Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

To me, it is obvious he inspired people to vote for him in '84 simply because of the landslide victory. He pulled a lot of Ds. I think they called them "blue dog democrats.

I couldn't comment on Kennedy because I wasn't alive.
I think the difference in our perspectives in how we are defining "inspire".
People were certainly FOR him, but they were not INSPIRED by him. IMHO

Reactions: McDad
That is the nuts and bolts of the situation with antibodies and immunity. Apparently the Republicans are putting all their eggs in herd immunity which means that 65%+ would have to actually get the virus and produce their own antibodies. You went out of your way to attack WHO like a good little sheep though.

I think "Republicans" are putting all their eggs in herd immunity, vaccine development, allowing treatments that are helping a lot of people *now*, not quarantining the vast not at risk along with the smaller at risk, and opening society while we still have remnants of an economy to return to.

That's the basket.

Reactions: allvol123

Kennedy was the worst foreign policy president of the 20th century. One bumbling debacle after the next leading us to the brink of extinction as a species and putting us on the footpath to the Vietnam war.

But yeah, he had some charisma.

Who was or was not "inspired" probably has something to do with their political beliefs.

Personally, I haven't been inspired by a candidate since I reached voting age.

So which states are going to be the guinea pigs and make significant steps, first? Quite a risk.

cache.php

Why on earth would you ever think that? When have any of the liberals on this board held the Dems to the same high standards they do the Pubs? Does not happen. Biden could rape their wives and they'd still say "well he's not as bad as Trump on the continuum".
Not true. That would put Biden equal to Trump on the continuum.

Honestly, I don't see anything in Biden which would inspire people to vote for him. I am sure the democrats have a platform. But I don't know what Biden's is. I think it is very safe to say that the folks who lean that way on this board will not be voting for Biden as much as they will be voting against Trump.
My vote will be almost entirely against Trump.

Yea, that couldn't hurt and hopefully we will see some of that as we get closer to the election and away from the Covid madness.
Election hubbub and promotion has taken a back seat to our pandemic. Are you familiar with any of the planks on Biden's "wish" list for his platform?

VN Store

Back