Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Reactions: 508mikey
I'm guessing it's like most restaurants where you have to wear one to get in but once at your table you take it off.

I'll never understand that logic
Probably. I am just laughing at the claims the owners are making, in an attempt, to sound extra "safe." There is zero chance in hell their servers are washing their hands every time from table to table. It's a laughably absurd claim to make for many reasons.

I will say it again, I am amazed at Florida. In a good way.

I will put TN near the top of rankings in terms of not being total dumbasses with the way covid is handled by their citizens. That said, Florida is at another level. Being down here on vacation, it is like no one gives a damn(yay!). There are no decals on storefront windows even suggesting masks are needed. The restaurants are packed.

Just awesome. I travel in the southeast alot on the weekends, so have various points of reference. NC, KY, and GA kind of blow. Especially NC.

Hamilton county put out 3,600 first dose appointments yesterday morning, lowered the age to 55, and are now including people who work in infrastructure/meat packing, etc. There are still over 500 slots left. In January 3,600 spots would have been gone in 15 minutes. I know lots of people who don't qualify have either already gotten a shot or are going to get shots because they're not asking any questions at the vaccination sites. Mississippi is already (correctly) giving anyone a shot who wants it. We're still wringing our hands about muh special groups being left behind so they're maintaining the political theater of prioritizing them when in reality they want all slots filled and they obviously don't care who they go to. These are the people half our country want running more of their lives.

Probably. I am just laughing at the claims the owners are making, in an attempt, to sound extra "safe." There is zero chance in hell their servers are washing their hands every time from table to table. It's a laughably absurd claim to make for many reasons.
I also don't understand this. Stand at the hostess station with your mask on, then go to your table and they're all off. Somehow the virus knows you're eating so it hibernates, or maybe all the cheese dip stops it from escaping your body? And there are people lapping this up as good science and caring business owners. But I have no issue with two idiots consenting to a mutually beneficial transaction.

I also don't understand this. Stand at the hostess station with your mask on, then go to your table and they're all off. Somehow the virus knows you're eating so it hibernates, or maybe all the cheese dip stops it from escaping your body? And there are people lapping this up as good science and caring business owners. But I have no issue with two idiots consenting to a mutually beneficial transaction.
It's about control. Not safety or science.

I will say it again, I am amazed at Florida. In a good way.

I will put TN near the top of rankings in terms of not being total dumbasses with the way covid is handled by their citizens. That said, Florida is at another level. Being down here on vacation, it is like no one gives a damn(yay!). There are no decals on storefront windows even suggesting masks are needed. The restaurants are packed.

Just awesome. I travel in the southeast alot on the weekends, so have various points of reference. NC, KY, and GA kind of blow. Especially NC.
NC is a bastion of freedom compared to VA. You can sit at the bars in NC! We can't do that here.

Reactions: OL SMOKEY
Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor dies by suicide aged 65 after suffering severe post-COVID symptoms

Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor has died by suicide aged 65.

The restaurant chain announced the tragic news in a Facebook post, saying Taylor died on Thursday after experiencing from severe post-coronavirus symptoms, including tinnitus.

'Kent battled and fought hard like the former track champion that he was, but the suffering that greatly intensified in recent days became unbearable,' Taylor's family said in a statement.

Texas Roadhouse founder Kent Taylor dies by suicide after suffering severe post-COVID symptoms | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: 508mikey
Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor dies by suicide aged 65 after suffering severe post-COVID symptoms

Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor has died by suicide aged 65.

The restaurant chain announced the tragic news in a Facebook post, saying Taylor died on Thursday after experiencing from severe post-coronavirus symptoms, including tinnitus.

'Kent battled and fought hard like the former track champion that he was, but the suffering that greatly intensified in recent days became unbearable,' Taylor's family said in a statement.

Texas Roadhouse founder Kent Taylor dies by suicide after suffering severe post-COVID symptoms | Daily Mail Online
So tinnitus is a post covid symptom ? Damn that Fauci for not mentioning that

VN Store

Back