Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

So the grocery stores are not hiring? You can go get a job if you want but that's not the type job you want. The adult decision would be to take that job.
Interesting take, we should tell more freeloaders this who are overloading the welfare system and taking away benefits from people like your disabled, elderly mother. Don't you agree? I mean everyone tore Trumps ass up for wanting to overhaul the system and force people back to work but thats racist, right?

Looks like YOU have to make a decision to not go to a ball game, wash your hands constantly, wear a mask, etc. Your life requirements shouldn't restrict others livelihood.

197.gif

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Perhaps a person who takes care of their elderly parent should just change their routine instead of demanding that everybody else do so.

Heart disease kills around 800k a year, car crashes 40k. Couldnt find specifics on heart attacks per day. But if you assume 100k die from heart attacks of the 800k, that's 273 a day, plus another 90 from car crashes.

Sorry, that was somewhat rhetorical because I've already gone through the calculations. When you sum up all these death rates for the standard population, they mean that you have maybe a 1% chance of dying of a non-CV reason after getting a positive test.

Math for the categories you list:

Let's just use the full heart disease. 2200/day from heart disease. That's 0.69 per 100,000 per day. So over a three week period, you have about a 14.4 / 100,000 people chance of dying of heart disease. We have about 25,000-30,000 confirmed cases a day and about 1,800-2000 deaths per day from that tested population. So, (14.4 / 100 k)*(30k) = 4.3 deaths per day vs. 1800-2000 deaths per day.

Sum all of the various reasons people die and you don't get up over 1% of the deaths recorded for the general population.

As I was saying initially - if you are only testing really sick people (those 65+ with heart disease) then it would make this math different because it isn't representative of the general population. And I am willing to bet that there is elevated testing of at-risk groups. But it also isn't right to say that all of the 30,000 people a day fall in the highest of high-risk groups either (which is 65+ with heart disease).

the untrustworthy number comes from some hospitals and counties inflating even "unknown" deaths as definite COVID related when they aren't. They are doing this for COVID fed money

But we also know how many of those are probable vs. confirmed when it comes to lab tests. It's about 5000 of the 45000, most from NY.

As to the bolded...here is my point...How many people who tested positive for the Flu this season died, of anything? I bet it is a lot more than 9K...and admittedly, that is based on opinion and reasonable guessing.

I'm not saying we are manufacturing positive tests...but I think we are manufacturing deaths by looking for positive tests. It would be really interesting to see if we were just as aggressive about testing and looking for Flu or cold deaths if it would be that materially different than CV. How can you not say we are a lot more liberal about counting CV deaths compared to Flu deaths?

Within a few weeks of the flu test? Not many.

Also, I'm not certain in the peak of flu season that deaths aren't counted that way. Probably not car accidents, but if the death certificate says flu and heart attack as causes of death, then I bet the CDC ultimately counts that as a confirmed case if there was a positive flu test to back up that COD determination on the death certificate.

He forced me to spit instead of swallow???
tenor.gif

View attachment 272736

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Perhaps a person who takes care of their elderly parent should just change their routine instead of demanding that everybody else do so.
It’s been my experience out and about that the boomers are the worst offenders of the bunch. They will run right up on you, if they have a mask it’s not over their nose, and for whatever reason they feel compelled to come to the store in packs.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back