Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

New York alone has cut it's deaths in half since their peak a week or 2 ago, their worst day was 1100 deaths and yesterday they had 500 deaths. The rest of the county was nowhere near them in deaths per day, so the models based on average are now correct we will see about 67K deaths.
I think yesterday had the most deaths in a single day in the US or close to it.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
I think yesterday had the most deaths in a single day in the US or close to it.
No, that was April 17th
United States Coronavirus: 886,709 Cases and 50,243 Deaths - Worldometer

So we look at places like NY slowing way down while the majority of states are averaging less than 30 deaths a day with those numbers trending downward. It's also important to note again not all of these deaths are cause by COVID so we will never know the true numbers.
IDPH Director explains how Covid deaths are classified
"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined.

No, that was April 17th

So we look at places like NY slowing way down while the majority of states are averaging less than 30 deaths a day with those numbers trending downward. It's also important to note again not all of these deaths are cause by COVID so we will never know the true numbers.
"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined.
Do you think it's wise to use numbers as absolute truth then turn around and throw shade on those numbers? by the reported numbers there were just over a hundred fewer deaths yesterday than the "peak" on april 17th

It is bizarre that Trump wants to stand at a podium before a press contingent and engage in speculation and supposition on subject matter which he is incapable of discussing intelligently. Does he think this makes him look smart? He was rambling and talking out of his butt. That helps absolutely no one.

Its hilarious that his supporters have the nerve to trash Bidens intelligence when this is what they've brought to the table.

No, that was April 17th

Aren't flu deaths classified the same way?

Do you think it's wise to use numbers as absolute truth then turn around and throw shade on those numbers? by the reported numbers there were just over a hundred fewer deaths yesterday than the "peak" on april 17th
Again, look at the second part of my comment. I don't trust these numbers and it's actually pretty disgusting she said that. It's a money grab at this point

Reactions: 0nelilreb
No, that was April 17th

Financial incentives.

Again, look at the second part of my comment. I don't trust these numbers and it's actually pretty disgusting she said that. It's a money grab at this point
The numbers from the random antibodies test of 13+% from NYC are encouraging but herd immunity for this virus is around 65%. They were hit pretty hard in the bigger cities. I wonder what % the other areas have? If it's the same that would be great but it is probably lower.

There is an article in Vanity Fair this morning which seeks to shed some light on the whole Hydroxychloroquine matter... The title of the article is "Really Want to Flood NY and NJ": Internal Documents Reveal Team Trump's Chloroquine Master Plan. I haven't read it yet, but the title really jumps out at you. We will probably be hearing more about this today... as well as Trump's 'disinfectant' brilliance.

The numbers from the random antibodies test of 13+% from NYC are encouraging but herd immunity for this virus is around 65%. They were hit pretty hard in the bigger cities. I wonder what % the other areas have? If it's the same that would be great but it is probably lower.
That's what I'm curious about is how many people have already had it. I'm just anxious for this to end and the political pissing contest to go away over this. I find it really sad our law makers ( President included ) have turned this into a who's right deal

No, I don’t think they are..... if you have the flu and have a heart attack.... then it is not considered a flu related death.... most flu calculations are guesstimates anyways.
It depends on which statistic you are working from. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledges a difference between flu death and flu associated death yet uses the term interchangeably. Additionally, there are significant statistical incompatibilities between official estimates and national vital statistics data. Compounding these problems is a marketing fear - a CDC communications strategy which medical experts "predict dire outcomes" during flu seasons. The CDC website states what has become commonly accepted and widely reported in the scientific press: 36,000 Americans die from the seasonal flu annually. That figure (36,000) results not only from counting flu associated deaths but also from bundling pneumonia with the flu.

Reactions: Mick

VN Store

Back