Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

He is a great scientist. All the great scientists spent their careers working for the government.

I work in the field of numbers science. We analyze, make estimates, predictions, etc., some with very large $ consequences. If I had Fauci’s track record I would have gotten walking papers a while back.

I’m not expected to always be right, but I am always expected to be able to point to why I was wrong. What was my bad input? What was the flawed assumption?

Fauci’s moves the goalposts and can never articulate the why or explain why the previous thinking was wrong. He’s lost all credibility with thinking people.

I work in the field of numbers science. We analyze, make estimates, predictions, etc., some with very large $ consequences. If I had Fauci’s track record I would have gotten walking papers a while back.

I’m not expected to always be right, but I am always expected to be able to point to why I was wrong. What was my bad input? What was the flawed assumption?

Fauci’s moves the goalposts and can never articulate the why or explain why the previous thinking was wrong. He’s lost all credibility with thinking people.
Vaccinated or naturally-acquired immune people who wear masks have also lost credibility. Even if you thought they worked in the first place, it's total nonsense with antibodies.

Vaccinated or naturally-acquired immune people who wear masks have also lost credibility. Even if you thought they worked in the first place, it's total nonsense with antibodies.
Their explanations for wearing masks have changed too.

First it was protecting yourself.
Then it was protecting others.
Then it was you need to wear multiple to protect yourself.
Now it's you still need to wear it even if vaccinated.

Their explanations for wearing masks have changed too.

First it was protecting yourself.
Then it was protecting others.
Then it was you need to wear multiple to protect yourself.
Now it's you still need to wear it even if vaccinated.

Do you wear protection when you abuse your furniture?

Reactions: volfanhill
Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, or maybe I just haven’t been paying attention, but this is the first time that I’ve seen “branch covidians.” That’s ****ing perfect.

I saw it in a tweet right before I posted it (ironic that it applies to our most prolific drive-by tweeter). Couldn't pass it up.

Reactions: McDad
Fauci is not looking at countries that have heavily vaccinated their people like the UK and Israel. Those countries are not seeing a surge. If he had said vaccines may save our country from what Europe is going through right now, he'd be declared a prophet 6 mos from now

Fauci completely discounts natural immunity.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Fauci is not looking at countries that have heavily vaccinated their people like the UK and Israel. Those countries are not seeing a surge. If he had said vaccines may save our country from what Europe is going through right now, he'd be declared a prophet 6 mos from now

I’m convinced we will see another “surge” in cases. However because vaccines are becoming more prevalent, ill be interested to see how this affects hospitalizations and deaths.

It's all about control and appearances. It has little to actually do with health.

‘He’s dead wrong’: Fauci and Paul trade TV barbs after sparring on the Hill — POLITICO

“Paul, an ophthalmologist with no expertise in epidemiology,...”

It’s funny, the article doesn’t say, “Fauci, a government employee who had never treated a patient in his life....”

I'm no Fauci fan but I am of fan of facts and there's this:

As a practicing physician, Fauci still sees patients at the NIH’s Clinical Center. “I made rounds on two seriously ill Covid patients, which means I had to suit up in all of the PPE and all the other stuff that you do,” he said.

It might be surprising that Fauci still makes time to see and treat patients, given all of his other responsibilities. But, “I do believe that one gets unique insights into disease when you actually physically interact with patients,” he told Science Magazine in 2015. During the 2015 Ebola crisis, Fauci also treated patients himself

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/04/dr-...nds at the research hospital,you do,” he said.

If that article is a lie, fine, let's correct the record but if not, we have to go where the facts lead us.

‘He’s dead wrong’: Fauci and Paul trade TV barbs after sparring on the Hill — POLITICO

“Paul, an ophthalmologist with no expertise in epidemiology,...”

It’s funny, the article doesn’t say, “Fauci, a government employee who had never treated a patient in his life....”

Paul's point was there are no data saying masks are required after acquired immunity (case or vaccine) and that Fauci was speculating that masks would be needed through 2022 with no data to support that speculation.

Paul was not saying masks are not effective.

Where Paul overstepped is suggesting that studies show acquired immunity means you likely can't spread or be reinfected (the rate would be low). The data is inconclusive here.

In effect they were arguing different points but Paul's point stands that Fauci's continued recommendation that we need masks even into 2022 is not based on data but rather speculated risk mitigation.

Paul is also correct that data doesn't show Fauci (fully vaccinated) should be wearing 2 masks.

I'm no Fauci fan but I am of fan of facts and there's this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/04/dr-faucis-daily-routine-and-work-schedule-during-the-covid-pandemic.html#:~:text=Rounds at the research hospital,you do,” he said.

If that article is a lie, fine, let's correct the record but if not, we have to go where the facts lead us.

I have no doubt he rounds and sees patients. But Looking through his resume, he never had a position of primarily a practicing physician. I’m not sure how involved he is with the actual treatment of the patients that he sees.

I could be wrong though.

I have no doubt he rounds and sees patients. But Looking through his resume, he never had a position of primarily a practicing physician. I’m not sure how involved he is with the actual treatment of the patients that he sees.

I could be wrong though.

I think that's a fair statement on Fauci but it's incorrect to say “Fauci, a government employee who had never treated a patient in his life....”

Paul's point was there are no data saying masks are required after acquired immunity (case or vaccine) and that Fauci was speculating that masks would be needed through 2022 with no data to support that speculation.

Paul was not saying masks are not effective.

Where Paul overstepped is suggesting that studies show acquired immunity means you likely can't spread or be reinfected (the rate would be low). The data is inconclusive here.

In effect they were arguing different points but Paul's point stands that Fauci's continued recommendation that we need masks even into 2022 is not based on data but rather speculated risk mitigation.

Paul is also correct that data doesn't show Fauci (fully vaccinated) should be wearing 2 masks.

If they were arguing different points then that's on Fauci for not answering the question asked of him. Of course that's what people do when faced with a question they can't handle

Surgeons at Chicago hospital perform one of the World’s First double-lung Transplants on a COVID Patient using Organs from a Donor who previously tested Positive for the Virus

A Chicago hospital says doctors have successfully performed one of the world's first double-lung transplants on a COVID-19 patient using the organs of a donor who had recovered from the disease.

Surgeons at Northwestern Medicine said the recipient was diagnosed with coronavirus last year and eventually became so sick that he was on life support and in dire need of a transplant.

The lungs came from a donor who previously tested positive for the virus, but only experienced mild symptoms - and recuperated - before dying of an unrelated cause.

Surgeons perform double-lung transplant using organs from donor who previously had COVID-19 | Daily Mail Online

How is the data inconclusive on reinfection? We've been at this a year and the last article I saw there was less than 100 cases of confirmed reinfection. It might not be 100% but there should be enough data out there, and it seems like natural immunity is at least 95%.

And I don't see how you spread something you can't catch. If you are immune, your body is killing it before it's shedding. I did some googling, and it sounds like the concerns are either with those 5% it's not effective in, or leaky vaccines that don't actually stop the virus. This does not sound like a leaky vaccine. So it's really just the 5% that can spread.

Let’s say by the end of the summer, 75% of the US population is fully vaccinated. That’s roughly 248 million people. At that point here are some questions.

1. Do we still need to test for COVID at the rate we are now? If so, why?

2. Is there any need for the media to constantly report on COVID? If so, why?

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back