Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Great so they quarantine. How’s this difficult?
If they aren't testing the staff members of these communities on a regular basis, then those people who reside in such facilities are still at risk... and if even one of the senior citizens contracts COVID-19, then several of them will contract it. There are multiple degrees of separation with the spread of this contagion and the staff members, who are typically much younger and usually healthy, are not necessarily symptomatic.

Last edited:
Reactions: BisonVol
Maybe. Maybe not. Someone will have to figure out the logistics of it or people in nursing homes will keep dropping like flies.
The facilities can't afford not to. Not just because their senior citizens are dying, but because it will eventually become so dangerous that nobody will want to use them. The sons and daughters of these senior citizens will start pulling their parents out of the communities en masse. This exodus will reach a point that the facilities will start having to close, because they won't have enough residents. It will be a business decision.

The facilities can't afford not to. Not just because their senior citizens are dying, but because it will eventually become so dangerous that nobody will want to use them. The sons and daughters of these senior citizens will start pulling their parents out of the communities en masse. This will reach a point that the facilities will start having to close, because they don't have enough residents.

Bingo. There are economic implications as well as safety implications.

If they aren't testing the staff members of these communities on a regular basis, then those people who reside in such facilities are still at risk... and if even one of the senior citizens contracts COVID-19, then several of them will contract it. There are multiple degrees of separation with this virus and the staff members, who are typically much younger and usually healthy, are not necessarily symptomatic.

So, what are you saying exactly? Are you advocating for me to stay home because I might transmit the virus (unintentionally) to these people?

I ask that you carefully consider your response before you respond. Otherwise, this may get messy for you. With all due respect, and I am being serious, I am positioned to destroy your reply if it is not proper.

So, what are you saying exactly? Are you advocating for me to stay home because I might transmit the virus (unintentionally) to these people?

I ask that you carefully consider your response before you respond. Otherwise, this may get messy for you. With all due respect, and I am being serious, I am positioned to destroy your reply if it is not proper.

Does it hurt when a reply gets destroyed?

No, I'm saying that any staff member who comes in direct contact with senior citizens in one of these facilities on a daily basis, should be tested regularly for the Coronavirus.

Not for me. Does it hurt when you realize just how alone you really are without your consent?
All those warnings... I was expecting something really serious. Dynamite or C4 or that rifle from The Mandalorian. It was a bit anti-climactic that nothing was destroyed after that buildup, if I’m being honest.

All those warnings... I was expecting something really serious. Dynamite or C4 or that rifle from The Mandalorian. It was a bit anti-climactic that nothing was destroyed after that buildup, if I’m being honest.

Ah, you're just trying to compensate for small genitals. Go watch 'Die Hard'. The first one.

Reactions: 37L1
So I'll throw out a theory - critique at will; I'm interested in facts that will invalidate it.

Assumption - short of a vaccine or herd immunity the majority of the population will contract Covid-19 (Interested in hearing if this assumption is false)

The lowest total cost approach to handling the situation is to maximize the speed with which the population(referenced above) contracts Covid-19 without overburdening the HC system and while protecting the most vulnerable. IOW - flattening the curve to prevent unnecessary deaths due to lack of HC resources but not flattening so much as to prolong the inevitable infection of population at the cost of more damage to the economy worldwide.

Where am I going wrong?

I don’t think you are wrong and I can’t offer a devils advocate on this because of the logic .. there’s only one curve until there’s a cure . The starting line and ending line is the same only the actually bending of it is what we are controlling . We are just pushing down on the center and extending the end point out further . (IMO )

Last edited:
Yea, nobody thinks that. There are more people that think the economy will jump back to where it was before the virus if everything was open.

Both are wrong . The one thing for sure that will happen is , we will break the machine eventually if we keep it down too long . There’s always a breaking point we just don’t know where it’s at .

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Both are wrong . The one thing for sure that will happen is , we will break the machine eventually if we keep it down too long . There’s always a breaking point we just don’t know where it’s at .
I have hope that the virus was being passed around much earlier leading to more people with the antibodies which in turn will limit the possible hosts the virus can infect, which will reduce the spread. NYC did what was best for the people of NYC. What they did slowed the spread to other states. I don't remember may people rushing to NYC to get their herd immunity.

The facilities can't afford not to. Not just because their senior citizens are dying, but because it will eventually become so dangerous that nobody will want to use them. The sons and daughters of these senior citizens will start pulling their parents out of the communities en masse. This exodus will reach a point that the facilities will start having to close, because they won't have enough residents. It will be a business decision.
They won’t pull them out...... the reason they are there is bc family members can’t care for them.

VN Store

Back