Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I think more and more people are going to start telling the .gov to piss up a rope.

CDC urges against spring break festivities as beachfront culture wars heat up

Spring break has become the latest battleground of the nation’s culture wars, with some conservatives encouraging travel to warm-weather states like Florida, while the Biden administration pleads with people to stay home until a greater share of the nation is vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Speaking during a White House coronavirus task force briefing on Monday, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director, reminded the public that her agency's guidance against nonessential travel remains in place. But such travel is already happening, with the Transportation Security Administration screening 1.3 million travelers last Friday, the most since the pandemic began.

A good number of those travelers appear to be traveling to states like Florida and Texas, where Republican have done away with virtually all coronavirus restrictions. The Biden administration worries that not only is such travel premature, it could be counterproductive in battling the pandemic.

“We have seen footage enjoying spring break festivities maskless,” Dr. Walensky said. “This is all in the context of, still, 50,000 cases per day.” She added that a recent spike in Europe was a warning of what could be in store for the United States if caution went to the warming spring wind.

One thing about the youth of today. They have their problems, they are entitled little sh!ts from time to time, but at their core, they are still rebellious teenagers and early 20s people that will do exactly the opposite of what you're telling them if you push the issue.

People were scared to death last year because the media and everyone decided to blow this virus up like something out of a Stephen King novel. Come to find out it's not as bad as they let on and people, especially the younger crowd, are tired of being locked up.

What's the federal government going to do when states like Florida and Texas tell them to eff off even more than they already are?

ETA: this is slightly concerning:

Asked about the controversy over spring break, the White House pointed to CDC guidelines asking people to “delay travel” for the foreseeable future. The Biden administration knows that Americans are exhausted by the pandemic and are eager to resume ordinary life. At the same time, they fear that a too-rapid return to normal will prove all too brief, as the coronavirus surges back and leads to more restrictive measures again.

Again, what happens when states start telling the federal level to get bent?

Reactions: StarRaider
AZ Mayor: We’re ‘Completely in the Dark’ on Health Status of Migrants Being Placed in our Town

On Monday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” Gila Bend, AZ Mayor Chris Riggs stated that his city is “completely in the dark” on the migrants that will be placed in his city, and the federal government can’t give information on the backgrounds of people being placed in Gila Bend, “They can’t tell us what their health issues are.” Riggs also stated that “we just do not have the ability to care for these people.”

Riggs said, “At this point, what we’re looking at is, we’re a very economically depressed community. We can barely afford to take care of the people that we have here in our community now. And, as of the 2nd, Border Patrol advised us they’re basically going to drop people off here and…they’re your problem. And we just do not have the ability to care for these people. And, quite frankly, it’s going to cost us tens of thousands of dollars a year to be able just to provide them with a bottle of water and a sandwich when they get dropped off. Because they’re not able to give us how many. They can’t give us what background on these people are. They can’t tell us what their health issues are. I’ve got a lot of seniors and elders here…that are very susceptible to COVID.”

AZ Mayor: We're 'Completely in the Dark' on Health Status of Migrants Being Placed in our Town

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Reactions: StarRaider
Moderna begins testing its COVID vaccine in children aged 6 months to 11 years — The Wall Street Journal

Considering kids under 17 have made up only around 11% of total cases, I can’t imagine the number of subjects you would need to see a statistical difference. For instance, even in the adult studies, there were only 200 positive cases out of the 30k that they enrolled in both placebo and treatment arms.

Considering kids have seen very little harm from this virus, I cant imagine why a parent would enroll their child.

Considering kids have seen very little harm from this virus, I cant imagine why a parent would enroll their child.
I'm confident schools and daycares will require it as soon as the FDA approves it. I don't think they should, and this whole thing has made me really start to question vaccination requirements, but I don't doubt they will.

Reactions: allvol123
Exclusive — Sen. Joni Ernst: U.S. Funded Wuhan Institute of Virology Coronavirus Research with NIH Grants

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) told Breitbart News on Wednesday that the federal government provided funding to the Wuhan Institute of Virology for researching bat coronaviruses.

“Through our research and some great researchers out there working in various levels of the press, they have discovered that through the NIH, we did have grant dollars that went to the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” Ernst said in an interview with Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily.

She continued, “This project that they had at Wuhan was being subsidized by U.S. taxpayers … I am going to the Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General to investigate and get to the bottom of this. I also have a bill which would require every project from all of our federal agencies that are supported with federal funds to include a price tag with the cost so that it is easily found by taxpayers.”

Exclusive — Sen. Joni Ernst: U.S. Funded Wuhan Institute of Virology

Exclusive — Sen. Joni Ernst: U.S. Funded Wuhan Institute of Virology Coronavirus Research with NIH Grants

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) told Breitbart News on Wednesday that the federal government provided funding to the Wuhan Institute of Virology for researching bat coronaviruses.

“Through our research and some great researchers out there working in various levels of the press, they have discovered that through the NIH, we did have grant dollars that went to the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” Ernst said in an interview with Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily.

She continued, “This project that they had at Wuhan was being subsidized by U.S. taxpayers … I am going to the Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General to investigate and get to the bottom of this. I also have a bill which would require every project from all of our federal agencies that are supported with federal funds to include a price tag with the cost so that it is easily found by taxpayers.”

Exclusive — Sen. Joni Ernst: U.S. Funded Wuhan Institute of Virology

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2011304/joni-ernst-blasted-getting-covid-vaccine-called-it-hoax/

VN Store

Back