Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I know everyone on here despises him, and I don't want to derail the thread. But I think it is fair to say Obama inspired many to vote for him in 2008. Especially among my age group.
2008 saw record numbers of first time voters in the African-American community... Obama won states such as Indiana and Iowa in 2008 - that can't be explained by merely appealing to the liberal base. Trump supporters like to point to the size of his crowds. Obama's were much bigger. His acceptance speech for the Democratic Party nomination at the 2008 Democratic Convention was given in front of 84,000 people at Invesco Field in Denver.

I think the last candidate who inspired people to vote For them was Bill Clinton. That one is debatable. Reagan would be next.

Clinton inspired females, men were "Bush wasn't Regan" and if it weren't for Newt's contract with America and Bob Dole being a crappy nominee, Clinton wouldn't have won a second term.

Reactions: GordonC
Politicians, for the most part, express their opinons and beliefs on ideas, concepts, laws, etc. that are understandable, decipherable and are stated within the capabilities of most individuals. Once you begin to question the scientific community, you don't have the level of knowledge from which to to do so.

What are the qualifications to be a member of the "scientific community"?

Clinton inspired females, men were "Bush wasn't Regan" and if it weren't for Newt's contract with America and Bob Dole being a crappy nominee, Clinton wouldn't have won a second term.
Good insight. I was referring to Bill's first election.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I know everyone on here despises him, and I don't want to derail the thread. But I think it is fair to say Obama inspired many to vote for him in 2008. Especially among my age group.

True. I don't hate him. "Everyone" is a non-starter however it is one way to help demarcate the racists.

Sounds like the anyone but Trump battlecry we see here a lot. I wonder, is there any return from this point in politics where we don't vote for our person as much as we vote against their person.
Anyone but Trump is certainly my battle cry.
It's never been my basis before and hopefully never will again.
Trump was an anomaly.........we all should hope and pray.
If Trump is the norm......if he continues to be normalized, then there is no return.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
A number of high quality randomized control trials, so please shove your belittling up your a$$
Related to hand washing and face masks. In the context of influenza.
1587996168677.jpeg
“The evidence base on the effectiveness of [non-pharmaceutical interventions] in the community setting is limited...”

“The overall quality of the evidence was very low for most interventions...”

“There are few [random control trials] for other NPI’s and much of the evidence basis is from observational studies and computer simulations...”

All from your picture!

You didn’t even read the picture! It’s like a couple hundred words.

My Dad was one of those Perot dudes. He still brings him up randomly when I start railing on Trump.

I don't know what happened to Perot, there were rumors he and his family received threats and he kinda freaked out during the primaries. He had a good shot at beating Bush for the nomination until then.

Reactions: McDad
Anyone but Trump is certainly my battle cry.
It's never been my basis before and hopefully never will again.
Trump was an anomaly.........we all should hope and pray.
If Trump is the norm......if he continues to be normalized, then there is no return.
Mick doesn't hold much esteem for people who think like you.

VN Store

Back