Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

It's harder to deal with the willfully ignorant part of his exterior
Then why make it even harder by antagonizing.

Libertarians have to learn to put their medicine in a spoonful of sugar for us old, reluctant types.

Then why make it even harder by antagonizing.

Libertarians have to learn to put their medicine in a spoonful of sugar for us old, reluctant types.
Maybe I'm grumpy from homeschooling a K and 2nd and just don't feel like dropping down a level for him. Who knows

Reactions: 37L1 and McDad
I will look into it although I cannot see how putting more money into circulation (and there is no way around that if it's "universal") cannot increase inflation.

If it is offset by cuts to existing welfare programs I'm not sure it is such a bad idea. If we are going to be a welfare state, I would rather give people the choice on how to spend it. It may actually teach some personal responsibility on how money is spent.

If the ubi is in addition to existing welfare programs, then no, I'm not in favor. It's just another entitlement program we won't be able to get rid of.

I'll do some googling but I can't see how it's more efficient.
It’s only more efficient in that it would replace all other forms of social welfare payments.
Kind of like how a VAT would be a more efficient means of taxation (consumption-based) but only if it replaces existing income-based tax code.

Reactions: rjd970 and McDad
If it is offset by cuts to existing welfare programs I'm not sure it is such a bad idea. If we are going to be a welfare state, I would rather give people the choice on how to spend it. It may actually teach some personal responsibility on how money is spent.

If the ubi is in addition to existing welfare programs, then no, I'm not in favor. It's just another entitlement program we won't be able to get rid of.

Is the idea for it to be universal? Every man woman and child regardless of income?

VN Store

Back