Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

They won’t pull them out...... the reason they are there is bc family members can’t care for them.
In some cases, yes they will pull them out, and hire a personal in-home care aide instead. The difference in cost between an assisted living facility and simply hiring a home health aide to work out the privacy of your own home (such as from Brightstarcare.com?) is not significant (or so I've been told). If the risk of death from living in one of these facilities becomes too great... then yes, caring sons and daughters will do something about it. My parents are in their late 70's but in reasonably good health for their advanced age. If they were in an assisted living residence right now, I would spend every last dime I had to get them the hell out of there. My conscience couldn't handle it if either one of them died in one of them and I hadn't done anything to reduce their risk.

Last edited:
Cost/benefit analysis would likely show that the tests would be cheaper than losing that many people in their care... and you also have to think about the legal ramifications going forward. If they don't start being more proactive, these facilities will open themselves up to being sued. Some suits may happen anyway. The U.S. is a litigious society.
I will do the cost/benefit analysis for you...... we broke.... skilled nursing centers are not huge money makers anymore..... it is why there are very few under private ownership and why big companies like kindred has gotten out of the business.... They don’t allow very many high level patients to stay in these facilities so we only take care of the sickest of the sick. It was why you see buildings that use to hold 220 patients now holding 100-120. Also, every single time the government makes cuts it is to skilled nursing facilities...
It would probably have to be another government program to be able to pay for tests daily for these type of facilities.... they would also have to come up with something less invasive bc we won’t have any employees if every day that get that swab tickling their brain.

I have hope that the virus was being passed around much earlier leading to more people with the antibodies which in turn will limit the possible hosts the virus can infect, which will reduce the spread. NYC did what was best for the people of NYC. What they did slowed the spread to other states. I don't remember may people rushing to NYC to get their herd immunity.

It was already in every state . More people don’t get antibodies by shutting down the country . Again , flattening the curve only extends the end point . Sooner or latter you will have to start the economy back up or you will break the machine . When farmers start cutting back on planting and culling live stock , there’s going to be a rubber band effect and it’s going to hurt . The longer we stretch the rubber band out the more pain it’s going to bring when it snaps back .

In some cases, yes they will pull them out, and hire a personal in-home care aide instead. The difference in cost between an assisted living facility and simply hiring a home health aide to work out the privacy of your own home (such as from Brightstarcare.com?) is not significant (or so I've been told).
They may do that for some assisted living but assisted living is not as at risk as skilled nursing facilities..... they have their own private apartments and require very limited assistance to be able to qualify to stay there...you will still have different caregivers coming in your house that can bring it there on a daily basis.

In some cases, yes they will pull them out, and hire a personal in-home care aide instead. The difference in cost between an assisted living facility and simply hiring a home health aide to work out the privacy of your own home (such as from Brightstarcare.com?) is not significant (or so I've been told). If the risk of death from living in one of these facilities becomes too great... then yes, caring sons and daughters will do something about it. My parents are in their late 70's but in reasonably good health for their advanced age. If they were in an assisted living residence right now, I would spend every last dime I had to get them the hell out of there. My conscience couldn't handle it if either one of them died in one of them and I hadn't done anything to reduce their risk.
one more thing..... don’t buy into the media hype.... they just lied about my facility yesterday..... the majority of these places are very proactive in their processes to try and prevent this disease and definitely it’s spread..... at the ALF..... they would have processes for monitoring staff and your parents versus someone coming off the street with no such guidelines.

I worked at a meat packing packing plant in my younger days . Don’t ask , if you want it just eat it and don’t think about it . Same goes for ground beef . Lol
The same goes for eating at restaurants.... if it doesn’t kill you then it makes you stronger has been my motto

Reactions: 0nelilreb
It was already in every state . More people don’t get antibodies by shutting down the country . Again , flattening the curve only extends the end point . Sooner or latter you will have to start the economy back up or you will break the machine . When farmers start cutting back on planting and culling live stock , there’s going to be a rubber band effect and it’s going to hurt . The longer we stretch the rubber band out the more pain it’s going to bring when it snaps back .

Are you saying the measures put in place in NY didn't "slow" the spread to other states? You're trying to treat this as an argument which wasn't what was said.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
they aren’t presidents setting guidelines to wear masks...
Doesn't even matter to almost everybody, except maybe you and LG.

I think it has more to do with your TDS than actually "setting an example" for people to ignore.

If they aren't scared about catching CV-19 by now, the President and VP wearing masks ain't going to do it for them.

I rank that right up there with wearing WIN buttons. With the rate we are printing/spending money we don't have, those things just might be back in style soon.

Are you saying the measures put in place in NY didn't "slow" the spread to other states? You're trying to treat this as an argument which wasn't what was said.

You are the one that changed the topic and brought up NYC . I said we can’t keep the country shut down without repercussions and the longer it’s shut down the bigger the snap back . It’s not an argument less you don’t think what I said is true .

You are the one that changed the topic and brought up NYC . I said we can’t keep the country shut down without repercussions and the longer it’s shut down the bigger the snap back . It’s not an argument less you don’t think what I said is true .
The desire for herd immunity to open the economy back up is the goal. Some want to open the economy back up to achieve herd immunity. Understandable since it's our only option absent a vaccine. The question is how to do it without overloading the system while keeping our supply chains intact. Give it a month and we will have a clearer picture.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
I wonder what the actual China Flu deaths looked like if our governments weren't using Puerto Rico hurricane math?
I wonder what the actual Wuhan Flu deaths looked like if we had the real numbers from China.

Where is their "herd immunity" if they snuffed this thing out by forced locked downs as they have suggested?

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back