Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

They won’t let us go to work, games and such but New York City is absolutely jamming essential workers into subway cars.
Not since the Nazi trains to concentration camps have so many people been herded onto trains by government officials to a certain death all for the good of society.

Reactions: hog88
don't go to the ballgame.
change clothes and wipe yourself down before seeing her.
wear a mask and gloves
see her from a distance of 6 feet.
facetime or skype with her.
call her on the phone.

Dude, all of that is completely unreasonable. Everybody should have their lives come to a halt and the economy stopped so Mick can visit his mother.

Heartless SOB!

So irresponsible of you to say that. I have a mother I like visit and I don't want her to die because I went to a ballgame. Priorities.
Speaking of priorities, you want everyone else to take up the responsibility of protecting other people but cant take up your own responsibility of taking care of your elderly mother by staying away. That's something else, Mick.

So they're saying between 24000 and 62000 died from the flu? And you want me to trust your numbers with Covid?
This past flu season, which lasted from Oct. 1 to April 4, saw between 410,000 to 740,000 hospitalizations and between 24,000 to 62,000 deaths from the illness
thats what I thought reading that article - glad someone else noticed

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So the grocery stores are not hiring? You can go get a job if you want but that's not the type job you want. The adult decision would be to take that job.
Thanks but I have a good job. Unfortunately my job relies on a bunch of other people being allowed to do theirs. Let them make that adult decision too

Our only enemy is the virus at this point in history. I'm sure they had a solid grasp of smallpox in 1775.

They knew it was killing far more people than this virus is and yet they valued their freedom more than their safety.

I'm with you on parts of this but not others.

Looking for CV, testing more, and then counting those positive cases as deaths doesn't make CV numbers somehow worse than flu numbers. And you agree that the non-CV deaths shortly after a person tests positive for CV are going to be a small contribution to the total. So that isn't going to skew them. If the probable deaths were a big part of the total (let's say 20%), then I personally get more concerned about that. 10% or so is not that bad - but I've always taken the stance that I'd rather see the probable deaths where there was no test given placed in a separate category.

My comments about flu were not intended to try to discredit the flu death estimates. But rather, to ask why are we holding that up as a standard for CV? We have given as many CV tests in 6 weeks as we give in a flu season. Of course we also know there are a ton of people told to stay at home and don't come in for a test. And some of those also happen to be dying. But point is we are testing hard and trying to identify the CV cases and if those people die we are tracking that. Unless you are arguing that we are manufacturing positive tests so that in case those people happen to die of some other condition over the next few weeks we can get a paycheck at a certain hospital, then I'm not tracking with how this leaves us with an untrustworthy CV death number (was this payment in the stimulus bill or where does it come from? I hear about it on here all the time but have never read where the statute exists for the payment) - particularly when a modeled flu number that isn't as aggressively tested for is held up against it as a standard.

As to the bolded...here is my point...How many people who tested positive for the Flu this season died, of anything? I bet it is a lot more than 9K...and admittedly, that is based on opinion and reasonable guessing.

I'm not saying we are manufacturing positive tests...but I think we are manufacturing deaths by looking for positive tests. It would be really interesting to see if we were just as aggressive about testing and looking for Flu or cold deaths if it would be that materially different than CV. How can you not say we are a lot more liberal about counting CV deaths compared to Flu deaths?

Speaking of priorities, you want everyone else to take up the responsibility of protecting other people but cant take up your own responsibility of taking care of your elderly mother by staying away. That's something else, Mick.
Dude someone has to take her groceries, take her to physical rehab because she had surgery after a fall.

Thanks but I have a good job. Unfortunately my job relies on a bunch of other people being allowed to do theirs. Let them make that adult decision too
Yeah found out on the fabricators down here is at the edge of shutting down since demand is so low. We are literally his only job right now. He told us a month ago he was still turning away work due to too much demand. Now he cant get any work. Worst swing he has ever seen.

As to the bolded...here is my point...How many people who tested positive for the Flu this season died, of anything? I bet it is a lot more than 9K...and admittedly, that is based on opinion and reasonable guessing.

I'm not saying we are manufacturing positive tests...but I think we are manufacturing deaths by looking for positive tests. It would be really interesting to see if we were just as aggressive about testing and looking for Flu or cold deaths if it would be that materially different than CV. How can you not say we are a lot more liberal about counting CV deaths compared to Flu deaths?
New York arbitrarily added thousands of deaths to their count for people who “probably” died of COVID at home.

Was it I don't understand government. Based on what?

Based on you thinking the government would ever pass a "stimulus" bill without including the people that have the lawmakers in their pocket. You clamor for more stimulus money without acknowledging that there will always be fraud and crony payoffs in the process.

Based on you thinking the government would ever pass a "stimulus" bill without including the people that have the lawmakers in their pocket. You clamor for more stimulus money without acknowledging that there will always be fraud and crony payoffs in the process.

I never said I believed in anything other than the idea that people, not businesses, need another round of assistance.

Yeah found out on the fabricators down here is at the edge of shutting down since demand is so low. We are literally his only job right now. He told us a month ago he was still turning away work due to too much demand. Now he cant get any work. Worst swing he has ever seen.
We have customers and whole warehouses shut down because they're deemed non essential. Thankfully we have enough essential business to maintain right now but it won't prop us up forever.

VN Store

Back