Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Unless I read it wrong, that only covers covid-19. If we want people to stop coming into work sick, it needs to be for anything, as long as there’s some kinda drs note proving sickness.

Employee just has to have the symptoms and is seeking a diagnosis.

I believe I heard this morning that 25% of NYC residents have had Covid-19 thanks to the antibody test data. That is showing it was here long before and is not as deadly as what was thought.

Long before when? The climb in death rate we saw in NY is fully consistent with these numbers and the prevailing scientific view on mortality rate, which was 0.66%.

If 22% of NYC's 8.4 MM population (2018 data) had CV, that is 1.8 MM infections. At a mortality rate of 0.66%, that would be 12,200 deaths in the city. How many deaths have there been in the city? Right about that number.

That antibody testing result had me dancing in front of my computer. The data have consistently suggested that about 10x the number of reported to have had CV must have had it - or else our understanding of mortality rate was wrong and it was in fact much more deadly. But that didn't click at all with data we got from things like the Diamond Princess cruise ship. This result confirms that in fact it is about an order of magnitude more people in NY that have it.

That result won't be repeated across most of the rest of the country. Numbers will be less than 10% and likely less than 5% in most other places. They just aren't dense enough and with enough travel in/out of the regions (to Europe/Asia) for it to be too much ahead of that, IMO.

bernie_bros_1.jpg

Lol so these 3 dudes right here, name these 3 volnation posters ready go!
Luther, Mick, and bnhunt.

Employee just has to have the symptoms and is seeking a diagnosis.
Again though, this just covers covid. If we want people to stop coming into work sick, we need to expand it.

I know the hospital I’m working at is covering all cost, time off, hospitalization if needed, everything for employees, so long as it’s covid.

Again though, this just covers covid. If we want people to stop coming into work sick, we need to expand it.

I know the hospital I’m working at is covering all cost, time off, hospitalization if needed, everything for employees, so long as it’s covid.

Covid has changed the way we handle people calling in sick, so much so I've threatened to fire anyone showing up with a fever. I would rather pay someone a few days to "work from home" than risk infecting other employees even if it's just a cold. I think we'll see most employers adopting similar attitudes.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim

VN Store

Back