Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor dies by suicide aged 65 after suffering severe post-COVID symptoms

Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor has died by suicide aged 65.

The restaurant chain announced the tragic news in a Facebook post, saying Taylor died on Thursday after experiencing from severe post-coronavirus symptoms, including tinnitus.

'Kent battled and fought hard like the former track champion that he was, but the suffering that greatly intensified in recent days became unbearable,' Taylor's family said in a statement.

Texas Roadhouse founder Kent Taylor dies by suicide after suffering severe post-COVID symptoms | Daily Mail Online
OMG, I have tinnitus! Does this mean that I had covid 5 years ago? Am I gonna killz myself?

Reactions: 508mikey
Reactions: VolGirl81
If, big if, I have to move to the "DC area" for my work, Fredericksburg is an option since I'd likely only have to be in DC proper a couple days a week.

That would be a brutal commute, even a few days a week. I think VRE (commuter train) does stop there. The trip home in the evening...🤮

That would be a brutal commute, even a few days a week. I think VRE (commuter train) does stop there. The trip home in the evening...🤮
I'd take the VRE for sure.

All of my work is remote and is staying that way I'd guess, so I'd only need to be up there for the occasional company meeting or business development trip. Twice a week might even be an over estimation.

I'd take the VRE for sure.

All of my work is remote and is staying that way I'd guess, so I'd only need to be up there for the occasional company meeting or business development trip. Twice a week might even be an over estimation.

VRE is def the way to go. Fburg and Spotsylvania are the last 2 stops. Spotsy has huge parking lot. Driving, from DC, ugh, shoot me now. Although HOV lanes down to Fburg are in construction now. You would be shocked how many people make that daily commute.

Michigan is still struggling with outbreaks in schools and youth sports:
The state has seen a 77% increase in cases since mid-February, mainly attributable to more than 300 outbreaks from youth sports. Michigan’s stats are reverting back to where the state stood in mid-January when the first variant case of B.1.1.7. was identified.

New school outbreaks have increased since last week, with 58 reported Monday at education institutions including K-12 public and private schools, colleges and school administrative buildings.

"This is concerning. Outbreaks in this age group can have an impact on our children's education," Khaldun said. "The most important thing we all want is to have in-person learning."

Another 22 outbreaks were in daycare and childcare programs.

Michigan COVID-19 cases rise for fourth straight week

That's evidence that schools can be a significant source of outbreaks

I’m really surprised we haven’t seen more of these cases. Maybe they’re out there and MSM isn’t reporting them.
The truth is that the revocations, etc. still come down to people making the decision to do them. One of the local VDH guys here just doesn't have the stomach to deal with it and when he's told no he just leaves the business alone. I can think of two owners I know here in town that have not followed the mandate at all and are still open despite Northam's loyal brownshirts reporting them on the VDH tool.

The truth is that the revocations, etc. still come down to people making the decision to do them. One of the local VDH guys here just doesn't have the stomach to deal with it and when he's told no he just leaves the business alone. I can think of two owners I know here in town that have not followed the mandate at all and are still open despite Northam's loyal brownshirts reporting them on the VDH tool.

Most small business owners don’t have the cash to fight it so I was hoping local chambers of commerce (yeah I know) would help make the stand.

Yea no. Your link isn't about schools. And we aren't seeing this anywhere else. Oh and kids testing positive is not a big deal. Or a concern quite frankly.
The link includes facts about outbreaks in schools. I copy/pasted them in my post. How is this not about outbreaks in schools:

New school outbreaks have increased since last week, with 58 reported Monday at education institutions including K-12 public and private schools, colleges and school administrative buildings.

That's an exact quote from the article I linked. Did you miss that?

The link includes facts about outbreaks in schools. I copy/pasted them in my post. How is this not about outbreaks in schools:

That's an exact quote from the article I linked. Did you miss that?
58 out of how many schools? How many total students? Anyone sick?

They tried to do similar stories about my county when school started and it worked out to less than 2 per school. It was nothing

VN Store

Back