Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Good god, just admit he's speaking out of his ass AGAIN. Trying to put up his defense is silly. It's sad when Lysol has to put out a press release to try to get ahead of stupid.
I’ve watched the clip. It’s the result of having press conferences everyday. They obviously discussed therapeutic treatments. Yes, he doesn’t have a clue, medically what is going on, but his actual comments (questions actually) aren’t at all what you are saying. UV light does destroy viruses. Disinfectant is a generic term. Hydrogen peroxide is a disinfectant.

I’d be far more concerned with stuff like this.

Trump approved of Georgia's plan to reopen before bashing it
President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence repeatedly told Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp that they approved of his aggressive plan to allow businesses to reopen, just a day before Trump pulled an about-face and publicly bashed the plan, according to two administration officials.

“I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities,” Trump said Wednesday.

Trump is such a spineless liar.

I’ve watched the clip. It’s the result of having press conferences everyday. They obviously discussed therapeutic treatments. Yes, he doesn’t have a clue, medically what is going on, but his actual comments (questions actually) aren’t at all what you are saying. UV light does destroy viruses. Disinfectant is a generic term. Hydrogen peroxide is a disinfectant.

Should we expect them to put out a similar press release too or do you think it's safe to inject?

What world are we living in that the owners of Lysol feel the social responsibility to clarify and to clean up the President of the United States remarks on ingesting or injecting their products as a poor idea?

Every time Trump says something so titanically stupid, you figure he couldn't possible lower the bar.

And.then.he.does.
A world full of stupid people.. This is the same world where people dont look both ways before crossing a street, they dont know how to wash their hands, they think putting bleach in their eyes will brighten them up, and where they drink fish tank cleaner because it has a word in the ingredients they saw on the news..

We are witnessing sensationalized journalism reaching out to the lowest common denominator of human intelligence at its best.

A world full of stupid people.. This is the same world where people dont look both ways before crossing a street, they dont know how to wash their hands, they think putting bleach in their eyes will brighten them up, and where they drink fish tank cleaner because it has a word in the ingredients they saw on the news..

I don't disagree the world (and America) is full of mind numbingly dense people, which is why a careful selection of words from such an influential person to them should be prudent.

Apologies to everyone, I got drunk last night after work. Did Trump make a suggestion to drink Lysol? I haven’t watched the news recently.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The numbers from the random antibodies test of 13+% from NYC are encouraging but herd immunity for this virus is around 65%. They were hit pretty hard in the bigger cities. I wonder what % the other areas have? If it's the same that would be great but it is probably lower.
I dont know why but the herd immunity percentage required is climbing. When it first hit the media, it was around 55% +/-. You reference 65% (which I assume you read or heard). Googled it. Now some sources are citing 70 or 80%. It's odd.

President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence repeatedly told Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp that they approved of his aggressive plan to allow businesses to reopen, just a day before Trump pulled an about-face and publicly bashed the plan, according to two administration officials.

“I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities,” Trump said Wednesday.

Doesn't it ever get old criticizing the President due to unnamed sources?

Georgia is Kemp's deal. He can sink or swim on it but it does not reflect on Trump one way or another

We are witnessing sensationalized journalism reaching out to the lowest common denominator of human intelligence at its best.

No, I think we are watching journalism react to a narcissistic and sociopathic President with no control over his mouth. Someone has to hold him accountable for his dumbassery.

Desperate? It's like fish in a barrel, trumps mouth may have surpassed his twitter as being his own worst enemy.
I heard his comments, while he struggled with the concept and describing what the Drs were testing, I didn’t take them to mean he was suggesting the mainlining of Mr. Clean.
It appears many liberals did.....

It depends on which statistic you are working from. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledges a difference between flu death and flu associated death yet uses the term interchangeably. Additionally, there are significant statistical incompatibilities between official estimates and national vital statistics data. Compounding these problems is a marketing fear - a CDC communications strategy which medical experts "predict dire outcomes" during flu seasons. The CDC website states what has become commonly accepted and widely reported in the scientific press: 36,000 Americans die from the seasonal flu annually. That figure (36,000) results not only from counting flu associated deaths but also from bundling pneumonia with the flu.
Yeah they guesstimate based off deaths related to flu or flu like symptoms....I don’t think they are over counting as progressively as they are with this illness but who knows?

It’s funny how the TDS has people so desperate
Are you suggesting that it's prudent for Trump to be publicly pondering the utilization of disinfectants to treat a pandemic? Or are you just being sensitive yourself to any and all criticism/ridicule of Trump... and using the tired "TDS" line as a means of deflection? There are some off-the-wall stupid things which Trump says... that just can't go untouched. This particular fruit is so low-hanging... you have to swing at it.

Does the article mention who the source of the info was?

I dont know why but the herd immunity percentage required is climbing. When it first hit the media, it was around 55% +/-. You reference 65% (which I assume you read or heard). Googled it. Now some sources are citing 70 or 80%. It's odd.
As they gather more data the number will change but it is just a guess. It's always going to be a rough %, so I just used 65%.

Yep..... this is true..... look at all the idiotic warning labels they have to put on products

I heard his comments, while he struggled with the concept and describing what the Drs were testing, I didn’t take them to mean he was suggesting the mainlining of Mr. Clean.
It appears many liberals did.....

You didn't because you're smarter than the average person. Society has ranges of intellect, his words have real impact and he's not smart enough to understand that the things he doesn't understand should be avoided in times of an unprecedented, novel health crisis.

Doesn't it ever get old criticizing the President due to unnamed sources?

Georgia is Kemp's deal. He can sink or swim on it but it does not reflect on Trump one way or another
Not nearly as old as trying to defend him must be.
Trump loved and supported the idea until smarter people told him he should publicly condemn Kemp.
Trump's a spineless liar.

As they gather more data the number will change but it is just a guess. It's always going to be a rough %, so I just used 65%.
Understood. No issue with your post. A general 'head scratcher' with the escalation of numbers.

VN Store

Back