Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I don't think so. I don't view Reagan as anywhere near as "inspiring" as Kennedy or Obama.
I do believe many did vote FOR Reagan.
To me, it is obvious he inspired people to vote for him in '84 simply because of the landslide victory. He pulled a lot of Ds. I think they called them "blue dog democrats.

I couldn't comment on Kennedy because I wasn't alive.

facebook mods busted me because they don't get sarcasm, lol

View attachment 273756
Becky must have reported your post.
15264009929665.jpg

My fault. I assumed this notion, ..."I dare say "conservatives" couldn't articulate the Republican platform other than "but Hillary, Obama, and the deep state"... would be applicable to everyone.
Why on earth would you ever think that? When have any of the liberals on this board held the Dems to the same high standards they do the Pubs? Does not happen. Biden could rape their wives and they'd still say "well he's not as bad as Trump on the continuum".

Why on earth would you ever think that? When have any of the liberals on this board held the Dems to the same high standards they do the Pubs? Does not happen. Biden could rape their wives and they'd still say "well he's not as bad as Trump on the continuum".
Hey there’s at least one liberal here that takes issue with that.

Honestly, I don't see anything in Biden which would inspire people to vote for him. I am sure the democrats have a platform. But I don't know what Biden's is. I think it is very safe to say that the folks who lean that way on this board will not be voting for Biden as much as they will be voting against Trump.

Honestly, I don't see anything in Biden which would inspire people to vote for him. I am sure the democrats have a platform. But I don't know what Biden's is. I think it is very safe to say that the folks who lean that way on this board will not be voting for Biden as much as they will be voting against Trump.
Why it's the O'Biden Bama platform, you silly.

Reactions: McDad
Sounds like the anyone but Trump battlecry we see here a lot. I wonder, is there any return from this point in politics where we don't vote for our person as much as we vote against their person.

No.
Like Cash for Clunkers, the election of Trump invited media, bureaucrats, and fascist left to unmask, and bring forward the vision of their future sales. And boy, did they!

Lost in C19 hysteria is the report summing IG Horowitz's review and the clear messaging from Barr and Durham that gross abuse of power occurred, and that people should go to prison. The only question is whether they can make legally tenable cases, not whether they should hang.

Frequent and continuing attempts to remove a president aren't simply dirty politics. This is a Gangs of NY knife fight. I personally don't think those people can be allowed any further advantage, and there's no going back until one side is collecting ears and noses.

Pardon my blue-sky, sunny prognostication, but I'm an optimist at heart.

Reactions: 37L1 and McDad
I don't think so. I don't view Reagan as anywhere near as "inspiring" as Kennedy or Obama.
I do believe many did vote FOR Reagan.
Kennedy may have been inspiring but not when it came to getting out the vote. He was elected by the narrowest of margins against Nixon as far as the popular vote goes. But that darn Electoral College again.

Kennedy won a 303 to 219 Electoral College victory and is generally considered to have won the national popular vote by 112,827, a margin of 0.17 percent, though some argue that Nixon should be credited with the popular vote victory,[2] as the issue of the popular vote was complicated by the presence of several unpledged electors in the Deep South. Fourteen unpledged electors from Mississippi and Alabama cast their vote for Senator Harry F. Byrd, as did a faithless elector from Oklahoma. The 1960 presidential election was the closest election since 1916, -wikipedia

Reactions: McDad
Well, then that's all they were looking for. Meanwhile has she been to the doctor or teleconsulted with a physician?
They told her to wait on the results when she called back Friday to ask if it wasn't wise to do a strep test on her.

Here's what I'd like to know. These corona tests are free to get. What is the price the Feds are paying per each test given? I'm going to guess it it's an ungodly amount after seeing her situation and knowing what they pay per "corona listed" death. I haven't seen the test payout mentioned. Anyone know?

They told her to wait on the results when she called back Friday to ask if it wasn't wise to do a strep test on her.

Here's what I'd like to know. These corona tests are free to get. What is the price the Feds are paying per each test given? I'm going to guess it it's an ungodly amount after seeing her situation and knowing what they pay per "corona listed" death. I haven't seen the test payout mentioned. Anyone know?
The only one I've seen was for an "at home" test and that was for $119.00.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
I thought you said you were a libertarian?
I said probably closer to libertarian than democrat or republican. that’s mostly because I believe in women’s right to choose, legalization of weed, and gun ownership.

But at the same time, I believe there needs to be healthcare reform, whether that’s M4A or some other form but rising healthcare cost is an issue that needs to be addressed. But that’s a three part problem involving insurance, pharmaceuticals and hospitals/care facilities.

I also believe something needs to be done about the rising cost of higher education. While I don’t believe it should necessarily be free, especially for those that can afford to pay, something needs to happen in to universities rising prices just because they can. Also predatory student loans need to go away. As does all predatory lending.

And then climate change is something that needs to be addressed as well. There’s definitely rising temperatures but we need to see what’s actually effective procedures as far as offsetting carbon impact. Sometimes just getting rid of one thing that seems to be a problem for the environment just creates bigger problems elsewhere.

VN Store

Back