows that government overreach will be met with friction and it shows that people are willing to fight for it. Good for them.

The daily body count is definitely fueling a portion of the hysteria. The general public doesn’t understand or have a stomach for statistics.
They are fine with it until they are told to not be fine with it. Plenty of "acceptable" deaths that dont cause an uproar.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back